Stock Market

Oscar

Just buy stocks that are at 15. The stock market is not a fast way to make Neopoints, but it's a sure way. All stocks are pretty safe, since they can't go bankrupt, but you have to be patient and wait a while.

Also, you have to buy in large quantities. You can't just buy 5 shares and expect it to do you any good. Since it's guaranteed to increase at some point, don't be afraid to buy large amounts. It'll pay off eventually.

Mmhmm :yes:, just buy 1000 shares of any stock that's at 15. Eventually, you'll see some profit.

Oh, and be sure to watch POWR. If it drops dramatically, buy lots of it! It will be very expensive, but it's one of those that fluctuates more and has a higher profit possibility, but be careful, because there's a higher risk too.

Mmhmm :yes:, just buy 1000 shares of any stock that's at 15. Eventually, you'll see some profit.

Oh, and be sure to watch POWR. If it drops dramatically, buy lots of it! It will be very expensive, but it's one of those that fluctuates more and has a higher profit possibility, but be careful, because there's a higher risk too.

what about the biggest stock at the time jako somthing it went under?

what about the biggest stock at the time jako somthing it went under?

I lost about 300k worth of some stock that went bankrupt like 5-6 years back before I stopped playing (just getting back into the game :rolleyes_anim:). But yea, that's a whole different story.. just part of the risk, even though the chances of a stock going bankrupt is pretty slim. (last stock that went bankrupt was like 4 years ago, I think?)

Buy at 15, sell at 60+ is a basic strategy. It's just a big, boring, waiting game. :laughingsmiley:

The stocks used to be based on how many people bought them and sold them and such, like in the real world. So like in the real world, it was possible for stocks to go bankrupt. People - especially guilds - began taking advantage of this by buying up a whole bunch of one stock and then selling it for a huge profit and severely lessening the value of the stocks. Now they're randomized so people can't do that, and I'm pretty sure they've made it impossible for a stock to go under completely.

No, I think after people started abusing it, stocks still went under (80% sure). I think TNT put a "safety" feature in that way an investor wouldn't lose millions of neopoints.

That's what I said Will. People would abuse it and buy a lot, then sell it for a high price, causing the value of the stocks to plummet, sometimes to the point of going under. They do have a lovely safety feature now :)

No no what I meant was that stocks could still crash, but people wouldn't influence it.

Then TNT made a safety so stocks wouldn't crash later.

That's what I think. I get this feeling that I saw it somewhere before, but I don't remember for sure...

You can find a guide to see which stocks to invest in here:

http://www.neodaq.com/reportcard.php?sort=Live

Basically, they rate stocks on how they generally do, but as you'll notice on the bottom of the page, an A+ stock is estimated to take about 6 months to make a big profit (300%).