Malling Questions?

slimmy_182

Hey there! New here (well, first time forums user here, at least). I was just wondering if you guys could help me out with some questions about malling (or direct me somewhere that could?) I've read a few guides, but I'm still a little confused.

I'm very interested in it, but haven't a clue on where to get started. I'm aware that my shop size (22) is much too low at the moment, but I've been making a pretty steady income of ~70-100k/day, so pushing it up with what I have saved now isn't too big a deal.

How much is it to get started? I'm talking after getting the shop size up to par. I know that going from a size 22 to 125 (I read is a good starting size?) is around 1.5m

How is the restocking done? I do a little restocking via Neopets Shops (Chocolate Shop, Bakery, Books, etc), and I know it can be very time consuming. I noticed that [usually] mall shops are a little more expensive than stand-alones (convenience/effort put into the shop, etc.. understandable), so do you usually stock using player shops? I only ask because if it is very time consuming then malling probably won't be the best choice for me, as I would only have 2-3 hours or so to restock.

Getting into your first mall? Do you just apply for a spot or something?

I can't think of any other questions at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with some more!

Thanks in advance to all of the help. The site itself has already been a huge help in the few months I've been using it!

-Slim

Well, I've never tried malling myself. I think we have a few mallers

on the forum that could probably answer your questions with more detail.

I will however go ahead and say that it is probably safe to assume that if you don't have at least 5 hours for

hard core restocking then malling probably isn't going to work out well for you. Unless you can broker some

kind of deal with someone who will gather all the items and then you sell them off.

Also I would say that if you enjoy doing anything on Neopets that wouldn't be related to your mall then

you might want to rethink malling, because for what I can tell once you start it kind of consumes your Neo-life.

Anyway, those are just some things to think about. Hopefully some actual mallers will pop up here and give you their perspective.

Hmm.. alright, well thanks for the info.. I might end up having 5 hours of time, or even just 4. I figure a smaller mall would require less stocking-time, and I don't really plan on going real big for a while. All I do on Neopets is play the daily games (whichever I can get 1k np within 3-5min of game time), the dailies/wheels/scratchcards, and restock while playing KQ (obviously for more things to sell). It's basically all about making money for me since I started back up a few weeks back from a nice 4-5 year break. So my Neo-mall WOULD be my Neo-life. :P

• 2 weeks later...