So i have Notron Protection Center

*(Lady-Rose)*

few days from now and my Norton registration will expire i never had any problem with it it's pretty cool i loved it but

i was wondering if I should continue using it or should i try to buy something else this time!?!?!

some told me bit defender is better others said it's mcAfee and some said Kaspersky Is the best

Sooo What do you think?

If you're comfortable with your current solution, stick with it. :) Different anti-malware vendors don't make much difference in terms of actual security anyway. Windows is still as full of holes as ever. :P

AVG or Avast are your best bets for anti-virus and both are free.

I did use BitDefender but i found it to be pretty average and with little to no updates, although it might be better now.

McAfee & Norton are both resource heavy and heavily targeted antivirus programs, I cant comment Kaspersky.

• 1 month later...

For my antivirus, I use F-Prot. I've been using it for four years now with very few complaints. It doesn't bog down my computer at all, and it has had no conflicts with any other program I'm running.

There's a 30-day free trial that can be downloaded from their website. Subscription costs 29$US per year, and it covers up to six home computers. The six home licences is great for me, since I can then cover other family members too, even though they don't live in my home. (I have myself, my husband, my mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law all covered, even though we live in three separate houses.)

I don't trust AVG, since it missed several viruses on my sister's computer in the past. Usually, I'm a crusader for freeware, but, in this case, I think it's better to choose a more trustworthy product. That said, I still use Spybot - Search & Destroy for spyware protection.