To old for Neopets

Cara

You're never too old for neopets, although I'm far from an adult. xD My mom plays it too, although I don't put her username on my profile, cuz once i looked on her profile, and was mortified by her bragging about me. xD i was all like "moooooooooommmmmmm" in a neomail. but i'm not allowed to give ppl my mom's age. ^_^ sorry. i know i'm offtopic now. better run before the off topic smiley comes after me! :offtopic:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neopets is a game with plenty of appeal for different age groups, despite it's reputation as a kid's game. :yes: I've never received remarks about my age (15) online, but people in real life are generally quite surprised to see somebody my age on Neopets. I once came across a group of primary kids discussing Neopets and pitched in a random piece of advice, only to be met with a circle of shocked stares. xD

I am 35 and love neopets. As I was discussing this same topic with a friend just the other night and we both agreed that much (yet not all) of the content can be more appreciated by a more mature user, whereas many of the games are geared more toward youth. So there is indeed a little of something for all of us! :yes:

You can never be too old for Neopets!

Awhile ago, during my Math class, we had a free time. And I asked my Geometry teacher yesterday for help on the Lenny Conundrum and then he just directed me to a page in the book. Then I asked him again today because I simply could not get it! And when he finally saw the problem, he was stumped. XD He spent the whole time, trying to solve it. And when my classmates were curious of his concentration, they decided to join along in solving the problem as well. Then I told them how the contest would end on Wednesday and I'd tell them the answer on that day but they insisted on solving it. Hey, I just asked for help because I wanted that avatar!

Although Neopets gives out a "for kids" facade, I think the activities in the site are suitable for ALL ages. I mean, if it was just kids on Neopets, who would solve all the harder parts of the site like the plots and Lenny Conundrum?

I'll be 22 next month.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well personally, as I said before, you're never too old for neopets! Our teacher is like 55 or something and she still plays neopets! She actually send me some avvie lending things. =D

Too old for Neopets? Pfft, what a silly concept. You can't be too old for Neopets! It's just a fun site, and it's got things geared towards pretty much all ages and types of players. That's why it's lasted so long. I mean, I'm only recently 16, but I wouldn't have a problem using it when I'm 20 or older. It's fun. Saying you're too old for Neopets is like saying you're too old to have fun. :yes:

I've been playing Neopets for a while now. I'm 18. I think Neopets is for anyone who wants a clean site to play on and have fun with. I rather wish all the other little users would get as old as us already, so maybe all those ridiculous boards and neomails (OhMGg!!1! BUy my Stone PAint Brush, so rare! 100mill!!1!!) would stop. But hey, it's open to any person willing to play, or willing to scam.

Which I always thought was kind of sad, that you have to steal pixilated images of money to make yourself feel big and bad. Ho hum.

Well, I'm 25 and started playing neopets at 17. I like the games and there are so many aspects to appeal to different people at different times. I think the more you know about the site, the more there is to do and the plots especially interest me. I don't think at 17 I would have thought I would be playing it at 25 but there is nothing wrong with it, besides I enjoy it. One of the most amazing galleries I've ever seen is from a grandmother!! You never know, that might be me in 30 years...

Well, I'm 16, although I may not act like it. My neopets profile says differently. Why, you may ask? Because my mom wanted me to put a fake age, so I did. I think I'm 16 on there too....I'm not even sure! xD

hehe, how strange... all the years I've been playing neopets I've never had one person mail me and ask me why I'm playing when I'm as old as I am.. mind you back then I was around 20-22 - now I'm 30 and still love playing on there.

But then, most of my neofriends are all over 20 as well :)

I've known people much older who play, too. When the site was created, it was created by college-age people for their peers. (And after talking to Adam & Donna, I can totally see them having fun with it. They're just as much into stuff like this as the players are. I'm looking forward to their new game.) To become a thriving business, they had to widen the appeal. It still retains aspects that appeal to all ages, though.

My husband makes fun of my sometimes for being on neopets, but I don't care. It's a website I've been on since I was a kid and I enjoy it. There are a lot of things on the site that seem more directed towards older people too. I love this site and I hope to still be playing for a very long time! When I have kids, I'll get them to play too.

im 12 allmost 13 and i like neopets casmost times its fun. but i know that it was organaly created by colage student and well, relly was for adolts. i dont rember all the items or pets i was told about but i know that some were tyeps of wine such as "red wine". i never under stode whey we have a tendency to put a false limat on everything.

I am 12 but I know that you are never too old to have fun, I am sure there are many grandmothers out there, (and bored collage students ;) )but it does make you think....

OMG. I just found out my grandma plays this site. o-0 I know she's never too old, but she's almost blind, so for the safety of her eyes, I don't think she should be on the computer as much as she is.

Oh my! So many OLD players! :laughingsmiley: I've been playing for over six years and I really try not to respond with my real age on the boards so I don't get those remarks about 'You're too old, make me a sandwich!'. I'm a mom to a 24 year old daughter and I've been called creepy and other strange names for playing the site, because 'IT'S A KIDS' SITE!!' o_O Since when is having fun gotten an age limit? I'll have fun on any site that appeals to me and neopets has changed since it started..it's been made kid friendly and I still love playing the games. No one is too old to have fun.

This is random but can someone please edit the topic title of this post.. It drives me nuts when I see it!! It should be "Too Old for Neopets?", not "To". D:

I wish my grandma would play Neopets! LOL Then I could have someone to talk to about it that wasn't online. I tell my fiance and he tries to get into it but I can tell he doesn't really want to.. Haha!

I'm yet another one of those "bored college kids" playing Neopets. I'm not even one of the people that have been playing since they were young. I started my account a little less than two years ago, when I was eighteen. Now I'm twenty, and I play Neopets even more than when I was eighteen. I guess it's just a great way to relieve stress and have fun and procrastinate. :whistle:

You guys are making me feel young... I've started Neopets in 2006, when I was 10 years old. I have a friend who is a member, nearly 2 months earlier than me in joining, that I realised plays neopets when I was 11. We've been playing in our spare time ever since, but when we left school... we sort of lost contact as we went our seperate schools. Now I'm 12 and still addicted after losing contact with Neopets for about 6 months while on another site.