To old for Neopets

Cara

Yeah my grandma gets so into some of the games too.. Its cute as can be. lol. But as a kid I can remember when Super Nintendo and Regular Nintendo came out and Sega and my brother and I always thought our grandma was so cool cuz she had all the new gaming systems and would actually play them. She had subscriptions to books and articles and such on the different games (she had cheat books too of course) and it was juss awesome. And now to see her on Neopets with us is pretty cool too. lol. Shes got an Ixi for a pet and she doesnt feed it anything that she wouldnt eat in real life. If the food looks gross to her then she sells it in her shop or keeps it in her SDB. lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess. -looks doubtful- I'm not saying my grandma is old, it's just that the condition of her health is not something to be playing neopets on for like 6 hours a day.

Yeah. My grandmas health isnt doing well either.. But after her surgery, neopets seems to be the only thing keeping her from doing the lifting and such that shes not supposed to do that she tries to do.. lol. So its actually a good thing shes well I guess you could say, addicted.. LOL.

I joined when i was 13 and im nearing 22 *cries for my mispent youth*, I don't think i'm too old for neopets, but my boyfriend really doesn't get it and thinks im quite childish for liking it and going on it every day when i could be doing more serious things. Hasn't stopped me though :D

Im about the same as everyone else, I joined when I was 14 because my little sister joined and I thought it was cool. I'm 20 now and still think it's awesome. It is a bit weird though because it seems like a kids game, so people think it is a kids game, but it is for everyone, you can have stores and collect all sorts of things and play games. Really there's just so much different stuff to do that anybody would find something they enjoy.

I'm playing Keyquest heaps at the moment and I love it, but it's not that different from any other board game that all sorts of people play.

LOL I only have people asking me why I am in neopets in real life. I am 32 but I am in a guild that count me as "young". The oldest neofriend that I know is 60 yo. He makes very beautiful neohome too. My husband thinks that I am weird for playing neopets so much, little did he know it is a great place to not only play games, having immortal pets, but meeting great people. Some people that know from Neopets are absolutely the most wonderful.

I joined when i was 13 and im nearing 22 *cries for my mispent youth*, I don't think i'm too old for neopets, but my boyfriend really doesn't get it and thinks im quite childish for liking it and going on it every day when i could be doing more serious things. Hasn't stopped me though :D

Hehe, me too. His 8-year-old sister plays Neopets. x_x

I'm a 24 year old grad student. I used to enjoy playing video games, but now I don't have time to play things that can take hours on end. That's why I enjoy neopets. They have short little games that I can use to take a break from the dreaded th*s*s writing, but that won't suck hours away from me.

Well people mostly whine about my gender since they think Neopets is for girls..

Age not that much, when I made my first account in 2003 plots were really tough there's no way I could've figured them out at that age (I'm almost 18 now).

Now Neopets is turning more commercial with new owners (stupid neocash): TCG, plushies etc. attract even younger players than cute graphics before...

I don't deny if someone happens to ask "You play Neopets?" but that hardly happens..

I'm 16 myself. I've never gotten a Neomail about that (but then again, nobody on Neopets knows my age xD).

It does annoy me though that I can't tell my friends in real life that I play Neopets. Those McDonalds commercials and such make Neopets seem like a kid site, when really, it isn't.

It's just a fun hobby site. *sigh*

Every person in my guild is either late 20s early 30s plus and 2 are disabled vets that dont get out of the house much and neopets gives them something interactive to do with the outside world(so they say) my children as well play as i introuduced them to it once they were ready to start playing and keeping track of things~ I dont feel its for any age group as long as the person is having fun~

Good point. Neopets is a fun site. When there's a law saying that a certain age is too old to have fun, THEN I'll believe people can be too old for neopets. But until then... nope. Any age that enjoys it can play.

My friends don't know I play neopets. I don't really plan to tell them. I agree that the McDonalds commercials and such makes it look like a kids site, when it's really a fun site, where people interact with online friends.