neoPortal up for beta testing!

matchu

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for that last slogan:

Win. :P

I kinda like the first, but it's a bit long. If it could be shortened just a tad, I think it would be good. (Of course, it's not my decision, so we'll see what Matchu says.)

EDIT: Eck, he posted before I did, so ignore the bit in parentheses.

Actually, here's the long reason:

You'll note that I recently added a "Register" link to the login panel, since people were having trouble finding where to register. With that extra piece of real estate taken up, on smaller monitors the login form and the slogan kinda intersected. For general design purposes, that middle section simply had to be cut - for guests, anyway.

Once users are logged in, however, a lot less space is consumed up there. This makes me think it's a good place to put one-liner announcements or a news ticker or something - things that would only really apply to logged in users.

So that's the plan. But we'll see what happens ;)

Maybe, you could even add a Tarla button daily thing, and it would ring or something like that. I undestand that it would be hard to code and stuff, but if you could figure out how to link your website to the toolbar, that would be very interesting!

Maybe, you could even add a Tarla button daily thing, and it would ring or something like that. I undestand that it would be hard to code and stuff, but if you could figure out how to link your website to the toolbar, that would be very interesting!

while that's not a bad idea, it would imply that you would need to keep the neoportal up for as long as you have your browser open.

This looks great, Matchu. Just a comment I'd like to make. When I registered, after I clicked register, it popped up a bunch of what looked like debug code, saying something like 00600 or something similar. I'm using Safari, so it may just be that, but I thought I'd let you know.

This looks great, Matchu. Just a comment I'd like to make. When I registered, after I clicked register, it popped up a bunch of what looked like debug code, saying something like 00600 or something similar. I'm using Safari, so it may just be that, but I thought I'd let you know.

Aheheh. Thaaaaank you xDD

Removed.

In regards to Tarla: Yes. It is possible. And probably very easy. But sometimes tells me TNT wouldn't like it, especially since automatic Tarla alerts are the big thing pulling people in to downloading the toolbar in the first place. Circumventing that would be a bad move :X

I was pretty sure that the toolbar was available to anyone who wanted to download it. And even if you don't have premium, when people post the links in shoutboxes and whatnot (which is legal) the gift is redeemed.

The only legal way to implement the Tarla alert is to depend on users to inform us when the Tarla alert is taking place. This is a relatively minor feature, so is not being pursued right now, but may be in the future. In the meantime, if you want Tarla prizes... download the toolbar! :D

just out of curiosity... what would happen if that greeting were to be excluded from the url when accessing Tarla's warehouse page? this is something that needs to be tested.

also, matchu, to be on the safe side, you could specify that only those for whom can't install the toolbar could use the neoportal version. that is to say, you could set up browser validation and only make it show up if the useragent was matched.

I'm not gonna set that up unless TNT explicitly OKs it :x

Hmm... there's actually an add-on for Firefox 3 that duplicates the Tarla alert functionality. TNT doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but then, it's not really different from the Neopets Toolbar.

I don't think TNT really cares about the Neopets Toolbar any more though, seeing as they haven't even bothered to keep it up-to-date. :P

True that. I mean seriously? I like the add ons better. The toolbar is really annoying for me, I don't know why...