Is this wrong?

Bob_the_Bunny

I think quite a few staff members here at TDN engage in this processes, and I agree it help the pets get adopted faster,

not to mention it gives a noob a slight chance at catching a cool pet in the pound, though it will most likely go to a stalker <_<

I will be stuck zapping my own pet for a while, but once I finally get my goal color for my lab rat, I will probably zapping pound pets of my own.

Actually more likely I will zap the pound adopted pet and then once I have a cool color I can donate it to a TDN users. Which, if you have the transfers to spare,

would be the more productive way of making sure that the pets find good homes with loving users instead of sitting like a trophy on some stalker account.

What I do is...

Get a pet, with bad name stats ext.... Then I zap it so it is pretty and good stats, then I put it UFA :D

Personally I don't see anything wrong with doing this, I think it's actually very nice of you because it means that the pet now has a much greater chance of being adopted

I agree with what Cara said.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Also, try and contribute to the discussion; don't just state that you agree with someone.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I do something similar. I create a pet with a decent name, zap it until it changes color, and then I put it up for adoption. I've also adopted ones for zapping as well. It gives other people a chance to get a fancy-looking pet. I have the pets I want, so why not help others get the ones they want?

It is both right and wrong.

I personally think that it is a wonderful idea because then that way, more people would have nice pets AND it is best for the pets because they will definitely be adopted quicker and doesn't have to stay in the horrible pound.

But a lot of haters would say that you shouldn't do that because not everybody is as giving as you and if they're going to have to pay for the lab ray , they think only they should be able to have nice zapped pets. You should still do it. That is really generous of you!

I used a transmogrifying potion (that I got from a random event) on a pound animal and then gave it back. (I used it instead of selling it because I wanted the avatar). I like the pet I have and didn't want to change it, I didn't want to take care of a 2nd pet, and some lucky person out there got a 2 headed hissi. I see no downside.

No, it's not wrong. If you are feeling especially nice, you can put it back in the pound, for a lucky user!

I have done that a few times now, and I checked: all the pets were adopted.

The only down side to it is that the neat clothes they get from the zap will NOT transfer with them, like the Island or Lost Desert stuff, so the pet isn't quite as nice as with the clothes.

you can still give it to the lucky owner through a trade and I think that you are just helping those pets to get out of the pound faster, so what is wrong with doing that?

Absolutely not. It's a perfect idea, and you're a very kind person. My cousin was once looking through the pound and she found an ORANGE GRUNDO!!!!!! i was so jealous of her, I was all pouting and everything. xD