Tarla alert!

ChaoticFission

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shanemk
Neither have I but I will DEFINITELY be watching -dances-

Ok so how exactly does the neopets toolbar w/the tarla alert work? I had it for like 1 hour a while ago but I noticed it was lagging my computer, but I may put it on anyways again.

and omg I think my dragon may be dead soon. edit-nvm it hatched.

Ok so how exactly does the neopets toolbar w/the tarla alert work? I had it for like 1 hour a while ago but I noticed it was lagging my computer, but I may put it on anyways again.

and omg I think my dragon may be dead soon. edit-nvm it hatched.

The addon for firefox works. Or at least to the best of my knowledge it does. I haven't missed any that I know of yet.

But it will flash when she's back from her warehouse and has something to give you.

You have a time frame to click the alert and it will take u to her (as long as cookies keep you logged in to the browser you use it on) and you wait for the random spin and viola you have a rare item.

Most of her things are worth a decent price, especially for getting them for free!

Guest shanemk

When I tried to download the neopets toolbar to firefox it said as the message box title incompatible something and for the actual message it said that it wouldn't allow it to be downloaded because the toolbar doesn't provide secure updates...???

When I tried to download the neopets toolbar to firefox it said as the message box title incompatible something and for the actual message it said that it wouldn't allow it to be downloaded because the toolbar doesn't provide secure updates...???

Yes they only made it for up to FF 2.0

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3397

You have to use this one and manually add it. If you need specific instructions I can provide those.

yea, i got a Beware of Squid sign too, but one of the prizes is the morphing potion.

... You mean when you click the link and there's a reel of items flashing? Yeah... Uh... Those items are just... there. Nobody gets them. Everyone gets the Squid Sign, no exceptions. Unless you get to the Drop Prizes anyways...

yea, i got a Beware of Squid sign too, but one of the prizes is the morphing potion.

I got that as well but why can you get two items? Isn't one account can only get 1 item per day?

Drop Prizes? i'm confused. i thought that everyone got a random item from the preset items. what's the point of having it seem random if everyone gets the same thing? and what of deflation?

The "reel" is merely to add to suspense, I guess. To keep you guessing if you don't know the prize in the first place? And... that's the point. Massive Deflation. "Drop Prizes" are prizes gained after the time for getting the "Main Prize" (in this case, the Squid Sign) has expired. Then, for a short time, Drop Prizes can be gained. These prizes, unlike, the Main Prizes are, in fact, not set (to a degree, I don't think you'll be getting PBs and Morphing Potions from them). It used to be that after clicking Alert button, there was a message that there were Drop Prizes if you missed the main prize. However, for some reason, that message no longer exists and is now a guessing game to see if you were fast enough of not.

I got that as well but why can you get two items? Isn't one account can only get 1 item per day?

You can't. 1 per day.

Am I in the right place?

Tarla is at the prize warehouse right now. She'll send you a message on your Toolbar when she gets back.

She's been at the warehouse for hours now :P.

The light was flashing on mine too, but nothing :(. The end of the URL always says some kind of item but she's always in the warehouse.

The Toolbar flashes when Tarla gives out something, whether you're here or not. Even if you missed it, it'll still flash, but it won't give you a prize. For instance, say there was an Alert on 6 AM NST. You didn't use your computer (and therefore, internet browser) until 9 AM NST. When you get on, the Alert will flash due to the 6 AM Alert, but if you click the link, it won't give you a prize. On the same note, say it flashed at 8:30 AM, and you're on, but you don't notice it. It will continue flashing until you press it. But if you press it too late, you get nothing. Tarla is on for a short time, a few times during the days she'll give out stuff. You need to be on at the right time to get the prize. The period between actual Alerts can be hours.

As for the Item in the URL, disregard that. As far as I can tell, the Item name has nothing to do with the prize.

Yes they only made it for up to FF 2.0

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3397

You have to use this one and manually add it. If you need specific instructions I can provide those.

I followed two different guides to get the toolbar to load onto FF and nothing worked. Now I'm being prompted to download FF 3.something, does anyone know if it will work with that (that way i don't download it and mess everything up more!)

Guest shanemk
i am currently on FF3, and i'm using the above-mentioned plugin with no problem.

what guides are you following? if you're using FF2, the regular neopets toolbar should be working for you.

I downloaded the add-on simplygothic gave me, enabled it, but same old message. I remember the firefox site said something about to install the toolbar BEFORE the addon but how am I supposed to do that if it won't let me install the toolbar is the first place. So yea, help. Btw firefox is currently reading that its version 3.0.6

no no no. uninstall the toolbar. if you have a version of the toolbar, that addon will piggyback on it. that's how it was designed.

if the toolbar doesn't work, DON'T INSTALL IT. what you should do is uninstall the toolbar and addon, then re-add just the addon.

Guest shanemk
For all those who want a Moehog, or some extra cash, Tarla is giving out a Brown Moehog Morphing Potion. go go go!

:)

Ah ok, did that. So I installed it and a little orange thing popped up at the bottom of my FF browser saying there was a tarla alert (late alert i guess cause tarla wasnt giving out anything). So pretty much when I see/hear the orange scroll, I just have to go to tarla's shop and I will get the item, yes?