Wow they really did abandon it!

Guest shanemk

Guest shanemk

http://www.neopets.com/games/arcade_more.phtml?world_id_g=20

Go to link above (probably will have to be signed in to neopets)

They seriously really did 100% ABANDON Lutari Island. Its obvious people on here don't really care but I do, I really honestly do. I fully believe if they would take the initiative to get Lutari Island back on its feet that it would become way more popular! Its such a SHAME!!!

I'm sure eventually Lutari Island will be thriving! These things take time, and lots of it. There are lots of people who are big Lutari fans such as yourself. There are so many things to deal with on Neopets though that it's amazing they get as much done as they do. Just be patient, lots of worlds have taken quite some time to get going. I believe if they weren't going somewhere with Lutari Island they wouldn't have put it up in the first place :].

Guest shanemk
I'm sure eventually Lutari Island will be thriving! These things take time, and lots of it. There are lots of people who are big Lutari fans such as yourself. There are so many things to deal with on Neopets though that it's amazing they get as much done as they do. Just be patient, lots of worlds have taken quite some time to get going. I believe if they weren't going somewhere with Lutari Island they wouldn't have put it up in the first place :].

I really hope so :( I am stalling on getting a new phone just because I don't want to give up Lutari Island.

*nods in agreement*

I with you on this they have staled about this for long enough, either they are making it or they aren't...

Still it's like Amitybelle said, there is a lot going on with Neopets, and new anything means a million little changes and additions.

We just have to cross our fingers and hope it is sooner rather than later. Remember how long they were promising wearable clothes?

I've been trying to get the mobile NeoPets feature on my phone off and on for months now, and each time I clicked on my carrier I just got a 404 message. If that's been happening to many folks, it could well be why Lurari got abandoned-- nobody was able to get in!

Well, it makes sense for Lutari Island to not have games on the main website, since it's only supposed to be available on your cell phone. That said, TNT did abandon Lutari Island some time ago. Recently, it's just the marketing guys that keep it going, signing new contracts with the cell phone companies. There's not much need to actively develop Lutari Island further. I think what TNT should do is make an online version of Lutari Island, and have it be a demo of what you can get when you play the mobile game. (They should also develop it for the iPhone.)

I think it'd be great if Lutari Island was opened to NeoPets in general. They'd get a lot more attention that way, whether they opened it partially as Strategos suggested, or allowed full access from the website. Then maybe the whole island wouldn't die!?!?

I kinda wish Lutari Island was open to everyone as well. It bugged me that it was reserved for Neopets Mobile. My dearest mum doesn't approve of Neopets (I have no idea why; she just doesn't), so I can't get Neopets Mobile, or she'd know I was into Neopets again. If Lutari Island is going to exist at all, I'd like it if I could access it as well from the computer. But maybe that's just me.

~ Livvy

If Lutari Island is going to exist at all, I'd like it if I could access it as well from the computer. But maybe that's just me.

~ Livvy

I so agree with you, Livvy... if nothing else to save me the ghastly bills I'd get if I had access to NeoPets on my cell phone. I'd never have any battery when I actually needed to call someone!

Guest shanemk
Yeah, i know its a bad move to some extent XD But maybe its time to make lutari island avaible for everyhon :/

to get it alive again ya know?

...uh no. If all of the people who have it had to pay for it, everyone else should too lol. I'm just waiting for April 19th (Lutari Day) and maybe some flashy things will be appearing. I honestly think if they were gonna cancel paying for it they would just make up some story about "Lutari Island, being a mysterious floating island, has traveled into the unknown parts of neopia and will never be seen again," and close it down.

To *Danielle* you can only make them with neopets mobile, but I believe on Lutari Day (april 19th) you can create one on the site.

I kinda wish Lutari Island was open to everyone as well. It bugged me that it was reserved for Neopets Mobile. My dearest mum doesn't approve of Neopets (I have no idea why; she just doesn't), so I can't get Neopets Mobile, or she'd know I was into Neopets again. If Lutari Island is going to exist at all, I'd like it if I could access it as well from the computer. But maybe that's just me.

~ Livvy

I've never truly agreed with turning a children game into a part of the monopoly, so I agree with you here. Even if Lutari was available on the computer, they could reserve all the really fun features for the mobile users. I also don't see the point of them giving me a Lutari talisman if I can't actually get beads on it :/ But in all, wasn't Lutari just like another Mystery Island? I was under the impression that each place was suppose to have a different theme going on... However, Altador and Meridell are quite similar.

I've thought that too, that Altador and Meridell are similar. But Altador is more Greek/Roman and Meridell is quite English/Medieval. Can't you put beads on the talisman? I've seen them on the TP, little bead things, don't those go on it?

Can't you put beads on the talisman? I've seen them on the TP, little bead things, don't those go on it?

Probably you can... but folks hawking them on the TP always demand such exhorbitant amounts that I never even tried to find out.

Guest shanemk
Me too, especially if you can't remove them. Dunno if you can or not but it doesn't interest me either way! I just wish it didn't snow up on my profile.

Yea you put them on your talisman, and I'm pretty sure once its on there its on for good. I think they put the talisman up there as a sort of reminder like "...c'mon get neopets mobile..."

Yes I read the rules and yada yada yada... It says that there are I dunno how many beads and how many colours of each bead but Once they are in no way out....and when some people complete there set of beads they put them on sale for RIDICULOUS prices. They say that some of the uses are that it helps in REs and such.

Guest shanemk
Yes I read the rules and yada yada yada... It says that there are I dunno how many beads and how many colours of each bead but Once they are in no way out....and when some people complete there set of beads they put them on sale for RIDICULOUS prices. They say that some of the uses are that it helps in REs and such.

The prices aren't that ridiculous seeing how the are so rare and they do give increased things. I know my one ubatu red bead or w/e the name is (the names are wierd) I have gotten more RE's. Such as - 3 codestones, petpet lab map piece, secret lab map piece, and a spooky treasure map piece, along with all the 'lesser' RE's that either don't do anything or they are like "You found 20 NP on the floor." And that's only w/one!