Service Announcement: TDN Downtime

Ian

Hello everybody,

You may have noticed that we've recently had some downtime. We're currently trying to isolate the cause of this. If you ever try to visit TDN and it's down (or takes FOREVER to load), rest assured -- we'll be back online shortly! We will let you know when these problems have been 100% resolved.

ruki_baby_cry.gif

Wahhhh... but I am glad they'll always be here!

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Gah! I was wondering why it was being slow! This happened to the actual Neopets site a few minutes ago (for me, anyway) and TDN was fine. Then it was the other way around! Took about 3 minutes or so to get on both at once. I thought it was my internet connection for a few seconds, in that time checking it. It seemed to be okay. With the "cannot display the webpage" reasons were:

You Internet isn't connected properly

The site is encountering problems*

I forgot the third reason. But at least I can get on TDN now.

* = the reason, from what I've realised after reading this topic.

Oh, I am glad it's being sorted out. I think that caused me to get the Down for Maintenance Pteri challenger. Or maybe it was the actual Neopets site not loading. Who knows?

I have an absurd idea of what happened... the DFM Pteri got one of us fellow TDN members (not me, I got it after the short hassle), and then it went through to TDN and managed to successfully close it. But the system battled it and got the site back... or is getting it back... let's all fight the DFM Pteri!

I have an absurd idea of what happened... the DFM Pteri got one of us fellow TDN members (not me, I got it after the short hassle), and then it went through to TDN and managed to successfully close it. But the system battled it and got the site back... or is getting it back... let's all fight the DFM Pteri!

Oh dear. DFM must have kidnapped Jerry and is holding him hostage. :P

As a web administrator, I know personally downtime sucks. Sorry. It's not my fault, actually. :(

Strategos, I think that Ian should consider that idea for a new TDN plot! Anyway, I'm glad to be back on the forums. And Neopets too... I am going to attack that DFM Pteri repeatedly to take out my anger on it...

Something has happened!

You are now eligible to use the 'Downtime Pwned Neopets' avatar on the Neoboards!

LOL! I wish that existed. Then it could make me happier for getting a new avatar, even though I'm annoyed at the downtime.

Uh........UHN you have to consider the amount of work it takes to prepare such big events on TDN.

But we're all waiting to TNT to launch a new plot, absolutely! I guess I should think the same for them.

Anyway, back on topic, that downtime has been happening around midnight NST right? Cause that's what happened to me 2 or 3 times.