Neopets Toolbar

ChaoticFission

hey guys. so i'm using this unofficial addon (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3397), and i am getting a bit annoyed with the fact that i have to have 2 clicks before actually going to tarla. i already know that there's an alert, why do i need to see the news feed?

now, to the point. i've looked through the plugin code and found the place where to change the popup to a direct link. my question: will i get banned for direct linking to tarla (since all references to that page should be from that newsfeed page)? what is the risk?

if there is a risk of getting banned from direct access, then alot of people on the neoboads that notify others when tarla is on are doing a disservice to users. i guess it also depends on how often you do it.

ps: i was also thinking to add some logic to the plugin to only alert if the button had not already been clicked today. it's not like tarla ever gives out more than one present, so why bother with additional alerts?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

TNT wont help because it's not their release of the addon.

I have never had a problem with my tarla bar, and they have updated recently so you might just try an uninstall and re-install of it.

A direct link I don't think will cause you to have any repercussions since that is essentially what the addon does for you.

I have never had a problem with my tarla bar, and they have updated recently so you might just try an uninstall and re-install of it.

A direct link I don't think will cause you to have any repercussions since that is essentially what the addon does for you.

Your reply was so much more helpful, LOL, I just deleted mine. I was babbling anyway cause I'm tired.

I totally misunderstood what you were talking about Chaotic Fission, sorry for not carefully reading before replying.

Your reply was so much more helpful, LOL, I just deleted mine. I was babbling anyway cause I'm tired.

I totally misunderstood what you were talking about Chaotic Fission, sorry for not carefully reading before replying.

lol it's fine hun, I try to keep it simple as possible because custom toolbars can be confusing as heck to begin with.

TNT wont help because it's not their release of the addon.

i know TNT won't help me. to be honest, i don't really need help from TNT.... i can write my own addon if necessary :)

hmm.. which bar are you talking about? the official neopets bar? i thought that it doesn't work for FF2.

if that's the case, then i will do it. but i am not 100% certain. TNT LOVES to track page referrers. it's how 90% of the site operates.

Thanks for the tip! Installed the add-on today. However, I only get alerts. No links and no buttons. I guess I have to go to Tarla manually, so my question is... What's the link to the Tarla News-feed? :rolleyes_anim:

actually, if you right click on the toolbar and go to customize, you will notice that you can add the buttons individually to any toolbar. i have the ALERT and NMAIL buttons (i find the others useless).

also, to anyone who has the real toolbar installed: do you get an alert for ANY event that happens, such as a neofriend request or trading post offer? as far as i know, this addon only notifies of new neomail / email / news.

actually, if you right click on the toolbar and go to customize, you will notice that you can add the buttons individually to any toolbar. i have the ALERT and NMAIL buttons (i find the others useless).

Oh, that's how it works! Thanks. And yes, I agree with you. It's very annoying that the alert won't shut up after you've collected the prize. That should indeed be fixed.

Update: Correct that! The alerts kept coming, so I disabled the add-on. Just annoying to get that alertmessage over and over and over again.

that's exactly what i'm saying. i'm also trying to figure out if there's a feed for notifications (not just neomails / emails).

feh! fine, i'll go install the stupid thing. not like i can test it on my firefox 3 though. at least i'll be able to look at the plugin source code...