Oh gods NOT AGAIN!!!

naalaro

I have almost had it! Once upon a time, restockers like me used to have...a bottom line one could call it, a bottom line of prices we could always rely on, a bread and butter price tag to a select few items-particularly, stamps. Im very fond of stamps, i like restocking there. The monster known as keyquest seems to like that place to.

My stashes are ruined again! After that whole fiasco last year where i lost over 200 thousand after keyquest showed up, i on whim decided to check on some of my other stamp stashes, two of which are a Christmas uni, and Christmas kougra stamp cash of 40 pieces each. I normally hold them and sell them near Christmas. However i was largely unavailable last Christmas due to personal matters.

So im supposing keyquest decided to release Christmas stamps during some promotion or something like that while i was gone?? My whole stock is ruined!! Whats next? Perhaps they're going to have a promotion for every major holiday and ruin the prices of said themed items?! Now i understand the whole: but keyquests make stamps affordable argument, and im not amused. The Christmas kougra ans uni stamps were only below 6000, in the current atmosphere it is very affordable, why ruin them when normal restockers like me need those select few pieces to make a profit. They've already ruined the altador pet themed stamps, some of the shenkuu stamps plus others (bad memories), all which were essential profit making stamps. I dont care about unbuyables, im talking essential stamps restockers could make money at. But wait! Keyquest decides that it is 'economically viable' to reduce their prices to ghastly levels for the sake of...im not sure for what actually...so newbies could have a good start at stamp collecting??

now lets see...i guess thats close to another 250 thousand lost. Thanks a lot keyquest.

I can sympathize. keyquest is the bane of all restockers and hoarders out there :(

on the other hand, i'm willing to bet TNT is going to switch out prizes every few months or so (I havent seen some of the KQ prizes from november in a while), which means key quest also gives a great chance for people to hoard cheap items for tremendous profit margins later on. that's what I'm counting on.

I can sympathize. keyquest is the bane of all restockers and hoarders out there :(

on the other hand, i'm willing to bet TNT is going to switch out prizes every few months or so (I havent seen some of the KQ prizes from november in a while), which means key quest also gives a great chance for people to hoard cheap items for tremendous profit margins later on. that's what I'm counting on.

Which is what I've recently done. :)

The Halloween books were around 100 NP last time I check shortly after the prizes were no longer available. Now, they're around 1K. o_O

Which is what I've recently done. :)

The Halloween books were around 100 NP last time I check shortly after the prizes were no longer available. Now, they're around 1K. o_O

Yeah true...there are some items like the books which can be stocked as they can be used up...but items like stamps, not really i think..perhaps i shall just wait and see.

There will come a time where the 'christmas theme' in keyquest no longer runs at which stage the prices will [slowly] rise again. I actually took serious advantage of it when the halloween period ended. Chocolate covered peanuts sold for quite a few k until they appeared in keyquest. I bought loads of stock of them when the prices had dropped to a meagre 200-300np each and kept them in my deposit box. A month later I sold them all for 2.5k each. (and I could have actually waited a lot longer if patience was one of my virtues).

I did the same with all the spooky items that appeared on keyquest.

Of course stamps are somewhat different but hopefully something similar will happen.

Don't forget that the toybox does the same thing with stamps. When I came back on last fall I saw stamps selling for 'pennies' ie less than 50 NP and I was like WHoah!? What the heck happened here?" So I grabbed a few of each figuring they won't get any LOWER so no harm no foul if I hold them for a few months.

I can't play keyquest either (old computer, dial up connection) wish I could.... really really wish I could.