Lutari Island

Guest shanemk

Guest shanemk

This is a neopets topic I hold dear, because (even though I am soon to be taking a little break from neopets) when I got Neopets Mobile, I instantly became attached to it and the Lutari's. They are very cute, and very independent. They are the only neopet species I know of that refuses to be put up for adoption (I know that is probably just a safe-gaurd by TNT to make getting lutari mobile more attractive, but still). And lately I have changed my views on neopets, I am kind of starting to take it more as a role-play. I have been setting up plans for later to get my Lutari stronger and have him represent lutari island in any upcoming battles or possibly (possibly!) any altador plots in the making. The point of this topic is this--It seems like TNT took Lutari Island, had hopes for it, then just dropped it in the sink hole! They are just leaving it 'as is' it seems like. I mean you have a whole new WORLD on lutari island and they can't even let users use the lutari paint brush? Not even let at least only lutari's use it? I mean that IS their native-land's color, if Tyrannia has their paint brush and Maraqua has theirs usable...why not lutari islands?! The lutari weapons, to be frank, seem to suck. There are hardly any paint brushes for the lutari, neopets mobile itself is lacking, although it does have a few nice perks, I will admit. But neopets mobile has only 2 games, one of which is useless for np (blockstravaganza or whatever), when you deposit something in neopets mobile, then log off and come back later....it is back in your inventory, you cannot check neomail, cannot manage your shop, Briana the air faerie seems way to greedy in not giving quests (i mean seriously how long do you expect me to lag around the island with nothing to do, just give me a quest already!). It just seems like the Lutari Island could be way better. I honestly wouldn't care if they bumped the monthly price up to 3.99 a month if they actually let me feel like I could be away from my computer and manage my account nicely. Does anyone else feel that the Lutari's, Lutari Island, and Neopets Mobile needs more attention from TNT?

If they improved lutari island it really imbalances the game for everyone who has no access to neopets mobile. basically neopets mobile meant only US players could have access to lutari island because verizon and T-mobile aren't really that big anywhere else.

If they were to improve lutari island, then I say get rid of all these tacky incentives TNT has put in to bait people to get neopets mobile (free bottled faeries? selective money tree? shops whose restocks can be controlled by players? sounds sweet to me if it werent for the fact that only a select few users get any chance toa ccess it.)

Guest shanemk
If they improved lutari island it really imbalances the game for everyone who has no access to neopets mobile. basically neopets mobile meant only US players could have access to lutari island because verizon and T-mobile aren't really that big anywhere else.

If they were to improve lutari island, then I say get rid of all these tacky incentives TNT has put in to bait people to get neopets mobile (free bottled faeries? selective money tree? shops whose restocks can be controlled by players? sounds sweet to me if it werent for the fact that only a select few users get any chance toa ccess it.)

Um....so what about neopets premium, not everyone has the money to pay for that. And actually neopets mobile is now available in australia, the uk, and other countries. At&t has neopets mobile which may be why it spread so much, since at&t is a GSM network instead of a CDMA, meaning it has a larger global service. Um and the free bottled faeries are awsome, but there are limits, you can only get a free item from the Bog of Charity once an hour, and i think there is a limit of 10x per day.

Neopets premium is available globally and without any restrictions on your life. By that i mean that if you want a neopets premium, you dont exclusively have to sign a contract with... say telus or rogers for your internet. on the other hand, for neopets mobile, you're basically restricted to whatever providers neopets have an agreement with. This makes neopets mobile significantly less accessible, especially considering that people wouldn't switch providers just to be able to access neopets mobile. if and when neopets mobile become available with all major providers, then by all means buff it up. I just don't agree with constantly rewarding players for paying. I agree that there should be an incentive for paying to play, but giving paid players exclusive access to a significant portion of the gameworld (and conseuqently all the items that restock at said world) is pretty much sending out a message to all the other players: "pay or quit."

10x bottled faeries is 30k a day. that's what I make a day from games. that's a SIGNIFICANT amount of money I'd say.

I personally understand why the Lutari can't be traded. Like you said, but it can be given up for adoption so that just doesn't make since.

"We don't mind them going into circulation we just refused to let you pick who it goes to," which means they end up going to pound stalking cheaters.

I agree there need to be some serious changes to the way they handle the island and the pets. And to mention the paint brush and then not release it is just stupid. They may as well just get rid of it for all the good it is doing anyone. TNT really dropped the ball on this whole thing. And I agree with Shanemk there is no difference between Neopets premium and this Neopets mobile thing. Except that premium is global, but if they just opened it up to one new carrier it would be global...and then boom we have a new island, pet, and paint brush that don't suck and aren't just a waste of everyone's time. There is a friend of mine who doesn't play anymore and has a Lutari just rotting away on her account because she can't give it up and she doesn't want Joe-shmoe pound stalker to get it.

Guest shanemk

Well, imnotgeorge....I honestly have to commend you for having the patience to get 30k a day from playing games. And besides...I honestly do not get my full 10 bottled faeries a day...its too much work to remember to log on every hour and collect. But still, I honestly do not see why players who pay for parts of the site shouldnt get bonuses, I am not saying "give lutari mobile people more freebies and higher advantages," I am saying add on to what you got and make it something good and a real neopian experience. I mean, not to sound high and mighty, I realize its only $3 per month, but I am still helping keep this site free by paying for neopets mobile. And thanks futureTXGovernor, and thats a big BIG shame about your friends Lutari.