Lemon Countdown (this is not the original title I will send)

Guest HBK

Please rate my article! I'm going to submit it in the Times now, so please don't steal.

"From the shores of Mystery Island to the farmer's town of Meridell, passing through underwater Maraqua, all these wonderful places have something in common - lemon! The Meepits of Haunted Woods use them in their diabolical squeeze-your-eyes plots, Krawk Island even has it's pirate lemonade-a-day games, why Bonju too makes a speciality in this art of lemon squeeze and kidnap (bet you didn't know that, eh? xD)!

Wait a minute...lemon?!! How can lemon be so popular? Oh, come on, everyone knows that lemons are a necessity of who wants to maintain a diet! You can't go without a Lemon a day! The taste, the sourness, they combine to result in an epic experience. Lemon! Just it's name awakens and revitalizes you! And as the old saying says: "A Lemon a day keeps the Meepits away!" *evil cackle*

So I now will, for you - the non-lemo reader, and your sourness - present the countdown of the top ten LEMON! delicatessies in Neopia. Because how else would you ever get a good night sleep without Lemon dreams?

NUMBER TEN: Lemon

It may not seem much, but the lemon is the base for our countdown. It may seems harmless, but beware - use with caution, as if it hits the eyes it will provoke an immense pain, especially on Meepits (another hint xD)! - it's filled with action-packed juice beyond imagination. Great for rush-hour breakfasts for your pets, but they really don't go too well alone. Nice, but only as a starter for longer, royal meals.

NUMBER NINE: Lemon Meringue Baby Food

Now here's a great dessert for your new-born pets! It's lemon. But...it's in a jar. How strange. And meringue! Yummy. You can eat it. Or you could decide to eat the label, too...the paper would be kinda soft. But hey - it would taste like lemon! You could even eat the jar, but then I wouldn't be responsible for any kind of lemon anormalies in your body. I'm not a lemon doctor...but it's still tastes like lemon, though.

NUMBER EIGHT: Lemon Slushie

From baby-pampering food we move up (or down) into Happy Valley, where we encounter another lemon item! Lemon slushies couldn't be better on a hot summers day...or a cold day, a chilly fall day, a spring day, a windy day, a calm day, a boring day, an exciting day, a lemon day, a school day, a lemon day, a holi-day, a super-lemon day...as you see, everyday is great for lemon! Lemon slushies make you taste the bitter cold with a speck of lemon soothness. And they're freezing cold! Lem-o-chilly! They just beg to be drunk (or ate?) in one whole swallow, so go ahead and do it today! It's so chilly...brrr!

NUMBER SEVEN: Lemon Jelly

A total feast. After refreshing yourself with Lemon slushie, it's time to soothe your throat with some jelly. It looks like simple jelly, but...it's lemon jelly! And whatever contains lemon, is...COOL! You name it. Anything. It also can duplicate as a really cool hair-gel. And makes a really awesome peanut-butter and lemon jelly sandwich with a jelly drink. Just make sure it's lemon. And the good stuff, don't make the Meepits sell you bad lemons!

NUMBER SIX: Lemon Gummy Sword

Great weapon for the battledome! Yep, what better than to frighten your opponent loaded with Super Attack Peas then with a Lemon Sword? It would totally own them. Emerging victorious with this weapon means brightning the name of lemon. It would go in lemon history forever. If you lose....well, instead of blaming yourself, just eat it. Yummy. What do you mean, it's only a toy?! Pah...

NUMBER FIVE: Lemon Neodrops

The combining of certain lemonized ingredientes to form these Neodrops have been so extensely studied over centuries that the result forms simply the best candy in Neopia. Ever. The Chocolate Factory should be proud as it is one of it's best-sellers. The succulent flavour contained in each of these lemon drops is beyond imagination. Nearly like magic. Plus, it sticks to the top of your mouth, providing an excellent refresher all day long.

NUMBER FOUR: Lemon Coral Chair

Heaven for your body and mind. This chair combines royal seating with lemon aroma to keep your room always freshened with lovely lemon perfume while you read the latest issue of the Neopian Times. Tell me, is there anything better than this? Also, licking it occasionally never hurt anyone...in fact, the lemon taste comes right through. Kinda.

NUMBER THREE: Lemon Faerie Bubble

It's a bubble....but lemon-flavoured! Cool. And it's also blessed by the Lemon Faerie, so that's really awesome! When you can't pass the last level of Meepit vs. Feepit or just on a normal Neopian day, eat this and it will give you good luck all day long. Wonderful. It may burst before the charm works, but they don't give any refunds, sorry.

NUMBER TWO: Lemon Bubble Pizza

Here comes another lemon wonder from Faerieland. But this time...it's a pizza! Packed with the most tasty flavour ever, this pizza promises. And lookie - it provides bubbles too! Now what better could you wish for on a nice Saturday evening? Fab-ul-ous.

And I will now present the best, the most cativating item in the whole of Neopia, the lemon king....

I WILL NOT POST THE NUMBER ONE BEST ITEM DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES. Sorry.

So, I hope I have educated you on the best lemon items out there. Ready to spend some NP's on your dream foods? Great, but um...what are you still doing here?! You should be already spending your money on lemon!. Now go, spread the wisdom throughout the lands - and I bet you this is something that even King Hagan doesn't know, and if you're lucky, he might even give you the long awaited avatar. Remember: LEMON is the greatest, don't you forget!"

It's pretty hard to get into the NT actually. I have written a few good articles myself and they've been turned down. You might want to run it through a spell checker (http://www.spellcheck.net) just to be safe as well.

It's good enough to submit! So... go ahead and submit it. 6.9/10

It's quirky and interesting, so it's nice.

I've never personally submitted anything for the Times, but I have a good eye for what gets in and what doesn't.

I'll get round to doing a submission eventually ;)

I rate it 8 dancing chickens /10.

I love lemons!!! 7.5/10!!!!!!!

I got into the neopian times once, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It was very hard...

Dear HBK,

Your Neopian Times submission (A Lem-o-Squeezy Countdown) was rejected because we had too many good entries in this category this week and there was not enough room for them all. Please try again next week.

Yours Sincerely,

The Neopets Team

Now you're telling me? Lol, I knew that on Saturday...and it's not for this week because I didn't re-submit.

Well, at least they didn't say it wasn't original. I will try again this week! If you get this message, btw, it means TNT likes it, but to re-submit until you enter because there are better than yours in that category.

Never give up, though.

Guest D Generation X
You're welcome. By the way, you accidently told us the real name of the submission.

So I did. But even if someone steals here, they can't match the exact words of the first lemon item.