WAHAHAHA!

jun

So, my school is all backwards. Very strict and boring

There thing is, if you are late for school 3 times, you have 3 hour Saturday school, from about 7:20~10:20

Late 4 times (counting the earlier 3) You have 2 more Saturday Schools

5, Then your kicked out for a week...

about 6 or 7 is a big issue where its like court issues

Anyways, let me point out, i am a senior, so i have half a year of this nonsense then i am gone. I already have 3 absences and gotten a Saturday school (This Saturday actually) But i was called down today because of my 4th absence. I was supposed to get another two saturday schools, Yet, somehow, i weaseled my way out of it.. XD How lucky am I?

Well, i was luckyer last year i had.. count them.. 20 Unexcused Tardys last year.. yet NO Saturday school, Nor any warnings!

Wow when I was in school you had 8 unexcused tardies before you got in trouble. But then again the school system lacked on discipline and academics. It was not till my senior year that they disallowed knives at school.

This may seem really dumb but...what's a tardy?

This may seem really dumb but...what's a tardy?

Tardy pretty much means that they were late enough that they weren't there from the start of class but early enough that it doesn't count as an absence. I'm pretty sure my school had like a 20 minute time frame before it was considered an absence even if you sat through the rest of the class.

Wow, that is really strict! Makes me almost appreciate my school. xD

Basically, if you're over fourty-five minutes late (half the period/class) then you're marked as late, which there is rarely any consequence for.

It mainly depends on the teacher, and I have only come across one or two that serve punishment for being late.

As for being absent, I spent nearly 92% of the time being absent last year, and although I was basically attacked by the school board I managed to avoid expulsion.

I don't think I could imagine having to constantly be punctual. :P

That's sounds like something that would have happened to me in HS. I find that if your well behaved, and get in good with people

like the office staff, the custodians and the certain key teachers, then you can pretty much find an excuse to whatever you want.

Like I had a dance class I didn't like, so I got my theatre teacher to right me a note pretty much every day saying there as a lot of work to be done in the theatre department and if the dance teacher didn't need me could I go help out. And of course the dance department didn't mind me being gone cause I did the lights and the sound for all of their dance concerts for free because all I wanted was the ITS points that it got me...in hind site I should have charged, LOL.

That's sounds like something that would have happened to me in HS. I find that if your well behaved, and get in good with people

like the office staff, the custodians and the certain key teachers, then you can pretty much find an excuse to whatever you want.

Like I had a dance class I didn't like, so I got my theatre teacher to right me a note pretty much every day saying there as a lot of work to be done in the theatre department and if the dance teacher didn't need me could I go help out. And of course the dance department didn't mind me being gone cause I did the lights and the sound for all of their dance concerts for free because all I wanted was the ITS points that it got me...in hind site I should have charged, LOL.

haha that sounds like something I did when I was a chem TA. grading papers, mixing chemicals but I could also come and go if I wanted to or use whatever I needed to in the lab.. ahh HS.. fun times

*sigh* So lucky... I have to go stare at a computer screen for hours on end this Saturday because I was sick one too many times in a block class (two periods per day for half a semester, so only 5 absences allowed instead of 10.) They're all excused too! It's so stupid... And if I don't go make it up, (which will cost about $30 per day I missed) then I fail the class for absences. I have a 100 in the class! What sense does that make?? I hate how impersonal the schools are... *tear runs down cheek; attempts to hide the fact that she's crying*

~ Livvy

• 1 month later...

That is kind of strict - at my school, if you are late, you go to the Student Administrative Office and explain to them, give them a note, or otherwise get them to believe you. If they do, they stamp your diary and sign it for you to show your teacher. If you have an unreasonable excuse then you get a detention and a yellow slip I think...two yellow slips equal a detention. And they record it on the school system and everything so you can't just throw the slip away XD. It might also have something to with how late you are, my friend got detention but not a yellow slip.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.

In my school if you were late you simply went in the classroom say sorry to the teacher because you were late and went to your seat.:D No Saturday school ,the only problem would be if you make 10 absence they will take from the behavior mark 1 point.

IN my school if you are evr late no matter how many times nothing happens, it is just like anisoara said, you just say sorry to the teacher and done. *loves school*

Aww, I was thinking you got out of jury duty. Too young for that I suppose! Well congrats I guess? :P When I was a senior I had a baby so I was emancipated which meant I could sign myself out or call myself in whenever I wanted to. Mwuahaha!