Transferring NP between accounts

Chagrin

I was thinking about getting the Soup Faerie avatar, but obviously I have too many NP for it; I looked up the multiple accounts guide, and the notation about transferring NP between accounts gave me pause.

Is it a risk that you'll lose your NP, or a risk that you'll be frozen? The guide doesn't specify; it says it's "okay", but the warning comes right afterward and makes it sound a bit murky. I don't mind risking the NP so much, but I'm wary of running afoul of TNT's rules.

This is actually a very good question. I've debated on doing this before (but having my hubby help me) by putting some items in our shop for an outrageous amount to move the NP. I do want this avatar, but they aren't really specific enough to let you know what cases of doing this are okay and which aren't.

I'm slowly figuring out I'm one of the few that doesn't have a side account O.o

This is actually a very good question. I've debated on doing this before (but having my hubby help me) by putting some items in our shop for an outrageous amount to move the NP. I do want this avatar, but they aren't really specific enough to let you know what cases of doing this are okay and which aren't.

I'm slowly figuring out I'm one of the few that doesn't have a side account O.o

You could always have your hubby log in from a different IP address, buy stuff from you and you can get the avatar....then repeat the process...that way you technically arent cheating!

Yeah...just so you know, it's against the rules to have a shop on a side account.

And I'm assuming "hubby" is "buddy", and it's not a good idea to transfer your neopoints to another person no matter how much you trust them.

What you can do is create a trade on your side account, and then offer all of you neopoints onto it while you're on your main, and then accept the trade on your side. I've done this a couple times, and I've never gotten in trouble.

I have also used the trade method to transfer points to side accounts to upgrade my galleries on those accounts myself and never had one bit of trouble. Though on those I usually list in the description that this trade is for transfering neopoints to upgrade gallery in case to be sure, because they say on the rules you are allowed to have galleries on side accounts.

lol yes Hubby means Husband and I would HOPE of all the people I keep close I could trust him with my neopoints. If not we have bigger issues lol

From what I can tell as long as the ip's remain different it's not too big of an issue.

This is not against the rules. At least, I'm 95% sure. Neopets T&C state that making neopoints on multiple accounts is prohibited, but if all you are doing is making NP on one account and transferring in temporarily to another account (without the gain of NP) it is fine.

What I've done is create a trade on the TP with a side account and offer NP on your main. This way you can reject your offer once you want your NP back. If you have more than 800K you'll need to make multiple trades or use the auctions.

Hmm, I feel like this has been answered already, and the matter is solved. From my memory with chatting up with Fuzio one night, i do think i remember hearing that it is technically frowned upon to trade stuff between multiple accounts, but besides that.

If you want a simple trick, Take all your NP out, and bring them to the Trading post, Offer on a lot that is something MUCH more then your points (Like a Draik egg, a Pink Paint Brush, ect) and then have at it with the soup faerie. Your points will either be rejected at some times (Usually after you had fun with the faerie) or, in my case, I usually retrieve my offer and put my points back before the seller realizes it. But i do not recommend this to be honest, as it has a case where the offerer will accept, (But that is not to bad) or they close the lot and you lose your points, But i never had this happen to me, and to be frank, i know i shouldn't do that.. But w/e...

I have done that as well, but usually with someone I know personally, like a friend with a pirate PB, so I trust him not to accept (He would be ripped off severely if he did), and I get my NP back after I've done what I need to.

By the way, directed at jun, what do you mean by "they close the lot and you lose your points"? If they close the lot, you should get your NPs back. I think. Or you could just burn off all the NP of someone you dislike (provided he offers on your lot).

By the way, directed at jun, what do you mean by "they close the lot and you lose your points"? If they close the lot, you should get your NPs back. I think.

There's actually a glitch that was supposedly fixed but still occurs sometime when NPs offered in the TP might be lost.

I actually never thought about offering on an overpriced item. That's a really good idea.

There's actually a glitch that was supposedly fixed but still occurs sometime when NPs offered in the TP might be lost.

I actually never thought about offering on an overpriced item. That's a really good idea.

Yes, But again, I do not think it happens to often. But its acutally a decent idea.. since someone isnt really going to accept, unless they surly didnt care.. then its a win win for you ya know?

I've lost just over 1m because of that glitch about 2 months ago. It happened when I offered NP on something and the other person accepted another offer, not mine. I got my junk items back but i lost my NP. I don't know if it could happen if your offer is rejected or if you cancel your offer.