So I have a question

ckayser

So I have a question Can I give away my neo pet account?

I have been playing for a few years and have accumulated a bunch of stuff over a million in the bank probably another 2 million in stuff but the only reason I play is to do the dailys and keep my 2 pets in the hotels.

I have some weird sense of responsiblity for my neopets like they actually would die or something. Even though I am an adult.

So Can I just give it away? Say here you go change the email and password its yours?

First, TNT does not allow you to give away your account. If you care for your pets, you are welcome to find loving owners and give your pet to them for free.

Second, to Khepara, Kai, and Diamond, begging, even like this, is strictly against Neopets T&C and can and will get you frozen. Please, for the sake of your account, do not beg.

how was i suppose to know this?

Rule #7:

Asking for passwords or attempting to gain access to other peoples accounts in any way (such as asking people to change their email address to your email address). Neopets will NEVER ask for your password.

This can be found on the board rules:

http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml

If your really serious about leaving neopets, (personally I would think about this for a while as I left for a year or so and am really enjoying it again) why dont you donate some stuff to TDN avatar lending program?

@DiamondZ: Actually, those are the Neopets chat rules. Neopets has two sets of rules, it's T&C and it's chat rules. It's very confusing, but you just have to follow both.

@ckayser: See http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showforum=41

I'm glad that you're not going to "give away" your account to somebody. I recall reading a Neopian Times editorial that said that accounts are not transferable. If my memory is correct (and I can't vouch for that), then that would mean that accounts can't be "given away"; that is, we can assume that whoever receives the account will inherit a frozen account and will probably end up in the people-to-watch-closely list of TNT's (The Neopets Team's) disciplinary structure.

We do know that unwanted pets can be placed in The Neopian Pound for adoption. Unwanted pets can also be given to a specific person through the pound's pet transfer option.

We do know that unwanted items and Neopoints (NP) can be donated to the Money Tree or to the persons or guilds we choose.

However, we should probably consult Neopets' rules (Terms & Conditions and the FAQs) as well as recent Neopian Times editorials for proper ways to announce that we have pets for adoption and for proper ways to screen applicants. One of the last few editorials clarified The Neopets Team's pet adoption policies.

Similarly, we can see that there are correct and incorrect ways to announce that we have items and NP to give away.

As for the rest of us, we have to remember that there are correct and incorrect ways to ask a person if they have NP or items to give away. If memory serves, there are ways of "begging" that can get people frozen. In fact, we know from the long discussions in various forums that even guilds and fan sites have to be careful about how they solicit for donations because there's a thin line between innocent soliciting and malicious (greedy) manipulating.

Neopets has many strict rules. Worse, Neopets has a few unclear rules - that is, the Neopets team clarifies the rules in the Neopian Times editorial but the don't see any need to add the clarification to the FAQs.

So, for most of us mere mortals, to stay safe, it's best to not beg at all, not even a little, not even as a joke. Yes, many players and organizations get away with begging/pressuring/cajoling/wheedling for NP and items, but we won't join in that parade, because, if the hammer falls and The Neopets Team acts against beggars, we may just end up in the blacklist for what we thought was "innocent" begging.

I'd Keep It, You Could Play Again One Day Or Prehaps Save It For Your Children... If Neopets Is Still Around Then Anyway. If You Still Dont Want These Options, I'd Appreciate Any Small/Big Donation For My Baby PB Fund. I Lost My Main Account With Painted Pets A Few Days Ago Due To A Scam So Im Upset Lmfao. =)

I'd Keep It, You Could Play Again One Day Or Prehaps Save It For Your Children... If Neopets Is Still Around Then Anyway. If You Still Dont Want These Options, I'd Appreciate Any Small/Big Donation For My Baby PB Fund. I Lost My Main Account With Painted Pets A Few Days Ago Due To A Scam So Im Upset Lmfao. =)

I'm, pretty sure neopets will be around for a very long time. And yes, it is a very good idea to sort of pass it down to perhaps children or a youngster new to the internet or something. Personally, i would keep it around for the sake of a stress sink. Playing a few minutes of neopets even if just to check on updates etc for me helps me to relax.