The Wheel of Mediocrity and Excitement

kana-tan

Well, there's that Wheel of Mediocrity and that other one called the Wheel of Excitement.

Since I think the beginning of this month and the end of last month, I've only been getting the 10np and the question mark. D:

I do these once a day on a daily basis but each time I've done it I've literally gotten the 10np and question mark EVERY SINGLE TIME. There wasn't some other time where I got something else, but I've gotten these 2 every. single. time.

Do you think it's a glitch or something? Or do I just have disgustingly ridiculous luck? :crying:

From what I know it's random, every single time, just like the other wheels.

So I'd go with the rotten luck; and for what it's worth, I've gotten the question mark for the Wheel of Excitement the most often also.

I know how it feels... I am still waiting for the 10k! Best I got was 2k, and that was only once. :( I've had better luck on Bagatelle! Whereas for Mediocrity, I got a nothing at all once. <_< Best I kept getting was 50. :( I need more than that!

That's lucky :) GEnerally, on the Wheel of Excitement, the question mark is the most common result. THis was stated in an Editorial some time back. However, it is possible to get other things, and I have gotten the 10k before. It's all luck really. As for the Wheel of Mediocrity, I'm not really sure, but I think the most common results are NPs lower than 50.

One thing I do is this: I change my routine if I keep getting the same result from the wheels. For example, if I usually go fishing and visit the Tombola before I spin the wheels, then I will change my routine and spin the wheels first. This is like how die-hard bingo grandmas will move to a different table if they're losing.

Another thing I do when I keep getting the same result for more than a few days: I appease the Neopian gods with a guilt offering. I donate a few things to the tree, and I even go to the tree and give two or three bags of 10 to 100 NP each.

I don't know why, but it seems to make the wheels spin better for me.

Or maybe the change in routine and the act of donating are enough to make my heart lighter so that I no longer notice that I'm still getting bad results from the wheels. :D

If I'm feeling really upset, I clear my browser's cache. It's so cathartic.

This is like how die-hard bingo grandmas will move to a different table if they're losing.

haha. i think that comment made my day. though it is a good point.

good job finally getting good spins once you posted this. hopefully this was all it took to turn your luck around! but if not...

i barely got anything good from the wheel of mediocrity until i got the avatar (finally!) and now i just never use it. i think unless you are going fr the avatar its worthless. but you will get it eventually!

and for the wheel of excitement, i think i generally get the question mark as well... but when i do it first with my dailies, i usually do better... i guess just try doing it different times and see what happens.