Feel free to try them out!

naalaro

Okay this is primarily for any restockers out there, but of course, we can all try them out for fun! Being a restocker myself, a few friends and i are always discussing restocking 'tips' to improve your performance. Some sound logical while others sound outright silly! Here are a few i found quite worthwhile.

1) Forget classical music as frequently mentioned to 'soothe' your nerves when you miss an item. Hey! We want to GRAB it not miss it! Play music that drum up the adrenaline, maybe the theme song from 'Jaws' or uplifting fast paced music that keeps you on your toes. You cant afford to slack off! (this method works well for me)

2) Need another way to force yourself to concentrate? Breathe deeply in hard fast strokes, condition yourself to be a tiger on the hunt! Refresh constantly every 5 to ten seconds and pick any item and type in the haggling pricce as though you were gunning for the real thing. This method supposedly oils your later performance for speed, as well as an outlet to calming any jittery nerves.

3) Stand up and restock, don't sit down. A friend of mine claims he even jogs on the spot before refreshing. ( i have no idea about that...wouldnt you get tired?)

4) Eyeball practice! One of the main reasons why people cant seem to catch that good item is that they rely too much on seeing things from the corner of their eyes, or sometimes, their eyes just seem to be glued to one spot due to concentration. Not good. One must always move the eyeball around. Keep them moving in circles and sweeps etc

5) Do not restock at the supposed times where there are supposedly less neopians and hence less restockers. It is because of this so called 'advantage' that many restockers converge on that time and at popular shops. You stand to face more competition, not from quantity, but from quality, and i really believe that to be true seeing as how i always restock the best in supposed 'rush hour' periods where over 40 thousand people are online.

6) The brain has to be fresh to be quick, so try restocking in the morning after a night's rest, or after a nap.

I believe there are plenty more 'tips' i haven't told you guys, but hey, i'm not going to go divulging too much XD, in the end, you'll still be needing practice and finding your own pace and rhythm anyway, these tips only help you get there. Hehehe

Sounds like good tips. I have 0 success at RS, so I'll try anything. I'm trying for a r90+ chocolate for the avatar, but i've mostly given up. :`-`(`