Your favorite Freeware games

Boingboingsplat

I wasn't entirely sure whether to put this thread here or in "Everything Computers," so if a moderator could move this if its in the wrong place I'd really appreciate it.

So, what are your favorite freeware games? If you don't know, a freeware game is a free computer game that you can get by simply downloading it.

Here are my two favorite games:

Cave Story - Go to the "Cave Story Deluxe Pkg" for the easiest way to obtain it. This is a really fun platforming/shooting/exploring game, with an exceptionally excellent plot. Probably my favorite computer game ever!

Knytt Stories - This is another really fun platformer game. It's really a couple games in one, and you can even download new levels and make your own!

Well I don't know about games as in plural, but there is one game (which I don't get to play often) I really enjoy. It's called Allegiance, and it's basically a mix of a space simulation game (flying around blowing stuff up), a real-time strategy game, and an MORPG. You get together in teams and fly spaceships to gather resources, build/defend bases, and hopefully destroy the opposing team's base. The game's homepage is at http://www.freeallegiance.org/ - be warned: no game I've ever played has been harder to learn than Allegiance, and it can often take months just to master the basics. :yes: