Beijing Olympics Games

Awesome_Paul

We have a few topics in the debate section, yet they more into one area.

Did you watch any events?

Which were your favourite?

How did your team do?

I mainly followed GB myself. (Who ruled over sailing/rowing and especially cycling :D)

But I watch the Taekwondo, which did see quite a few bad decisions (some were re made)

One which was in the (China) CHEN Zhong vs (Great Britain) STEVENSON Sarah. All replays saw the kick to the head by Sarah, yet the ref didn't see it and awarded the win to China. Thankfully though (after some protest (or so i heard) a official changed the result due to the bad decision.

The other decision (I didn't see this match) was in the Mens Taekwondo. Some-one was awarded their point (which caused him to lose). Rather than protest, he kicked the official.

Another GB athlete, I've was watching was GB diver Thomas Daley. 14yrs old and already in the Olympics and I doubt I will be the only one to say, he was pretty well. came 7th/8th in the end, but he gave some of them a run for their money. This person will be one I will be watching again in London 2012. (I may even try to get a ticket if I'm lucky)

So, did any of you see any of it?

Yes, I watched all the events that Canada participated in as well as some of the more prominent ones - 100m mens, Michael Phelps' races, etc. My family members are sports fanatics. ;)

My favourites were the 100m with Usain Bolt (I loved that he stopped running hard halfway through and still won), the women's pole vault with the Russian athlete, Yelena Isinbayeva - she was running around, getting the crowd psyched for her jumps, the equestrian individual jumping with Canadian Eric Lamaze who managed to win in a jump-off despite a TON of adversity (born a drug addict, poor, no father, etc etc) and the men's 3m springboard diving... I totally adore Alexandre Despatis. :*

Canada did OK. We hadn't won any medals yet in the first half of the Olympics, but then got 18 over the last half. Nowhere near the top countries of course, but not bad for a winter sports nation. Can't wait for Vancouver 2010!

gymnastics all the way!!!

i dont really have a favorite team but i do like the old USSR teams the best. i just think that their routines are so pretty and are from an era in which gymnastics was more elegant and consurned with the visual element than now days.