Site Ads =/

Mike.

This is mainly a question for Ian. :P I recently noticed the annoying ads that come up whenever you click on a page, and it says "Your Page is Loading" or something like that, and it takes forever for the page to load unless you click on a link or something. Are these ads really necessary to the survival of TDN, because they make me want to gouge my eyes out every time I see them. Also, I think they don't really attract visitors...

Anyways, can we get rid of them?

The Adblock Plus Firefox extension with the EasyList and EasyElement filters works just as well on TDN's ads as Neopets'. :yes: You could follow the instructions on the updated Adblock guide to get that set up.

We don't have any ads that makes it say "this page is loading" or "click here to continue." Could you please post a screen shot? We just have leaderboards and skyscrapers...

Yes, it will. I have NEVER gotten any kind of ad like that, and I've been using Adblock for years. It's a truly amazing extensions and a must for any FF user.

And even if you have Premium, you should use it, because Premium won't exactly block your ads out of Neopets, and trust me, you'll save up a lot of bandwidth if you are on a plan that limits that to like, say...20 GB download.

Well Adblock Plus is always useful since it banishes ads pretty much everywhere. :yes: Like HBK said, it's highly effective and truly a must-have extension.

These kinds of ads should NOT be appearing. I will be contacting our ad providers immediately.

Thanks!

EDIT: I got a response from our ad rep and she said full page ads have been blocked. YAY! :D

Hooray! Thank you so much Ian. :)

-strangles ad rep-

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto).

The original topic had been answered. And strangling is not nice. ;o

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Princess Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.