Is your house haunted?

Soo... Just out of curiosity, how many people may believe they have a haunted house, or have encountered a ghost? My friends house is haunted, but I can't remember the stories. I'll get them from her later.

Well, my aunt is a nun who lives in northwestern Missouri (near Maryville), and she says that one of the guest houses by the monastery is haunted. She used to be in charge of cleaning and preparing the guest houses, and she told me that one night she was walking past the house and she noticed that the attic light was on. She thought that was odd, so she went inside to check it out. Strangely enough, the attic door happened to be locked, as well as the doors leading into the house. She claims other weird things happen (doors slamming, etc.) there as well.

This is a little strange because that particular guest house is the very same house that my family always stays at whenever we go to visit her, and nothing happens while we're there. Hmmm...

^_^

As far as encountering ghosts...I wish. A few years ago, my family stayed in Gettysburg and toured the battlefield there. It's supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country. We even toured the Jennie Wade house, one of Travel Channel's top haunted places. (side note: Jennie Wade was the only civilian killed in the three day battle of Gettysburg) We never saw any ghosts or any weird happenings.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

I'm definitely interested in ghosts, but I'm not too keen on having them in my house! ^_^

I think I'm safe though, I've been here a year and a half now and the most ghostly thing I've experienced is the spare room door likes to pop open (not fully) every now and then on it's own :) That's enough for me though, I am living on my own after all! :)

My house is only about 4 years old and we're the only ones that have lived it in, so it's not haunted.

I don't recall ever having any ghostly encounters. I hear random odd sounds sometimes, but that could eaisely be the cat or the computer or my brother.

The day my gramma died, I woke up early for no particular reason. I founf my mom wasn't home and my dad was on the phone. So I waited for him to get off before I pestered him with questions. When he told em what happened, I was fine. But that day, the next day and then up to the very end of the wake, my eye was twitching. I gave it no thought at all. But then that night, I heard a noise that sounded suspiciously like something coming through the wall. Next hting I know, I have this strange feeling someone is standing over me, watching me. Not like bad. But just watching. There's soemthing that feels like a cold breeze, but it's in one spot. Like a hand brushing over me. I can't get over the idead that it might have been my Gramma. Then again, later that week. I start feeling like someone has entered the room and I feel that breeze-like touch. But this time it's warm. I'm wondering if that means she's in heaven.

Those are some powerful stories.

I personally think my house was haunted, that's right was but I don't know if its all in my head before after watching all those scary movies but now I'm fine. But I can't help but wonder what strange things lie beyond the earth...

Another one I thought of....

So my mom, cousin, and aunt were all very close with my great aunt. When she passed, it was definetly hard. But one day, my mom wakes up to find the glass that my great aunt always used sitting out. Both my brother and I were up, but too little to have reached the glasses. And we both denied attempting to get it out.

Nah, never been in a haunted house or encountered a ghost.

Oooh, my parents were viziting my dad's parents and there was this inn that was supposedly haunted. But they didn't know that. So they're sleeping there and my mom sees this lady glaring at her. And meanwhile my dad is like mumbling about his dream. Apparently like it was the devil or w/e. Creepy stuff.

And when we stayed on Mackinac Island, they told us the whole island used to be burial grounds. So the whole island is ahunted. The hotle we stayed... I swear it really was haunted. The tv would turn on by itself. I'd turn it off, it'd turn back on. We went through that like 10, 11 times before I got my dad. And of course nothing ever out-of-the-ordinary happens when the 'rents are in the rooms.... argh.

Soo... Just out of curiosity, how many people may believe they have a haunted house, or have encountered a ghost? My friends house is haunted, but I can't remember the stories. I'll get them from her later.

I know my house is haunted! I've got stories with details too incredible to make up. I'm talking blinking lights, shadows, and, in one instance, being pushed to the carpeted floor! Are you game to read these stories? I just hope you don't think that I'm certifiably nuts if I tell you my experiences.

My old apartment was haunted we had a ghost we decided he was going to be named leo he was always bare foot.lol. at least i hope it was a ghost and not a stranger that broke into our house.lol.

My house isn't haunted, but i remember being terrified to see a bright light quickly travel across the room, i thought i would have to get the priest in to do an exorcism. Imagine how stupid i felt when i realised it was just the reflection from the mirror in the cupboard door that was moving by itself because of the wind :*

There's absolutely you could be more nuts than me, so please, go ahead. I need a reason to stay up all night XD.

I'll start with the "safer" stories, and build from there.

My boyfriend and I have living together for almost three years now. In that time, we have seen a silhouette or shadow of a cat roaming the house. The cat is always benevolent. It will watch one of us from the doorway, sit in the hall, or nap where it pleases. In short, it acts like a regular cat without the meowing.

It is suspected that the person who owned the house, before my family did, had a cat. The cat seems to "haunt" its familiar surroundings.

Wow, there are some pretty interesting posts in this topic... I've never experienced anything I could call a haunting personally, although I have heard stories from a few friends. :yes:

Okay, so my aunt has heir an old wall-clock from my great-grandpa from when he was a child, and helped an old lady. Well, that clock has never worked, but it still hangs in their hall. One day, about two months ago, when they ate they heard a ticking, and the clock worked. Only for about ten minutes, then it stopped. Some days later the clock started again, now it worked for four hours or so. And a few days later it worked again, this time ten hours. And the spooky part of this isn't that the clock started but it started at the exact same time as it where. Isn't that creepy?

Waaiiiittt.... as it where? Do you mean as it was? As in as it was at the time that it started working again?

But yeah, that's creepy. I have a little clock in my room that sometimes stops. But I know why. I was being stupid and wound it counterclockwise to set it to the right time. Whoopsies. So now it's all screwed up.

That's fine. Do you have any other stories? I love these sorts of things. Even though I don't like being scared at teh time it happens, I love it afterwards. Is that like masochism?

EDWARD IS MASOCHISTIC!

Well I've got some:

A cousins house are haunted. One of there childs talk to people that doesn't exists, for the eye. And when they're trying to change something with the house, they can't. Because the ghost doesn't allow them to do it. Steps in the stairs are also normal in there house, gosh, me and my aunt have plans to sleep over in there house and document it.

Steps that no one makes.

Mhm, I remember one story about a wall they wanted to remove. On that wall there was a painting, that they couldn't move. It was like stuck on the wall.

And another, there's a chair they painted over, but the next day all the paint had exfoliate.