Key Quest Open Beta!

Superfly

Howdy everybody! A week or so again, TDN brought everyone screenshots and loads of information about Neopets Key Quest which entered into premium beta testing. Well, in todays neopets news, TNT announced that it has opened Key Quest for open beta, which means everyone can access it and mess around with it! For all the juicy details check out the official announcement. You can access Key Quest - here. You can even win prizes too!

WARNING: The game is VERY slow loading, if it even loads at all. Sit back, relax, and give it a test tomorrow. Lets not crash all of Neopets.com trying to access the open beta, okay? :P

QUOTE:

Those of you waiting for the new Key Quest multiplayer game will be happy to hear we're now in open beta. Help us test it and win keys, prizes, and Neopoints in the process! For more information about Key Quest, and to learn how to play, be sure to check out the Key Quest hub page. There are links to the tutorial, the FAQ, and the vault where prizes can be redeemed.

kqgame_news.jpg

If you don't have any Key Quest tokens, fear not! A free token will be provided for you at random when you enter the game. (And once we're out of beta, you can pick one of these free tokens to keep for good.)

Oh, did you want to see our Key Quest Beta Page which is loaded full with Key Quest information and much much more!

This has been the moment we've all been waiting for... at least for the people who are interested in the Key Quest. But anyway I can't wait for the grand opening!

That would be me... but I'm still on the "Connecting" Screen :grrr: , I'll probably come back tonight and see that it's still connecting, well I guess that there is a lot of people trying to access keyquest right now... so I'll just have to wait! :grrr:

I've been stuck on the "Connecting" screen for fifteen minutes. Ahhh. Can't wait to play it!

If it doesn't load in about 3-5 minutes, refresh the page and try and connect again. Snarkie says that it means they rebooted the server or something, and you won't be able to connect anyway, so refresh!

I would like to play but my laptop crash when I play Keyquest :crying: I'm unable to complete a game :crying:

I been able to get into 2 games now.

Both games: Won

1st game I received:

Captain Tuan Stamp

Maraqua Colouring Book

Orange Grundo Wardrobe (neohome)

Veiled Autumn Hat (Wearable)

2nd Game I received:

Har Codestone

Everlasting Crystal Apple Stamp

Captain Tuan Stamp

Kiko Pop-Up Book

Your received the following prizes:

Purple Negg

Har Codestone

Yurble Tales

Shenkuu Stamp

Yay! I also hope that codestones deflate...A LOT! Nice game Paul. We'll have to play again sometime.

Okay, here is the guide for being invited. Imagine you have a friend who has created a game and invited you to it.

You're confused. Its not on the list. How do you find it.

The first thing to do is ask your friend (if over MSN/PM/NM etc) what chat they have put it in. (general Chat is the most common)

So you would click on general Chat when reached the main menu.

So you've click general Chat and you are here:

Guide1.jpg

The first thing you have to do is click the button located by the blue circle above. This will then take you here:

Guide2.jpg

Because I couldn't get myself to create and game and invite myself to one, I got Mr Teej to create one and then invite me. When you get to this screen, type your neofriend username into the box, and click the '+' button beside it. Once they have been added, return to the 1st screen by re clicking the Friends box (located on the 1st screenshot)

Guide3-1.jpg

This is what you will see. In bright blue It will say

[Neofriend] came online

[Neofriend] has invited to you a game

If you don't see this, ask your friend if he can re make a game.

Don't worry about all the other text, They're just other users chatting.

Click [Neofriend] has invited you to a game.

This will take you to this screen.

Guide4.jpg

The final step. Click either Accept (Join the game) or reject (Turn down the invitation).

This should get you into the game. Hopes this helps :)

Is there something wrong with Keyquest right now? I can get to the main page but once I click "Quick Game" The main page dissapears! All you can see/read are the words:

Key Quest (BETA)

A new build is up for you to test! Please remember that we are currently testing the load on our servers, which means getting stuck at a loading screen or booted from the game prematurely while testing is normal. If this happens, please be patient and try again. :)

Notes: If you don't have any Key Quest tokens, one is provided automatically for you in game for testing purposes. You will not see this token in your Collector's Case. If you already have Key Quest tokens that you'd like to use, remember to put them in your Key Quest Quick List using the Collector's Case!

OH! I can also hear the keyquest music! Thanks for your help!

I also can't wait to play the game, I have waited for about a few days already hoping that it will work but I'm still at the connecting page...

Sometimes the game server goes down. Check the Games Board on neo to see if people are posting about it being down or not.

If it's up, just refresh after a few minutes to try again.

IF you get a white screen, update flash.

The game can be really laggy, especially for slower computers or internet connections (not sure which exactly, or maybe it's both =/)

I finally got in, but its really confusing since you don't know where are the doors and the game is really slow and I pressed the wrong button so I'm now out of the game again :(