Roo Island wins the Cup!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After 2 days of mind-grueling finals and a long wait, TNT have officially released the final standings! RI has won the Cup, and major festivities are going on throughout all of Neopia.

We have BlackJaguar here for our final report *is draped in RI's colors*:

Thank you HBK. After 34 long days of competition and an agonizing wait for the final tally, we now have the OFFICIAL result and I am honored to present to you the champion of the Altador Cup III, ROO ISLAND!

winners_200.jpgLots of drinks and delicious foods are available here at the Roo Castle as the Roos celebrate their victory. The Roos were one of the strongest competitors in this year's Cup. There were several times when they were overshadowed by the Pirates after they lost the lead at the fifth day but their supporters has no doubt that they will be going to the finals. Their two wins against the Pirates during the Elimination round encouraged the Roos to win this Cup, earning them the right to be called the champions of the third annual Altador Cup.

On other hand, Krawk Island took the 1st Runner-Up award while Lost Desert defeated Shenkuu to earn the 2nd Runner-Up award. We'd also like to congratulate Meridell, Darigan, Mystery Island, Tyrannia, Altador and Faerieland for beating their opponent's in the finals and winning their games.

Now that the Altador Cup III is over, supporters can take a rest and spend their prize points in the new Altador Cup Prize Shop! Truth be told, the prizes aren't really awesome this year...

On behalf of HBK, TJ, Xepha, Izzy and all of the TDN team, I would like to thank everyone for your continuing support to us. Please watch out because TDN will have more surprises for everyone. Bringing you the latest straight from Roo Castle, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC3 coverage. Signing out."

And there we have it folks. Congrats to RI for winning the Cup! Now, let's PARTY!

Well... Congrats to Roo Island!!!

I must agree with HBK though the prizes aren't that great, I am a little disapointed!! Atleast I got an avvie and a new theme though :D

Also... a HUGE THANKS to all the staffers for their wonderful, up-to-date and awesome coverage throughout the ACIII. You are all fantastic.

*free cookies and pizza for everyone*

First of all, congratulations to all of the teams that participated in the AC. You all did a great job, and you all should be commemorated for that. :yes:

Next, GREAT JOB ROO ISLAND!!!! You guys played your hardest out there, and you managed to beat this years powerhouse. But is this because TNT possibly favored you guys?! That will always remain a mystery, but YOU ARE THE CHAMPIONS! :king:

KI...I knew your team was able to do it, but you guys got lazy, and unfortunately it cost you. Great job on 2nd place!

LD...my team!! I am so glad we were able to get third place, after our poor performances over the last two years.

And TDN...GREAT JOB ON YOUR DAILY REPORTS, AND THANKS SO MUCH, LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR COVERAGE NEXT YEAR!

Well, that is my recap.

Congratulations to all teams once again, and I am looking forward to playing you all next year.

Guest Guest

*grabs a cookie* Thank you^^

Congrats to Roo Island, though I'm a little disappointed in the prizes as well. I was hoping to see a pb in there somewhere...

I still had a lot of fun, 10+ hrs of painful yyb'ing, and made some new friends on the boards so great job everyone and may the best team win next year!!

*grabs cookie*

Congratulations to RI.

Oh man, the prizes suck more than last year. NO PB and NO BD.

Anyways, THANKS YOU to everyone who supported TDN. Please watch out because in a few hours all TDN members are going to be busy again with something. (giggles) :D

Guest Guest

aww, there are no specific prizes to show RI won. I don't necessarily mean a pb cause I don't like pbs but maybe a Lilo toy instead of a Krell toy? Even a RI jersey in addition to the DC and HW ones. I never care for prizes, but there should at least be one Roo item in there lol

Ohhh are you staffers holding out on us again???!!! Meh... guess I am going to have to wait until you surprise us!!!

Psst... BlackJ I think you mean Congrats to RI, not KI??!!

Ok.....

This doens't really make sense...

The results in the end show that Krawk Island won both SS and MSN, but Roo Island only won YYB...

I mean... What is the point of having the other two when YYB is the only one that matters???

And seriously.... The prizes?

They suck.... Really...

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed by the prizes as well.. I mean, except for the army of Flying Disc and Slushies, there's just two wearables, three plushies, two books, a toy and a Petpet.

And I'd've thunk they'd make more winning team-themed prizes - like a shirt, for example, or a banner.

Guest suprememaster999

CONGRATS TO ALL!!! the prizes are terrible!!!!!!! I just felt cheated. I mean, the time i spent on playing yyb prob could have played games that earn millions!!!!

Join the ELite Conquerors guild now!!!

Ohhh are you staffers holding out on us again???!!! Meh... guess I am going to have to wait until you surprise us!!!

Psst... BlackJ I think you mean Congrats to RI, not KI??!!

I did say RI right? oh well.. Enjoy twisting your brains (literally! :D)

I'm happy that Roo Island won the cup... it was fierce maybe next year KI will take the cup. Of course I'll still be with LD gotta love 'em! Plus we did great this year!

I really think it was fixed from day 1 for roo to win

I really think it was fixed from day 1 for roo to win

the winner is who ever neopets want to win

CONGRATS TO ALL!!! the prizes are terrible!!!!!!! I just felt cheated. I mean, the time i spent on playing yyb prob could have played games that earn millions!!!!

Join the ELite Conquerors guild now!!!

i think is was fixed for roo to win and the prizes stick I will not play next year wasted too much time on it for nothing

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zac) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not triple post. Posts merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

OMG I never expect RI to win since at the start of the cup KI has been winning throughout the cup and also since a cup addict Krawk Islander is supporting them, what am unexpected result! Congrats RI!!

However one thing I disappointed is that HW actually lose to Darigan, I spend so much time playing on the match :crying_blow:

I haven looked at the prize yet but after looking at the posts here, I'm not so excited about the prize anymore.

Lastly, I would like to thank all the news staff that has been reporting up to date and also fun news along the way so its not just a boring news anymore...

*grabs two cookies*

All That Playing Really Made Me Hungry! LOL!

CONGRATULATIONS ROOS!

I'm so glad KI didn't win!

No offense KI Fans I just don't dig the pirates...

I'm sure going to miss the excitement...

but I'm off to investigate the prize shop even though it apparently sucks?

:thumbsup: Thank You So Much TDN For Guiding Me Through My First AC! :thumbsup: