MI and HW say goodbye to Cup dream

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After the usual update of our Standings page, we have some sad news for you. Meridell managed to nearly sweep MI, and despite HW beating DC in side games, both teams are realistically out (but not mathematically yet). There is nearly no chance that they will surpass Kreludor, Shenkuu, Meridell and Darigan to claim the 4th place. We now have BlackJaguar for our daily report:

mysteryisland_100.gif"Thank you HBK. After a grueling battle, the Zombies of Haunted Woods managed to bring down the Darigans yesterday. HW dominated the side games while the DC only got YYB. Even though the possibility of them getting in the Final 4 is nil, the Zombies refuse to go back to their graves alone. With this loss, the chances of the defending champs to get to the Final 4 are even smaller. Do the Darigans still have a comeback plan?

In other news, the Silent Assassin Kreludor will be facing off against the Mummies of Lost Desert today. With only 1.8 points between them, this will be a crucial game for the Moon. A sweep in this game could give them enough points to overtake LD but if they the Mummies sweep them, the Ninjas of Shenkuu might overtake them (only 1.32 point differential).

hauntedwoods_100.gifKreludor really needs to this game to give them some breathing room because their last few battles will be tougher than Shenkuu's. The WAR for the Final 4 is on! Stick around and watch! Bringing you the latest straight from Altador Colosseum, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC3 coverage. Signing out."

We now have 4 teams competing for that so desired 4th place: Shenkuu, Kreludor, Meridell and Darigan. All the rest are or mathmatically eliminated (all teams below HW), or realistically out (MI and HW).

Feel free to comment on our news post, no registration required for guests.

Ouch...though we won~!

And Black Jaguar's and Krawk Islander's comments didn't really match up, for example the latter saying DC was realistically out and the former saying it was in...

We're going to have a hard time beating Krawk Islander tomorrow....

I think I've found out about the Winners' Curse

The first team is overrated and the people in it don't play much, thinking everyone else will play. Then the other hardworking team tries as hard as it can to beat it, resulting in a loss/draw

It's what happened to Darigan Citadel and Haunted Woods before that

and it also happened to Shenkuu which had a bad start.

So the winners of last year will usually be easier to beat then the top 4...

At least, that's my hypothesis.

After the usual update of our Standings page, we have some sad news for you. Meridell managed to nearly sweep MI, and despite HW beating DC in side games, both teams are realistically out (but not mathematically yet).

That meaning DC and HW, or MI and HW? Sorry if it's the latter.

I agree with the honorable staff member who created the news. Shenkuu definitely will have a pleasurable week unlike the Kreudolians. Shenkuu has yet to play Brightvale, Tyranitar, Maraqua (which are mathematically out), the only tough challenge this week would be last years winner, Darigan Citadel. Darigan Citadel has a brilliant chance of entering the top four as they are ranked 5th. The only odd match that might put Darigan Citadel out of place is their match against the (Yet) undefeatable Krawks. Shenkuu has done well in trying to defeat their obstruction (Kreuldor). The end of the round robin will show who is capable of getting a place in the top four. Good luck Kreuldor, may your path be bright as a razor gun. Good luck Shekuu, you can show the other teams what Ningas are made of. Good luck Darigan Citadel, show everyone that you still win the cup two times in a row (doubt it).

Overall Shenkuu for the cup.

PS. For all those unlucky constants that are defeated (mathematically), there will always be a chance for you at the Altador Cup

im glad dc's still in it! i thought when we lost the side games it was over for us for fourth... but i guess not... my prediction is that we will do awesome all the way up to the kwarks and then we'll lose to them. :crying:

well thats my prediction anyways....

by the way... good job on the article!!! i look forward to more

I agree with the honorable staff member who created the news. Shenkuu definitely will have a pleasurable week unlike the Kreudolians. Shenkuu has yet to play Brightvale, Tyranitar, Maraqua (which are mathematically out), the only tough challenge this week would be last years winner, Darigan Citadel. Darigan Citadel has a brilliant chance of entering the top four as they are ranked 5th. The only odd match that might put Darigan Citadel out of place is their match against the (Yet) undefeatable Krawks. Shenkuu has done well in trying to defeat their obstruction (Kreuldor). The end of the round robin will show who is capable of getting a place in the top four. Good luck Kreuldor, may your path be bright as a razor gun. Good luck Shekuu, you can show the other teams what Ningas are made of. Good luck Darigan Citadel, show everyone that you still win the cup two times in a row (doubt it).

Overall Shenkuu for the cup.

PS. For all those unlucky constants that are defeated (mathematically), there will always be a chance for you at the Altador Cup

Sorry to point out errors-last word, shouldn't it be IV?

You spelt Kreuldor wrong, it's Kreludor

And once you spelt Shenkuu Shekuu

Darigan Citadel and Shenkuu would be a good match

Ningas should be spelt Ninjas

Tyranitar should be spelt Tyrannia...

And sorry to Krawk Islander.

HW supporters, it would be wise not to deny the fact that you are technically out. Don't worry, an ex-fourth place team is likely to be out too. You can still get into the second bracket.

Guest chieyang7601

This time...

Kreludor will out because fight wif lost desert,Roo island and Haunted wood

lost desert and roo island will let them lose or draw

and they will so hard to win Haunted wood

and Darigan will fight wif shwnkuu and krawk island

krawk island will smack down them

and this time shenkuu is very powerful

so they will draw or lose

meridell is totally out

shenkuu only fight wif darigan

they win than they will become 4th

GOOD LUCK IN BEATING EACH OTHER SHENKUU AND DC!

SORRY TO EVERYONE WHO IS MATHEMATICALLY OUT. BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR. NOW ON TO SOME BETTER NEWS...

GOOD JOB MY TEAM KI! WE CAN WIN!

KI FTW!

THIS IS OUR YEAR! I THINK...

Sorry to point out errors-last word, shouldn't it be IV?

You spelt Kreuldor wrong, it's Kreludor

And once you spelt Shenkuu Shekuu

Darigan Citadel and Shenkuu would be a good match

Ningas should be spelt Ninjas

Tyranitar should be spelt Tyrannia...

And sorry to Krawk Islander.

HW supporters, it would be wise not to deny the fact that you are technically out. Don't worry, an ex-fourth place team is likely to be out too. You can still get into the second bracket.

Sorry about the spelling errors I really had to go ASAP. If you read my previous messages you can see that I clearly know how to spell my owns team name. Please do not be so ignorant Sam of DC. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Krawk Islander Friendly Edit: Guys, no insulting please. We know you can spell your team's name. Thanks.

Yes! I thought Darigan would be out because we lost the side games yesterday.... But I was wrong! WE are still in the running for fourth! With the clean sweep with Altador and The Fight for Third (Kredulor v.s. Lost Desert) We might be able to pass someone today....

It is between Shenkuu & DC... personally, i think Shenkuu will win

Guest DC supporter
It is between Shenkuu & DC... personally, i think Shenkuu will win

I hope it's a draw or were doomed.

DC FOR THE CUP!

Guest Mdmarvel

We are out? I mean is HW REALLY out? Cause Zo Junior was defeated by Shenkuu in the GPG leaving me hopeless bad timing for my computer to block my browser BAD LUCK FOR HW THIS YEAR last year was more ok than this year

Guest Mdmarvel of Haunted Woods

Well to all Haunted Woods supporters don't worry cheer up isn't it WE THE HAUNTED WOODS WON THE FIRST ALTADOR CUP :laughingsmiley: MEANING WE SHOULD BE HAPPY AND ALSO DON'T BE TOO GREEDY FOR WINNING PLENTY OF ALTADOR CUP AND THERE IS LAST YEAR THE EMBERASSEMENT LAST YEAR (MAYBE I THINK THAT'S WHY THE HW SUPPOERTERS WANT TO WIN IT IS TO CLEAN THE EMBERASSEMENT FROM LAST YEAR AND PROVE TO OTHERS THAT THEY JUST......WELL I DON'T KNOW I JUST JOINED NEOPETS 2 MONTHS AGO SO I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO CELEBRATE THE VICTORY OF HW AND TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR)