Definition of "Willie-Willie"?

Meeptroid

I have summer homework and I am just about done the packet I was given. However, I am stuck on the last question:

"Research the meaning of "Willie-Willie" in Australia".

I've searched the internet, but can't find anything on the topic. All I know is that is involves hurricanes.

So if there are any Australians out there who knows this subject, or anyone in general, please help.

Thank you in advance,

Meeptroid. The clueless Staffer.

Another amazing thing about the outback is the strange localised weather phenomenon called the willie-willie1. Imagine mini-whirlwinds that reach up into the sky, but are only about 20 feet across: they're a bit like little tornados, I suppose. They occur quite frequently in the dusty outback, and once I came over a hill to find about five of these things whirling away over the fields. They're quite amazing, but they don't half create havoc if you drive right past one: there's a lot of energy kicking around inside a whirlwind. It made the journey to Burra that little bit more interesting, anyway.

~http://www.moxon.net/australia/flinders_ranges.html

Thats the only useful paragraph I found. They sound pretty cool :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Zac ).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Zac if you have any questions regarding this action.