Scoring Contribution System

Okay, so I know that the scores for AC are weighted so that, in theory, a team that has more players doesn't have an advantage over a team that has less players, but I don't quite understand exactly how your contribution works toward your team's success or failure.

In the FAQ, Neopets said that if someone doesn't play as much on the other team or scores less goals than it brings the average down? I'm a mediocre player, and I only play when I have the time (girl's got to work to put some bread on the table). Does this mean that I'm helping to destroy my team's (Brightvale) chances for the cup?

I play approximately 10 games of YYB a day (all wins) with an average score of about 5.287 goals per game. I don't really play SS and MSN.

Am I contributing to my team's poor standing even though I play fairly decently? If someone could explain to me how the system works I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, is it true that Neopets is going to "trade" the player on each team that has the least goals scored?

Does this mean that I'm helping to destroy my team's (Brightvale) chances for the cup?

No. See my explanation in the second answer.

Am I contributing to my team's poor standing even though I play fairly decently? If someone could explain to me how the system works I would greatly appreciate it.

Of course you are. For every goal that you score that's higher than your opponent's score, a point is added to your team's overall score. Don't ask me how the amount of players figure into this. It uses an advanced formula. It is not a average, despite what the majority thinks. Also, if your opponents beat you, neither team is affected.

Also, is it true that Neopets is going to "trade" the player on each team that has the least goals scored?

Certainly not true. I don't know where you heard this rumor.

So Strategos then it is not true that freeloaders can not hurt your team? Everyone keeps saying they can't, but if the scores are averaged out per player then they can, right?

I am glad you cleared that up though. I don't play very often cause I get bored quite easily. I maybe play 10 - 30 games a day and I would hate for that to be ruining KI's winning streaks!!

So Strategos then it is not true that freeloaders can not hurt your team? Everyone keeps saying they can't, but if the scores are averaged out per player then they can, right?

No, no, you read it wrong. Freeloaders can not hurt your team, for sure. Let me edit my post to clear my wording up.

@Clouddark = No, it's not an average. TNT made that very clear.

Thanks for clearing that up Strategos, I was getting all confused for a minute there. So basically it comes down to which team plays the most games and wins?

Yes... in a way. Let's say Team 1 gets 200 players, and Team 2 gets 60000. Team 1 scores 2000 goals, and team 2 scores only 20, because of all the freeloaders. TNT doesn't average it, but both teams are equally likely to win in my scenario. Perhaps TNT adds ups the players with goals, or perhaps TNT uses a formula involving trignometric function. We most likely won't know until they tell us.

Trigonometry? I wouldn't suggest that, I don't think it could apply to this in any way.

They probably have some sort of way of doing it, but it doesn't really matter. It's affecting you or not affecting you no matter how it's done, right? Though I do hope to think TNT does something to try to exclude the freeloaders from it, considering someone could make a bunch of accounts and sign them to the team they don't like...

Perhaps TNT adds ups the players with goals, or perhaps TNT uses a formula involving trignometric function. We most likely won't know until they tell us.

So if KI gets 100,000 points, and has 5000 members, and say MI gets 20,000 points, and has 600 members. Then KI's final score would be 105,000 and MI 20,600. That doesn't even make sense.

By the way it's a formula too:

a+b (?) c+d

a = team 1 goals

b = team 1 members

c = team 2 goals

d = team 2 members

It's a possibility, although extremely unlikely. Same with the trig functions. I'm just trying to show that the formula could either be simple or extremely complex. (You can't solve trig by hand easily.)

It is not a formula, despite what the majority thinks. Also, if your opponents beat you, neither team is affected.

It's a possibility, although extremely unlikely. Same with the trig functions. I'm just trying to show that the formula could either be simple or extremely complex. (You can't solve trig by hand easily.)

Contradiction.

Also don't mind me, I'm insanely tired.

So if KI gets 100,000 points, and has 5000 members, and say MI gets 20,000 points, and has 600 members. Then KI's final score would be 105,000 and MI 20,600. That doesn't even make sense.

I'm quite sure that's not what he meant, people have common sense. -no this is not a possibility.

What I figured was: #of_goals / #of_active_players To be considered active, you would have to play over some amount of games

Therefore, no matter how poorly you play, as long as you score a fairly high amount of goals you will benefit your team. Freeloaders and anyone who does not play would be excluded from the scoring.

Of course, that can't be right or Darigan Citadel and Haunted Woods wouldn't have gone from top one year to bottom the next. Plus, that would mean freeloaders would get the cup by doing nothing which wouldn't be very fair either.

My question is if I win 0-1 and the rest of my wins are 0-10+, would sending that score have a negative impact on my team's ranking? I'm not sure if TNT has answered that or not.

^^^ I would personally think that no it should still give the same amount of points towards your team, just like it gives the same amount of points to your ranking. But that is only a personal opinion and a logical one at that, and we all know that TNT are not logical.

Of course, that can't be right or Darigan Citadel and Haunted Woods wouldn't have gone from top one year to bottom the next. Plus, that would mean freeloaders would get the cup by doing nothing which wouldn't be very fair either.

I do agree with that though. It does not make sense that a team that was so good one year, drops so much the year after. Freeloaders in some way must have some affect on the result of the matches.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, nobody knows exactly what system TNT uses to balance the scores - they haven't told us. :( What we do know is that (in theory) it accounts for the number of players on each team without being affected by freeloaders.

Actually, the one that seems most applicable is that the amount of goals scored is divided by

the amount of people who played that day

so...freeloaders who don't play a single game wouldn't count

I agree with Sam of DC. I thought it was taken by everyone who played for a day... I don't know how they would figure it out exactly, but it would have to be fair. I just play lots of games and win....although that's not helping my team much...we're still losing badly.