Ads are getting invasive...

naalaro

TNT owes me an explaination...i see no reason why they have decided to allow invasive ads onto the site that are as disrespectful, as it is a constant sore in my eyes

The neat boxes for ads were ok and satisfactory, however, i've been on the site today and have had my pet display and whole upper left hand corner PASTED over by a black square announcing that the Spiderwick Chronicles is on DVD, this is overstepping!! And wow, they had an option to pause or stop the screening, but the black square REMAINS! And as a restocker,i'm constantly refreshing, and that *#%$@@* advertisement keeps replaying itself and lodges in my vision, which as a restocker, is needed for concentration!

Not to mention pasting an ad over your PET DISPLAY reeks of a 'couldnt care less' attitude!! D:

You can block the ads easily, and it's especially useful when you restock! TDN have a nice guide here

Actually, it's considered illegal to block Neopets Ads while restocking. It could result in your account getting frozen. =/ It's considered cheating becasue it supposedly gives an unfair advantage because the page would load faster.

As for the ads, I agree that some are very annoying and some in the past have been damaging to your computer. However, it seems Neopets needs their money.

Actually, it's considered illegal to block Neopets Ads while restocking. It could result in your account getting frozen. =/ It's considered cheating becasue it supposedly gives an unfair advantage because the page would load faster.

As for the ads, I agree that some are very annoying and some in the past have been damaging to your computer. However, it seems Neopets needs their money.

I think it's illegal to block "junk" items (so you just see the profitable items) when you restock, not to block the ads. -_- (see a previous question about that on this page 13th and 14th posts)

Guest Krawk Islander

It's illegal to block Javascript, not flash ads. A little different there. :)

Bullcrap. Neopets has premium, merchandise, all that stuff. The new management is really milking the Neopets cow more than Adam&Donna ever did. =/

I think it's illegal to block "junk" items (so you just see the profitable items) when you restock, not to block the ads. -_- (see a previous question about that on this page 13th and 14th posts)

No. I don't think its possible to block junk items. I stick with what I said, you are not allowed to block ads while restocking.

Krawk Islander is right, though. I should have been more clear.

No. I don't think its possible to block junk items. I stick with what I said, you are not allowed to block ads while restocking.

Krawk Islander is right, though. I should have been more clear.

Yes it's possible: imagine you want to restock to the magic shop, but you don't want to see all these unprofitable potions. You can block the pictures of these potions with Adblock and just see the MP when they're there (plus page loads faster). That's a freezable offense.

Blocking the Ads is okay (but just the ads, nothing else).

EDIT: see the Neopian Times 313

Hi TNT. I was just wondering if blocking the images of the junk (non-profit) stuff while restocking is a freezable offence? I'm asking because I have heard of some people doing it, but I'm not sure whether or not I should attempt it. Thank you! ~n00btactular

You should definitely not. Image blocking any items while restocking is giving yourself an unfair advantage, which is a great way to get a one-way trip to the freezer with all your accounts.

Yes it's possible: imagine you want to restock to the magic shop, but you don't want to see all these unprofitable potions. You can block the pictures of these potions with Adblock and just see the MP when they're there (plus page loads faster). That's a freezable offense.

Blocking the Ads is okay (but just the ads, nothing else).

EDIT: see the Neopian Times 313

Actually now that i think of it, blocking the official ads on the site doesnt REALLY do much...i feel that my page loads at the same speed when i refresh...no visible changes or difference. Int he end it all boils down to quickness of the eye and hand coordination!

If there is ONE aspect of buying stuff that i don;t like, its that the confirmation picture below the haggling space, needs to load too! Many times i click at an item and type in the price in like 2 seconds...only for the picture to load for 10..

I agree with you on the ads getting somewhat invasive recently... I never go on the site any more without Adblock Plus enabled.

For the record, it is possible to instruct Adblock Plus to block specific images when a page is loaded. The abuse of this feature in order to stop the images of less valuable items from showing up while restocking is what TNT was talking about in the editorial (as I'm pretty sure is clear from the question quoted earlier). :yes: