Freeloaders

LWap

So, this is the first time I am participating in the Altador Cup. I have been reading a lot of things about freeloaders messing up the scores. My question is, who do you consider a freeloader?

Guest Krawk Islander

Basically, a freeloader is someone who signups for a team and then doesn't play for it at all. Instead, they go on the Neoboards saying that their team is generally the best (most of the times bashing others in the process). Before they signup for a team, most of the times they ask who are the best teams or who's the defending champion. They generally type in caps (n00bz stil3) and are very annoying.

Regarding messing up scores, that is false, because you can't hurt your team, only contribute positively to it. A freeloader is thus neutral to any team. This was stated by TNT in an editorial, but many people believe that freeloaders hurt a team and it's the excuse many people give when their team perform badly.

I thought that the overall scores were based on an average, so that big teams wouldn't dominate small teams, following that thought, a freeloader not playing would lower the average, hurting the team, this is just a theory, not nessessarily true...

If TNT has stated that joining a team but not playing does absolutely nothing to change the standings, then it's true. So even though people who are 'couch players', just as those who are 'couch voters' - that's what wein Denmark call people who don't bother to vote in elections for prime minister ect., but still complain LOUDLY that Denmark is going to the rats and the parties in charge don't know crap about how do to things right - are annoying, there's nothing to do but ignore them and let them be. It's their choise to be useless, so just let them be useless and otherwise pretend that they're just the wind or a flaw in the coding of Neopets =)

Definition of 'freeloader' from Wiktionary: "One who does not contribute or pay appropriately; one who gets a free ride, etc. without paying a fair share."

I thought that the overall scores were based on an average, so that big teams wouldn't dominate small teams, following that thought, a freeloader not playing would lower the average, hurting the team, this is just a theory, not nessessarily true...

TNT has mentioned that they have a system for accounting for the number of players on a team, but they haven't (to my knowledge) given out any specifics. I'm pretty sure that they use an average of some sort, but they probably have a way of making sure freeloaders won't affect a team's scores either. :yes:

And - when their team loses, freeloaders make whining topics on the NeoBoards.

Yeahhh... I can imagine...

"I SUPPORT MY TEAM TO THE FULLEST AND WHEN THEY LOSE IT MAKES ME ANGRYYYYYY."

"How many wins do you have?"

"...10..."