6 members have voted

1. 1. are chupacabras real?

• yes
    • no
    • I like pie...

15sadf9.jpg15sadf9.jpg15sadf9.jpg

Chupacabra Spotted in Maine?

2m4yalh.jpg

TURNER, Maine (AP) - Residents are wondering if an animal found dead over the weekend may be the mysterious creature that has mauled dogs, frightened residents and been the subject of local legend for half a generation.

The animal was found near power lines along Route 4 on Saturday, apparently struck by a car while chasing a cat. The carcass was photographed and inspected by several people who live in the area, but nobody is sure exactly what it is.

Michelle O'Donnell of Turner spotted the animal near her yard about a week before it was killed. She called it a "hybrid mutant of something."

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget," she told the Sun Journal of Lewiston. "We locked eyes for a few seconds and then it took off. I've lived in Maine my whole life and I've never seen anything like it."

For the past 15 years, residents across Androscoggin County have reported seeing and hearing a mysterious animal with chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night. The animal has been blamed for attacking and killing a Doberman pinscher and a Rottweiler the past couple of years.

People from Litchfield, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Lewiston and Auburn have come forward to speak of a mystery monster that roams the woods. Nobody knows for sure what it is, and theories have ranged from a hyena or dingo to a fisher or coydog, an offspring of a coyote and a wild dog.

Now, people are asking if the mystery beast and the animal killed over the weekend are one and the same.

Wildlife officials and animal control officers declined to go to Turner to examine the remains. By Tuesday, the carcass had been picked clean by vultures and there was not much left of the dead animal.

Loren Coleman, a Portland author and cryptozoologist, said it's unlikely that the animal was anybody's pet.

After reviewing photos of the carcass, Coleman said he was bothered by the animal's ears and snout. It reminded him of a case years ago in northern Maine in which an animal shot by a hunter could not be identified. In the end, wildlife officials got a DNA analysis that showed the animal was a rare wolf-dog hybrid, he said.

Mike O'Donnell, who is married to Michelle O'Donnell, said the animal looked "half-rodent, half-dog" to him.

It was charcoal gray, weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and had a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips, he said. It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."

"This is something I've never seen before. It's an evil-looking thing," he said.

Texas hunter says she found chupacabra!

BY ELIZABETH WHITE

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Sunday, September 2nd 2007, 4:00 AM

24pjk8g.jpg

Phylis Canion holds what she says is the head of the bloodsucking beast known as chupacabra.

CUERO, Texas - Phylis Canion lived in Africa for four years. She's been a hunter all her life and has the mounted heads of a zebra and other exotic animals in her house to prove it.

But the road kill she found last month outside her ranch was a new one even for her, worth putting in a freezer hidden from curious onlookers: Canion believes she may have the head of the mythical bloodsucking chupacabra.

"It is one ugly creature," Canion said, holding the head of the mammal, which has big ears, large fanged teeth and grayish-blue, mostly hairless skin.

Canion and some of her neighbors discovered the 40-pound bodies of three of the animals over four days in July outside her ranch in Cuero, 80 miles southeast of San Antonio.

Canion said she saved the head of the one she found so she can get to get to the bottom of its ancestry through DNA testing.

She suspects that a chupacabra may have killed as many as 26 of her chickens in the past few years.

What tipped Canion to the possibility that this was no ugly coyote, but perhaps the vampire-like beast, is that the chickens weren't eaten or carried off - all the blood was drained from them, she said.

Chupacabra means "goat sucker" in Spanish, and it is said to have originated in Latin America, specifically Puerto Rico and Mexico.

Canion said the finding has captured the imagination of locals, just as purported sightings of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster have elsewhere.

But what folks are calling a chupacabra is probably just a strange breed of dog, said local veterinarian Travis Schaar.

Chupacabra or not, the discovery has spawned a local and international craze.

Canion has started selling T-shirts that read: "2007, The Summer of the Chupacabra, Cuero, Texas," with a caricature of the creature.

The $5 shirts have gone all over the world, including Japan, Australia and Brunei.

You may suggest a Story if you want. also if you like to see more cryptozoology look at http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry116745

This is a Good pic (also found in the article)

mutant_hybrid.jpg

It shows you the whole thing rather than its head, But to be honest, It looks like something that you would get if you breeded a dog and wolf together.

The chupacabra would have to be alot bigger, because legends say it manhandled, other dogs and Goats, and goats can be pretty powerful.

Also I think in the legend it said about the Chupacabra had long ears, But if you look, This has small ears.

Though just because it was terrorizing other dogs doesn't mean it is that 100%

I seen many dogs terrorizing dogs and people.

Though I think its out there, But it wouldn't be around houses, It be in spain or near by.

To be honest, it's probably just a freak of nature - a mutant or something. Nature evolves through gradual mutation, and then there's also the chance that this is an animal bred from a dog and a wolf, or something like that. Perhaps even a fox or a small bear could also be a parent if it is from two species, spliced together.

Cameron

I found this on a web site \/

"I was searching out one of my favorites paranormal websites and I saw an article about a monster caught on film. It seems to be chasing a deer. This website is all in Spanish, so if you can read Spanish you can check it out. They think that it is a Chupacabra, but it also seems like a demon. Anyway, check out the picture and tell me what do you think."

2vjbgpt.jpg

Great, now I'm imagining a bear and a wolf being together. >_<;; Honestly, I've never heard of the blood draining till just now.

HAhhahaha this has to be one of the funniest quotes on here of all time.

I found this on a web site \/

"I was searching out one of my favorites paranormal websites and I saw an article about a monster caught on film. It seems to be chasing a deer. This website is all in Spanish, so if you can read Spanish you can check it out. They think that it is a Chupacabra, but it also seems like a demon. Anyway, check out the picture and tell me what do you think."

2vjbgpt.jpg

Well I'm a photographer and photoshop user and honestly it looks completely fake. The blurring around the "creature" is different to the blurring everywhere else. You can see brush strokes. The light source seen on the "creatures" right side is stronger than anywhere else in the picture. Plus, look at the light source in the picture altogether. It's pointing down. Plus, the "creatures" eye seems to be a light source. Nice sci-fi fake but definately not real.

• 2 weeks later...