New Approach to Water Distribution Plant

raeyin

People have done fairly well with random clicking, but this is supposed to be a puzzle, right? There should be a method, a solution. It is definitely not a "combination" of the right positions because the outcome of combinations isn't repeatable. However, I've figured out that a sequence of moves IS repeatable. If you start by flooding and then do stuff in the same order, it comes out the same way.

Interestingly, nothing seems to happen when turning valves or switches off. Changes all occur when turning things on. Has anyone else noticed this?

If anyone knows any arguments for or against my idea, please post them. It will help everyone who is stuck on this part.

People have done fairly well with random clicking, but this is supposed to be a puzzle, right? There should be a method, a solution. It is definitely not a "combination" of the right positions because the outcome of combinations isn't repeatable. However, I've figured out that a sequence of moves IS repeatable. If you start by flooding and then do stuff in the same order, it comes out the same way.

Random clicking will only work if you get it by accident. You're on the right track, it's a puzzle that can be completed, and having the same switches and valves in the same position will have the same result. The key to this is finding the specific position of switches and valves that together make up your unique combination.

Random clicking will only work if you get it by accident. You're on the right track, it's a puzzle that can be completed, and having the same switches and valves in the same position will have the same result. The key to this is finding the specific position of switches and valves that together make up your unique combination.

Actually, my point was that putting the switches and valves in the same position does not have the same result. The only way to repeat a result, as far as I can tell, is to repeat the exact sequence of moves in order.

Also, I mentioned on another thread that I created a truth table (a logic tool for binary) and recorded the outcome for every possible combination of positions. None of the combinations got it for me. Other people have tried every combination without getting it, as well. o_O

My hypothesis is that people have a unique sequence, as opposed to a unique combination. Further, I propose that turning a switch on seems to have an effect, but turning one off doesn't. :graduated:

The reason that random clicking seems to work on this part of the plot is because that's what many people have had to resort to. :P