Chapter 10, different inflation rates

MarenP

OK just got to Chapter 10, is there a particular store I should concentrate on. I have noticed that inflation rate for neopia is 2.31% and each of the three stores in Altador is a different rate and different from each other. Any help would be appreciated. I made it this far in a few hours and now not sure what to do. Thanks. M

I just verified this. =/ You are absolutely correct.

Sadly, since this has never happened before.

I would say go with the regular neopian shops and see if it will work.

Neopian Inflation is currently at 2.31%

So you will be needing 231 NPs.

Please post back what happens, so we can update our guide. =D

Wow things happen in a weird pace around here. I was just changing over my inflation rate to Ambrosia, 509 np in the bank and boom a coin appeared in the shop. SO try ambrosia, set your nps to that shop and it should work. Just keep checking. But make sure your np match that shops inflation rate. Seems only Altador has a different inflation rate than all the rest of Neopia. Thanks for the help and all. M

Yup, all you have to do is set your NPs to the current inflation rate in each of the different shops. I was fortunate enough to see somebody else get stuck and figure out the solution with them.

No, you can't get these items from any other shops. In order to see the items in the first place, you MUST take the inflation rate of the Altadorian shop you're in, multiply it by a hundred, and have exactly that number of neopoints with you.

I have problems getting those libra items... I never saw any on the 3 altadorian shops.

I was wondering if we could buy them (in a random person's shop or something) and go to our items' page and look a it. Will that work? And I don't get what the inflation rate has to do with that... :S

I believe those items are non-transferrable, so they can't be sold. At least I never got any coins as a souvenir...

The Libra things aren't actual items (they never appear in your inventory, like the food for the Vaelous) and as a result, there is no way to get them except from the aforementioned method.

The Libra things aren't actual items (they never appear in your inventory, like the food for the Vaelous) and as a result, there is no way to get them except from the aforementioned method.

Yeah, I thought so.

I think your best shot, Fiija, is to check the current inflation rate, get our the according amount of NPs, refresh the page, and wait until it appears. It worked for me that time. :)

Good luck.

Another trick you can try if the item isn't showing up is to try one of the other shops.

I think thats an easy part, i went to the 1 shop of the 3 options, then went to the bank to get the right amount of np, then went to the first shop, no luck, closed the browser, opened the 2 shop, no luck, closed the browser, 3 shop - no luck either, n then the 1 shop again, and there i find that object i was supposed to buy :)

I think thats an easy part, i went to the 1 shop of the 3 options, then went to the bank to get the right amount of np, then went to the first shop, no luck, closed the browser, opened the 2 shop, no luck, closed the browser, 3 shop - no luck either, n then the 1 shop again, and there i find that object i was supposed to buy :)

Yep, continue doing that you'll be fine. I believe it's a cache issue - because it stores it in the cache and to load pages faster, it forgets that little detail - the object you want. :)

This talking about IE, of course. Firefox doesn't have that problem, but anyhow, sometimes clearing your cache can work too. :)

Just a note: in IE the 'cache' is known as the 'temporary internet files folder'. :yes:

Just a note: in IE the 'cache' is known as the 'temporary internet files folder'. :yes:

It's called cache everywhere you go, just IE's options call it something different. In FF it's called Private Data, but cache is stated clearly there. :P

Did it work, btw?

Another trick you can try if the item isn't showing up is to try one of the other shops.

thats what i did ^_^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (TJ) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Les than 7 words [- quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, continue doing that you'll be fine. I believe it's a cache issue - because it stores it in the cache and to load pages faster, it forgets that little detail - the object you want. :)

This talking about IE, of course. Firefox doesn't have that problem, but anyhow, sometimes clearing your cache can work too. :)

So what's up with the cache? I'm a Firefox user so I didn't run into it. Are people just not getting anything until they clear the cashe or close their browsers?

The cache problem is probably something that happens to some people and not to others. :yes: But clearing your cache to be on the safe side is fine.

• 2 months later...

I have been on this one for nearly an hour now, and I still cannot get anything to come up! - I am doing the inflation rate but nothing :crying:................................................................................

Take it back, I went straight back on and changed the inflation rate once more and got it!!

Yeah, if it doesn't work in one shop, try another. I think I already said that somewhere... :P