Should there be an Altador Cup 3?

Crusher

Many people were dissapointed with this year's game, which had very little new content or ideas other than 3 balls, one of which was almost impossible to score with, another which was hard. Also, the new side games added, 'Make Some Noise' and 'Slushie Slinger' detracted a bit from the main game, and had the quality of sponser games. That said, I would love to have a third cup, what do you think?

Crusher

Absolutely yes - despite not having many new ideas, this year's Altador Cup was still great fun, with the harder balls adding a touch of difficulty to the game (I like challenges). I'm looking forward to next year's Altador Cup if they make one, although I think they should shorten the games to a single round robin and then the finals/semi-finals to stop everybody losing interest.

And weren't there 4 new balls? Fire, ice, darigan, clockwork...

I never liked the first one...the game was much too hard for me...the second one I missed completely...but I've never been much of a fan of soccer type computer games. But there's no reason why there shouldn't be one just cos I don't like it! Plots add interest to the game as a whole so they'll probably hold it every year or every few years to coincide with real life sporting stuff

I think they should maybe do it every OTHER year. It takes a whole month's time out of Neopets, they probably can't schedule plots around that time, just because of the cup. I'd rather see more plots, and less cup.

If they did it very other year, it could be cup, plot, cup, plot - or another site event.

I think they should maybe do it every OTHER year. It takes a whole month's time out of Neopets, they probably can't schedule plots around that time, just because of the cup. I'd rather see more plots, and less cup.

If they did it very other year, it could be cup, plot, cup, plot - or another site event.

That would be cool, if they actually DID do a plot in that space of time, rather than having a big empty space of nothingness.

Although I didnt really like the format of the cup this year...

That would be cool, if they actually DID do a plot in that space of time, rather than having a big empty space of nothingness.

Although I didnt really like the format of the cup this year...

Yep, and it'd be nice to have a plot while the USA was not in school. :D I hate how their plots are always toward the beginning of the school year (october) and the end (april, may-ish).

Why can't we have a summer plot. :(

I never was a footie fan, but to do it again will sort of rub it in the wound to those... who aren't as good as they could be. Every two years would be nice- it also gives Neo a chance to work on other things. Could you imagine they had a war and it carried into Altador cup? They'd stop half-way through battle to watch yooyuball. I agree with TJ.

Just to clarify, the new balls were the Robot, Normal and Darigan ones. Although the Normal Yooyu wasn't usable as a ball last year, it was a buyable prize from the cup prize shop as a petpet. The Robot and Darigan were both prizes this year, with the Darigan as a petpet and the Robot as a toy.

Cameron

Ah, I see. Hmm... I like plots about as much as I like the Altador Cup, so once every alternate year sounds like a good idea as well.

Random idea: Altador Cup plot

There's no plot during the summer because that's when most people are taking holidays... which probably include some of neopets staff as well. The cup is easier to run during that period of time.

I would be up for AC3... even if it's evil to slave ourselves at yooyuball XD

To be honest the main reasons I liked this year's Altador Cup was that my prizes were worth about 30k in total(which is a lot considering I didn't actually play that much) and that there were sideline games to play if I got sick of yooyuball.

I sold my Angry Techo Garden Gnome 5 minutes after the prize shop opened. It was was one of three on the SW when I searched, and it made 35k in 10 minutes. That's what I call profit.

Cameron

Lucky you - thanks to differing time zones, I only got my Altador Cup prizes about a day late. They still made me a good profit though, enough to make me play the next Altador Cup if there is one.

I had already used all my points by the time I saw how much it was selling for. I had just enough to buy another one and sell that a day later for 15k, before I ended up with no points and the price of it plummeted.

~Cameron~

• 2 weeks later...

Without a doubt. It was a huge event that got a lot of players on neopets a lot more often than usual. It's a great advertising opportunity for TNT, plus we have a lot of fun with it... why wouldn't they?

• 1 month later...

I would like there to be a third cup mainly so I can get a trophy. *Hehe*

I quite liked the AC. But I agree that it should only be one round robin long (not that it affected me, I didn't join the AC til the second round robin :D ), because people will lose interest in playing.