Question on the Water Plant Puzzle

fun_time_mathias

I'm confused from the two guides I read. One, a guide I found written by a Neopets user that is very useful, says I have 10 minutes to try and solve it and then I have to reset it and try again. But the TDN site doesn't specify if there's a time limit but when I went through their method of trying all 256 possible solutions with the help of a chart, that didn't work. Did I do something wrong or should I do the 10 minute limit tries and see if that works? Thank you in advance for any help.

When I was doing it, I just did random clicking. So yeah. I'm no help.

But from what I remember, there was no time limit. Unless that time limit was when the plant breaks, but that wasn't every 10 minutes, surely?!

No, my plant never broke and I'm on dial-up, so that was a good hour and a half of clicking every solution with a small break to get some lunch.

I didn't ever encounter a time limit... I did mine and two friends Plot's so... For the first two people I just clicked at random, and it seemed to work, Actually finished it in minutes... For the third guy it took me nearly two days of on and off trying, I finally used the tally system and got it in about an hour or so...

Tried the tally system again, still nothing. Is it alright if I accidentally do some of them twice? This part of the plot is infuriating, I don't think I'm ever gonna solve the plot because of this puzzle sadly.

Sadly, even though you've gone through every combination, it's probably best to click randomly. Usually it won't take more that 2 clicks to get it... which sucks.

I spent days on it trying every combination for a few days and then just random clicking for a few more.

Try going into the plant, then click one valve and if it doesn't work then reset with the OOOOOOOO. Go through all the valves just clicking one then reseting. Then click 2 and reset. Keep track of the possibilities and make sure you do them all. Then move to 3 or 4 if you still don't get it. That's the only other way I've known people could get it.

Never give up... It can be frustrating. If it doesn't work and you're getting annoyed step away. It's not going anywhere. Come back the next day or something. Also I find that when I was getting really annoyed it was just good fun to flood altador by setting everything to 0. Just made me feel better.

Yes, massive destruction is always fun, hence a reason I still play Sim City. I'll keep trying, and thanks for all your help everybody, it means a lot that people are willing to help out so much.