Neopets Premium

SimplyTragic

I was looking at Neopets Premium and seen that you can change your neopet species once a year. What do the mean exactly?  Is it just the species in a basic color? Like a Woodland Grarrl to a Yellow Hissi for example??

The colour of the pet moves with the species change providing the pet you are morphing into has that colour. So a Woodland Kau could become a Woodland Hissi.

There is however a workaround to get a pet of any colour through the perk. If the species you are morphing into does not have the colour your pet is currently painted, then you can pick any colour you want.

So the Hissi for instance does not have Sketch as a colour. So if I morphed the pet I wanted to change species into a Sketch Acara, then started the Premium Perk and picked Hissi, it will tell me that the Hissi doesn't come in that colour. I can then pick ANY Hissi colour I want. Including lab only colours like Chocolate. That's how I got my MSP Poogle.

21 hours ago, SimplyTragic said:

I was looking at Neopets Premium and seen that you can change your neopet species once a year. What do the mean exactly?  Is it just the species in a basic color? Like a Woodland Grarrl to a Yellow Hissi for example??

I'm able to use my species change. I clicked on it and copied what it says. Every thing below I copied. Hope this helps answer your question.

Change your Neopet Species!

You have the chance to give any of your lovely Neopets a fresh face by changing their species! Choose wisely, you are only given this chance once a year! Also note, some of your current wearables might be detached if they are not compatible with the species you choose.

Note: If your current Neopet colour is not available for the species you choose, you will have to choose a new colour from a list of available colours.