Oof, pinata's are painful in the new inventory

Secre

I mean, they weren't fun before but now the page reloads every time it's just mind numbingly tedious.

I've done 16 out of 52. And so far I'm not having good luck either

6 points: 6x Jelly Bean Pirate Chest, 3x Candy Pirate Earrings 

2 points: 7x Pirate Hat Toffees, 4x Pawkeet Pencil Sharpener, 6x Fire Candy Buttons, 4x Glowing Top, 4x Buried Treasure Crackers, 4x Rice Crackers, 3x Wooden Pirate Ship, 2x Stripy Spinning Top

1 point: 3x Altador Yoyo, 2x Dipped Orange Bonbon

Urgh. And there's 36 to go...

the page reloading every single time is really aggravating and now that we can't even get back to the original they NEED to come up with something its N O T an improvement at all, i've avoided anything like pinatas for this reason now

I feel the same with feeding pets, especially items like Pizzas. With the old inventory windows, you could just go back with the arrow keys and refeed them until it was gone, but now you MUST wait for the whole inventory page to reload. It is INDEED frustrating!

I haven't done anything with pinatas yet, is there an avatar or something for smashing them?

If you go to the neopets index, then click on a neopet, you can feed them or play with items in your inventory faster than from the inventory page. I don't know if the avatar for the pinata works that way though.

image.thumb.png.8332a9be3e424acba0007c3cd2022e1d.png

On 4/15/2023 at 3:14 AM, aaml said:

the page reloading every single time is really aggravating and now that we can't even get back to the original they NEED to come up with something its N O T an improvement at all, i've avoided anything like pinatas for this reason now

I wish I'd got through my backlog before the new inventory became the only inventory. Poor planning on my behalf, but yep, definitely NOT an improvement. I'll refrain from buying any more. It's not as though I actually need the CC points in honesty. If CC ever happens again.

On 4/15/2023 at 4:27 AM, Aranel said:

Uggggh, hard agree. I totally avoid anything that requires that kind of repeated option now because it's SO annoying and time-consuming. I wish you luck with your efforts!

I got stuck at the 36 mark as number 36 was at about 40 hits and counting and my irritation got the best of me. 

On 4/16/2023 at 12:04 AM, Aquamentis12 said:

I feel the same with feeding pets, especially items like Pizzas. With the old inventory windows, you could just go back with the arrow keys and refeed them until it was gone, but now you MUST wait for the whole inventory page to reload. It is INDEED frustrating!

I haven't done anything with pinatas yet, is there an avatar or something for smashing them?

I stick my pets in the flea hotel and be done with it, I'm afraid.

There is: https://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/pinatas-amp-candy

But it's only for the first pinata you break. I'm hunting 'cheaper' CC items as you can often buy the Pawkeet ones at a very low price and they have the possibility of one or two six point items in them. Which is how I came to have a stockload. Bought them whenever I saw them cheap and then couldn't be bothered to break them. Only I waited too long and now I have to do it via the new inventory. 

I used to just re-click on the item in the old inventory and it would 'refresh it'. No reloading, no back button. Just use it in the pop up and then click on the item again in the full window. Why do they have to make things more tedious...

On 4/16/2023 at 3:58 AM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

If you go to the neopets index, then click on a neopet, you can feed them or play with items in your inventory faster than from the inventory page. I don't know if the avatar for the pinata works that way though.

image.thumb.png.8332a9be3e424acba0007c3cd2022e1d.png

Oooh, I'll have to try that and see if it's any quicker. I'll report back!