Faerie's Hope: Lost Fragments Begins!

hrtbrk

From March 15th - 22nd, collect five daily shards scattered across Faerieland and Faerie City to use in a points shop after the event is over! Collecting five shards on day of release will reward 5 prize shop points while collecting them the day after will reward 1.

Head to the Headquarters to begin!

walien_faeries_hope_lost_fragments.png

VIEW OUR GUIDE

Yep, five points per shard if collected on the first day. 1 point per shard if collected after. Five shards per day.

So I have 30 points as I didn't pick up on the event until today, so 'missed' yesterdays shards. I could collect them today, but only got one point for them. 

Anyone else already plotting prizes? I want the Faerie P2PB as a definite. I've been after one of those forever! I'm looking at one of the BD items as a second main prize; either the shield or the bomb. And then the stamp for selling purposes. I'll have 155 points I think if I get to it every day after missing the first day.

@Secre Does that mean that when you went to Faerieland today, you had 10 total shards to collect right off the bat, or did it take a few refreshes to get them all to appear bit by bit? I've done my two days in a row now and I can't tell if they're appearing all at once and it's just taking me several tries to spot them all, or if they really do meter out over refreshes and I'm not crazy for needing to go back and forth a few times.

I grabbed Varia is the Bomb first thing yesterday, and so far it's pretty darn impressive. A 25-icon weapon for five clicks on my screen was too good for me to pass up.

@Secre OMG, that was me yesterday with the Wheel of Excitement!! They mentioned looking for sparkles, and as soon as I saw that wheel (that I see, like, every day, so what was I thinking??), I had ultra tunnel vision.

1 hour ago, missuninvited said:

@Secre OMG, that was me yesterday with the Wheel of Excitement!! They mentioned looking for sparkles, and as soon as I saw that wheel (that I see, like, every day, so what was I thinking??), I had ultra tunnel vision.

Glad it's not just me! I tried at least three times before twigging that this wasn't working and I probably should try something else!

I had all of them at once as well, they are divided into both locations though. First day I had four in Faerieland and only one in the city. Today I had 2 in Faerieland in 3 in the city.

I will not get any items with my points that are for sale in the Hidden tower. I'll keep my points for items that are unique like the TCG, the bomb, books and stamp.

I got the snowglobe and the stamp. I still want the bomb, the books and the food but I'm going to wait and see if the prices shake out so it's better to buy one of the PBs and sell it rather than buying them directly. The horn and the gummies I want for my galleries but those will probably end up super cheap so I'll just pick those up for NPs if possible.

The prizes are neat, I just wish that the event had more of an interesting puzzle to it! It's so easy that the items just feel like they're free which I personally don't like.

17 hours ago, Duma said:

I had all of them at once as well, they are divided into both locations though. First day I had four in Faerieland and only one in the city. Today I had 2 in Faerieland in 3 in the city.

I will not get any items with my points that are for sale in the Hidden tower. I'll keep my points for items that are unique like the TCG, the bomb, books and stamp.

That's a good cop. Things like the stamp and exclusive prizes are more likely to increase in value I guess. I'm still hankering after the Faerie PPPB mind you!

I started off wanting the two PB's and the stamp. I've veered away from the Faerie PB. The prices are likely to reduce quite severely in the coming days and I have no real need for it anyway, unlike the PPBB which I have a plan for. I'm edging closer to the bomb as I can get the shield from the HT and it wasn't my 'top' shield anyway - that goes to the Hubrid Nox Shield. 

The PPPB, bomb and stamp bring me to 105 points. If I'm right on my 

1 hour ago, berriganify said:

I got the snowglobe and the stamp. I still want the bomb, the books and the food but I'm going to wait and see if the prices shake out so it's better to buy one of the PBs and sell it rather than buying them directly. The horn and the gummies I want for my galleries but those will probably end up super cheap so I'll just pick those up for NPs if possible.

The prizes are neat, I just wish that the event had more of an interesting puzzle to it! It's so easy that the items just feel like they're free which I personally don't like.

Oh I agree completely. It's not a plot or even an event really, although it's a nice hit to scalpers and hoarders everywhere, it would be better if the plot was more involved. I'm also a tad peeved that they didn't do the usual thing of having day 1 be 1.5 days. For every other event they give that small amount of leeway for the first day!

11 hours ago, Secre said:

Oh I agree completely. It's not a plot or even an event really, although it's a nice hit to scalpers and hoarders everywhere, it would be better if the plot was more involved. I'm also a tad peeved that they didn't do the usual thing of having day 1 be 1.5 days. For every other event they give that small amount of leeway for the first day!

Yeah, not having a 1.5 day was a real blow to people in certain time zones. I guess they just forgot? It's been really glitchy too, apparently, some people are getting more shards and some less than five. But what else is new with this site lol?

Yeah at least it's bringing down the paint brush prices, the faerie PPPB in particular was just grossly inflated. Hopefully everything will settle back at its pre-inflation prices like what happened with the Halloween PB!

I am worrying that I may have goofed with buying the snowglobe right off the bat, though. 🥲 I was assuming everyone would be so focused on the PBs that it wouldn't drop that much, but it's already nearing 1M, which at that point I would have just bought it myself. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

i'm glad they made it easy.  i'm tired when i log into neopets so i'd rather not be scratching my head trying to figure something out.  and i suppose all ages and skill levels can do it.   the 'plot' is probably just an advert for the neopets game/app for mobile phones.  

i haven't given much thought about which prizes i want.  probably the bomb and shield.  the PB would be nice but the market will probably flood and they'll be affordable to buy with NPs for a while.

7 hours ago, Gaevriel said:

and i suppose all ages and skill levels can do it.

This is something that I actually think is really important! I remember being frustrated as a kid that I wasn't very good at some parts of the site, like certain games, because inexperienced kid (lol). Now I'm a bona fide adult, and I have manual dexterity issues due to a medical condition. I think it's great that they're rewarding player commitment (logging in every day, doing a few clicks) over brute skill for this one. It's so much more accessible and it's fairly attainable for all Neopians. Amen to that!

1 hour ago, missuninvited said:

I remember being frustrated as a kid that I wasn't very good at some parts of the site, like certain games, because inexperienced kid (lol).

yes! same here.  between spending my days in school and having my parents restrict my online time, i wasn't able to dedicate myself to getting good at the tougher games, and puzzles? forget it.  lol    i relied a lot on freebies and easies.   now that i'm much older, smarter, patient, hard working.....i still appreciate the freebies and easies. 😁

Fair enough. My work is pretty brain-dead so when I play games I'm mainly looking for something that IS mentally stimulating, or has the ability to set long-term goals to save up for, which... yeah, Neopets has pretty much lost almost all of that aspect of itself. No more long-term plots, and apart from a few exceptions in the hidden tower, everything is either free or so inflated you're just endlessly chasing an ever-rising price tag. Or glitched. *shakes fist at the lab ray*

Haha, I was also absolute garbage at the earlier plots and puzzles, also because kid, but I was looking forward to having a crack at them when I came back... except there's no more of them anymore! :crying_anim: It's disappointing but I guess that's just the direction the site is moving in. At least there's still the creative side of the site, honestly if that wasn't there I would be long gone.

i hear ya.  i think i'm only sticking around because i'd like to see if the glitches get unglitched and i'm hoping for new non-flash games.   i'm not holding my breath for much longer though.  i can only spin wheels and lose FC bets for so long before i pass out.

Did anyone catch the name of the spell that is going to be used once all the shards are collected? It is Secret Code #1 on the neocash giveaway and I don't remember what was said and can't figure out a way to get them to repeat the opening dialogue now that I've started the game.

I also missed a day and found 4 of the 5 shards I would have gotten so now I'm down one shard and have successfully found 5 logging in on time for each day. But that missing shard is annoying me.

I figured it out. Silly me forgetting I had secondary accounts.  It is Gift of Calabrus if anyone else needs the answer.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

Well I managed to spend all my points without any leftovers. Got the snowglobe, stamp, and bomb, plus the history of faerieland, neophite's notes, journal, buzz charm and a sparklecake. Still need to get a second sparklecake and the nimmo book, but the journal didn't disappear when I read it, so I was able to swap it for two of the employment handbooks!

Oh yeah I need the horn and the gummies too but those should be super cheap in a couple weeks.

I was surprised not to see some sort of wrap-up message (like a "thanks for your help/now we can XYZ" cutscene type popup) after collecting the last shard and redeeming my points today. Do we have any idea what might happen tomorrow? Anything special for the conclusion of the event?

5 minutes ago, missuninvited said:

I was surprised not to see some sort of wrap-up message (like a "thanks for your help/now we can XYZ" cutscene type popup) after collecting the last shard and redeeming my points today. Do we have any idea what might happen tomorrow? Anything special for the conclusion of the event?

The 22nd is listed as the "last day" of the event so I expect it will be then.