Whom do you like to battle? And why? Join us and share!

Battlers often have one or more favorite opponent(s) to fight. Whether it's the character itself, the prizes that can be won (for whatever reason), or maybe it simply fits their current or preferred battle-set?

So here we invite anyone and everyone to share with us all which 1p opponents you like to battle and why. Do you like to battle against other Neopians in 2-player battles? Tell us about that too!

You can either simply say which 1p opponents you like to battle and why, or you can link to their profile from the list of Active Challengers here.
https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/secret-challengers

RULES: Respect people's decisions as to whom they fight.
In regards to 2-player fighters, do NOT post the usernames or pet names of those you battle in 2p without their permission!

It's OK to say if you are open to 2p challenges from other players or not.

Unless there is a Battleground of the Obelisk war going on I fight the Giant Space Fungus on hard! The drops are awesome with nerkmids and bubbling fungus as prizes! I can also 3 hit KO him without taking any damage! Here is how. And I think this only works for Lenny's but I'm not sure I use lens flare and Entangling Lenny Lasso  with one of the swords of! Why two freezers? Well Entangling Lenny Lasso takes effect the next turn! So he takes two turns frozen! Turn two I use Ghostkerbomb one of the Sword of's and an An Icicle! This takes most of his health for the last turn I use both Sword of's and freeze him once again with Warlock's Rage! Then its over! I know that this strategy is situantional but it works for me. If anyone wants to fight my pet I am open to 2 player fights! However I'm not very good at two player fights because I'm out of practice! I'm ashamed to admit I did not know it was even working after the battledome update ...

Also I do NOT want to change any of my equipment because it took me YEARS to save up for it... so I will not be doing leagues because I also have the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield equiped.  If you still want to fight my pet for fun just let me know!

I don't do 2 pet battles because my battle pet isn't up for it.  She'd be crushed, and I'd be quite sad to get her hurt. 

I tend to do the ones like Boochi or the defender robot from Kreludor (forgetting his name atm) that I can battle on hard and take out in one round with lens flare, though after I've won my daily np limit, occasionally I'll move to another one that has low enough HP that I can do them in one round for items and just general variety.

I've only battled in 1P battles and it's been awhile too aside from the obelisk battles when there was someone in need of an avatar. I usually fight Koi Warrior for the codestones. Walein would work too but in my own small test I got a few more reds from Koi than I got from Walein. That test was done years ago and I don't know if anything changed since then but if I battle I'll battle Koi as I'm always in need of red codestones once I start training again. I've been too busy in real life to actually do a lot on Neopets but I think battling and training would be one of the first things I start doing again once I have the time for it.

If they ever bring back the Defenders of Neopia I would certainly come back to battling and training more.

Hey all, thanks for posting!

@mewthree21 Sounds like you've got some sound strategies! I use my freezer with Lens Flare (or Warlock's Rage as well) sometimes for extended damage without getting hurt. Helps with some of the trickier/stronger opponents.

@GillyTook The stronger your pet gets, the less likely they are to get "hurt". 😉 Keep getting stronger! :D TDN's 1p opponent profiles also have prizes listed, including some that are exclusive to fighting certain challengers at certain difficulty levels. They can be fun to go after and a good challenge.

@Duma I've heard Koi Warrior is popular for Codestones too.  That's cool you conducted your own test and found that you can get more from him than Walein.

Oh yeah, I eagerly await the return of Defenders of Neopia! Those were fun challenges! Sometimes they took a LOT of thinking to figure out how to beat the opponents, especially since I was always underpowered with a low budget back then! lol

I used to really enjoy going after Jelly Chia. I mean sure even on MIGHTY he was easy, but in testing to see what he dropped for his profile, I got a TON of spooky food, and for awhile, the book and Stamps he dropped were good NP for me. (He can drop Jelly Mysteries, Jelly Pop Stamp and Jelly World Stamp).

I also enjoyed battling Tekkitu, even in the old BD before there were prizes for winning. Just a fun character to beat up on. lol

From DoN, Commander Garoo took a LOT of thinking to figure out how to beat him. I don't have a screenshot of that battle, only the comic-aftermath. BUt, Garoo was tricky because of his Brown Clockwork Grundo doing MASSIVE earth damage. Took me quite a while to formulate a defense and beat him with a tiny budget! Below in the spoiler, is a screenshot from when I beat Tekkitu the Witch Doctor, which was the DoN challenger after Commander Garoo. My pet was weaker when I took on Garoo. lol

image.png

These days, before battling for the Obelisk Skirmishes, I like to battle the Shadow Usul, for some of it's potential-themed prizes, and just because it's fun to one-round win. Well, usually it's one-round. If G-bomb and Blazing Embers have a low damage from their variable offense then it can sometimes be 2 rounds. lol I don't battle nearly as much as I used to. I did a couple events/tournaments in the old days of the idb.finalhit battlepedia site that used to exist. They were fun, but it sometimes involved 2p battles, and that could be tricky to meet up with someone online with differing timezones and all.

I really prefer 1p battling, but for weapon testing, I'll do a 2p battle if I have to. lol Oh and unless there's a specific reason not to, I prefer battling on the Mighty difficulty. lol

• 9 months later...

I always do 1 player battles. These days I'm always battling Tekkitu the Witch Doctor, Plumbeard, and Mootix Warrior. I find the drops tend to sell for good prices. In the past I have battled Giant Spectral Mutant Walein, Evil Sloth Clone, and Kauvara. My pet I'd say is pretty high in stats.

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 12.58.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 12.58.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 12.58.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 12.58.57 AM.png

Hi @sunny098! Tekkitu if kind of fun to battle isn't he? XD I haven't fought him in some time. But he is a fun one. lol Those are some nice scores and battle numbers you've shared. Very nice! ^_^

Your stats are looking pretty strong! Your strength is just over the 600 boost, and your defense is close to reaching it! After that, there are only 3 more boosts to achieve for Strength and Defense, capping off when you get them to 750. So you're well on your way! :D
Thanks for your interest in this thread. If you would like to show off your battle set, or have it evaluated, we've got another thread for that, here.

https://tdnforums.com/topic/56298-got-a-cool-battle-set-want-it-rated-post-here/

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sunny098 said:

I recently battling Ryshu the Nimmo too. I haven't gotten to the point where I can 2 hit KO him without getting damaged all the time, but it has been fun.

Screenshot2023-12-10112002.thumb.png.5bed3f30162eef4102b3dccd3dbd315e.png

Cool @sunny098! The battledome SHOULD be fun, so I'm glad to hear you're still having fun with your challengers! ^_^  Have you been training your stats since your last post? Getting your Strength and Defence to the maximum boosts at 750 will certainly help you, and hopefully, depending on your set too, will allow you to beat Ryshu more easily. 🙂

Your stats are doing pretty well! Red stones are kind of expensive these days, since people are training up for the upcoming battle plot. Do you train using Kitchen Quests? If you don't already know, you can complete 10 on-site quests per day. Completing any Kitchen, Snow Faerie, Edna, etc. all count toward these 10 quests.

I'm gonna post about KQs and FQCs just in case you don't know them, if you do, great, then the info is here for people who may not know about them. 😉

Kitchen Quests can give you a pretty junky item, an amount of NP usually under 1,000np, or a 1 point gain in a random stat. I recommend giving yourself a budget limit, since the non-stat rewards aren't worth much. I usually stick to around 5,000np or less for Kitchen Quests. Or, if you buy NC, there's also the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie from the NC Mall. They are 100nc each and last for 9 days. 9x24 hours. You get one quest per day, ANY Random Faerie Quest can happen. The Quest Refresh boon from some of the Obelisk factions works on them too. These can be a great way to train as the stat boosts are usually 3 points per quest. With a couple exceptions. Soup Faerie quests raise 2 stats by 2 points each. Light Faerie Quests I believe award you with 2 levels, not 3. (Been awhile since I last checked) Space Faerie still gives a load of levels, and Fyora still ups your level, strength and HP nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sunny098 said:

That was a close one!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 090045 - Resize.png

Congrats! Ryshu can be tricky!

I see that you've got a Purple Scorchstone for your Healer. I would recommend selling it and getting a cheaper, but more effective, Feel Better Soup.  The cheapest I saw on the Super Shop Wiz is 655,555 NP. What it does: Feel Better Soup, heals 50% of your MAX HP, and defends against ALL air icons Once Per Battle.
Actually, at your level, the new advent calendar healer would be good too, if you don't want to spend any NP on the Feel Better Soup.

The Holiday Memories item heals 20% of your max HP, blocks 100% of Fire, Dark and Physical once per battle. Not sure what it's selling for on the SSW if you don't have one, but I saw one in a shop for around 180k the other day. So probably still around there.

I just learned today from this thread that defense and strength cap off at 750. Oops. I don't really actively train anymore. This is from using faerie quest fortune cookies on and off over several years. I actively ignore the air quests, maybe I should do the same for the fire and water faeries. 

image.png.13b31c132120db08d181ed85a0b1e2fe.png

5 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I just learned today from this thread that defense and strength cap off at 750. Oops. I don't really actively train anymore. This is from using faerie quest fortune cookies on and off over several years. I actively ignore the air quests, maybe I should do the same for the fire and water faeries. 

First off, I'm glad this thread was helpful to you! ^_^
LOL Secondly, that's fine, you should see my peophin's stats, ALL of his stats, except for movement and level, are over 3,000. Like you, I use Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies, and I've only been ignoring the Air Faerie quests. At these stat levels, that your pet and my pet have. The only stat that really matters is Endurance/HP. I do the non-HP, non-Air-faerie quests, as long as they are not very expensive, just to kind of keep things somewhat balanced and JUST in case TNT extends the Strength and Defense boosts beyond 750/16. Given the power of some opponents, like Snowager even on Medium difficulty for example, they really should give us an increase in the maximum boost, imho.

But it's far more economic (in NP) to only do those that will or might increase your pet's HP. Though, you might complete only a couple of quests per cookie then, making it's overall value (NC-real money) lessened, imho.

On 1/3/2024 at 10:59 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Congrats! Ryshu can be tricky!

I see that you've got a Purple Scorchstone for your Healer. I would recommend selling it and getting a cheaper, but more effective, Feel Better Soup.  The cheapest I saw on the Super Shop Wiz is 655,555 NP. What it does: Feel Better Soup, heals 50% of your MAX HP, and defends against ALL air icons Once Per Battle.
Actually, at your level, the new advent calendar healer would be good too, if you don't want to spend any NP on the Feel Better Soup.

The Holiday Memories item heals 20% of your max HP, blocks 100% of Fire, Dark and Physical once per battle. Not sure what it's selling for on the SSW if you don't have one, but I saw one in a shop for around 180k the other day. So probably still around there.

I'll be honest with you. I'm waiting for the Yellow Kacheek Morphing Potion to come down in price. I already have a Kacheek Life Potion in my SDB. :D I also found Holiday Memories in my SDB too. I guess I must have gotten it on the Advent Calender and didn't notice it. I stick everything from the Advent Calendar into my SDB unless it is a wearable, those go into my closet. 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:29 AM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Wow, that is amazing! You did overtrain quite a bit though. 😂 Do you not battle in the Battledome enough to notice it's not doing anything?

1 hour ago, sunny098 said:

I'll be honest with you. I'm waiting for the Yellow Kacheek Morphing Potion to come down in price. I already have a Kacheek Life Potion in my SDB. :D I also found Holiday Memories in my SDB too. I guess I must have gotten it on the Advent Calender and didn't notice it. I stick everything from the Advent Calendar into my SDB unless it is a wearable, those go into my closet.

Ah! Well that's fine then. I'm glad you've got a plan. ^_^ lol They've been giving out some interesting items in the Advent Calendar the last couple of years, actual DECENT battle items. lol

Good luck with your future battles! :D