Got a cool Battle-set? Want it rated? POST HERE!

Do you think your Battle-set is HOT?! Post and let your fellow battlers rate it! Tell us about your pet and show us how AWESOME your set is, or isn't, and we'll tell you what we think and give you insight on how you might improve it, if you want!

RULES: NO Derisive/insulting comments!

If you want to trade an item, please post about it at this thread!

Please back up your ratings with more than just 3/10! Just leaving a basic numerical rating doesn't actually help anyone improve their set. So give some REAL feedback too! :D

ALL set-levels are welcome! Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Elite, Legendary! :D

Hi @Aquamentis12 I have updated Shimmer's battledome set a little take a look! All of the slots are permanent save for the Downsize! that if I need fire defence I swap it out for the Golden Garfir Helm. I have also been training like you said too I'm now only using faerie quests to train agility and using codestones AND quests to train up strength defence and endurance as needed. Strength is still higher then my other stats because I keep getting faerie quests that raise it XD Also I think this is an Advanced set but I'm not sure? 371439766_Shimmersupdatedbattledomeset.jpg.f727d52a3d7e57f49d81f4f95e628cc2.jpg

Her ablilities are as follows244991397_Shimmersability.jpg.b372bf66d06c372e717730193bba7243.jpg

The page is still buggy but it works the same way. Please let me know what you think !

For faerie abilities, I've got static cling and lens flare.  I've been going back and forth between books (TOO pricey, hahaha) or battledome to get a couple grand extra coming in each day.  Of course I can do BD with less difficult enemies and still get that, so it's not completely needed here, but it'd be nice.  (and I've read gazillions of BD strategy or weapon guides and exactly zero of them have ever made sense to me.)

image.png.738812f7cbc6ac9371b15f1950f3470b.png

I haven't changed my set in ages either. Maybe it's time I spent some more time on training and improving my set, even though it's quite good already. If anyone has any advice feel free to share it with me! I'm open to suggestions. I only battle 1P but getting better in plots would certainly be awesome! Mostly I use Kelpbeards Trident and the Sword of Reif. Also, as for my healer, that one is less likely to be changed as it's really good for Kacheeks. The "Destruct-O-Match III" weapon might still be in there from testing it out back when we got it, same goes for the Blazing Embers.

image.png

As for my abilities, well, yeah, I'm pretty happy with these. I usually use Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage:

image.png

49 minutes ago, mewthree21 said:

Hi @Aquamentis12 I have updated Shimmer's battledome set a little take a look! All of the slots are permanent save for the Downsize! that if I need fire defence I swap it out for the Golden Garfir Helm. I have also been training like you said too I'm now only using faerie quests to train agility and using codestones AND quests to train up strength defence and endurance as needed. Strength is still higher then my other stats because I keep getting faerie quests that raise it XD Also I think this is an Advanced set but I'm not sure?

Her ablilities are as follows

The page is still buggy but it works the same way. Please let me know what you think !

That's a really good set you have there! The only thing I would maybe change in the future is get a stealer for when that part of the BD is working again. As for training, your agility is already high enough to use the weapons that require a high speed, so unless you want to keep it even I would focus on defense and strength.

28 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

For faerie abilities, I've got static cling and lens flare.  I've been going back and forth between books (TOO pricey, hahaha) or battledome to get a couple grand extra coming in each day.  Of course I can do BD with less difficult enemies and still get that, so it's not completely needed here, but it'd be nice.  (and I've read gazillions of BD strategy or weapon guides and exactly zero of them have ever made sense to me.)

Lens flare is definitely the ability to go! As for your weapons, the thisleberry pingrenade is a really good bomb until you go for the more expensive bombs. As for your tonic, I would upgrade it to a Greater Healing Scroll (50 HP), a Potion of Healing (For pets with HP 180 or less: 90 HP) or, since your intelligence is above 500, Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic (75 HP + some defence). I would exchange the Winged Palm Blade or the Shining Celesta Sword for Blazing Embers, which does the same amount of damage as the Sword of Malum. Or get the Stone Foam Finger or Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy depending on the icons you need/want.

16 minutes ago, Duma said:

That's a really good set you have there! The only thing I would maybe change in the future is get a stealer for when that part of the BD is working again. As for training, your agility is already high enough to use the weapons that require a high speed, so unless you want to keep it even I would focus on defense and strength.

Thank you @Duma! That is a good idea about the stealer when they fix it! When they do I will think about putting it in rotation with Downsize! and the Golden Garfir Helm! As for training I'm just using air faerie quests to train it right now but I will stop when the bar gets full for completion.

6 hours ago, mewthree21 said:

Hi @Aquamentis12 I have updated Shimmer's battledome set a little take a look! All of the slots are permanent save for the Downsize! that if I need fire defence I swap it out for the Golden Garfir Helm. I have also been training like you said too I'm now only using faerie quests to train agility and using codestones AND quests to train up strength defence and endurance as needed. Strength is still higher then my other stats because I keep getting faerie quests that raise it XD Also I think this is an Advanced set but I'm not sure? 371439766_Shimmersupdatedbattledomeset.jpg.f727d52a3d7e57f49d81f4f95e628cc2.jpg

Her ablilities are as follows244991397_Shimmersability.jpg.b372bf66d06c372e717730193bba7243.jpg

Hi @mewthree21 Nice work updating your set! As Duma suggested, when stealing gets fixed in the BD, it will definitely be something you could look into. With your agility I'd recommend looking at a Heavy Robe of Thievery. It's a 100% steal once per battle that steals a random weapon/item.

And yes I'd agree that your set is Advanced. 🙂

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

image.png.738812f7cbc6ac9371b15f1950f3470b.png

Hi @GillyTook! Wow! Your set has weapons that are a real BLAST from the past! They are fun to see! XD But some of those I haven't seen since they came out. If you don't mind me asking, what about battling confuses you? On your set, you've got a LOT of offensive weapons. But not much on the Defense. Looking at your set, I would Keep the Sword of Malum, and for another Constant, you could choose from among Winged Palm Blade, Reflecting Vanities,or Fiendish Key since they do about 11-16 icons of damage. Or, you could stick with the Yooyu Knuckle Duster since it does a constant of 14 icons, a little more reliable in that sense of not doing variable damage. Your bomb, the Thistleberry Pingrenade is fine, and Oasis Tonic is good for your healer for now too. I'd rate your set as a beginner set right now, just because it's all offense and your pet's stats are balanced, not set up for an all-offensive pet. Duma gave some great advice, if you have Blazing Embers, it's basically like having a duplicate Sword of Malum. For defense, it does kind of depend on who you fight, but Downsize! (Not "Downsize Power Plus!") is a good and cheap defender as it blocks 50% of damage Once Per Battle, and only costs a few thousand NP either in the Defence magic shop or in the player market via the Shop Wiz. If you'd like full set help, please post a topic in TDN Forums Battledome forum with your current set, like you did here. Please include a rough budget estimate for how much you'd like to spend on equipment upgrades, and if you want to fight only some specific enemies, those opponents, and we can help tailor some equipment recommendations for you. "Budget" Battling is my specialty. 😉

5 hours ago, Duma said:

I haven't changed my set in ages either. Maybe it's time I spent some more time on training and improving my set, even though it's quite good already. If anyone has any advice feel free to share it with me! I'm open to suggestions. I only battle 1P but getting better in plots would certainly be awesome! Mostly I use Kelpbeards Trident and the Sword of Reif. Also, as for my healer, that one is less likely to be changed as it's really good for Kacheeks. The "Destruct-O-Match III" weapon might still be in there from testing it out back when we got it, same goes for the Blazing Embers.

image.png

As for my abilities, well, yeah, I'm pretty happy with these. I usually use Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage:

image.png

@Duma, not a bad set! Not much on Defense, but with the way Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage work now, there's not as much need for Defense if you've got a strong pet and/or a strong offense. You're getting really close to maxing out your Strength and Defense, so I'd recommend focusing more on that than buying new weapons. Blazing Embers and the DoM weapon could be swapped for some defensive gear, which might benefit you greatly in the next battle plot. You could also use those slots for your variable slots. Same with the slot for the Heavy Robe of Thievery if TNT doesn't fix stealing before the next battle plot. I don't know what your budget might be. But with a strong defense, even mediocre shields like Leaf Shield or Flaming Oven Gloves could be helpful. Of course, those items are on the real cheap end of things for shields. 😉 I'd rate your set at Intermediate.

THANKS for posting in this new topic! Let's keep it going and keep it fun and helpful! I'll post my set soon. So be prepared to be underwelmed! ;D

EDIT: MY Intermediate set!

image.png

My Faerie Abilities lean more toward the defensive side of things, and I edited the screenshot so my last ability would show up.

The bottom two items, Roxton's Trusty Bowie Knife and The Moar Blade are there for testing purposes. Normally, one of those 2 slots would be taken up with a Mysterious Red Potion, that has a weak 5-icon attack, but heals 25% of your max HP when your current HP is below 25% and it can be equipped with other healers.

Bag of Healing Dust cost me the most, around 11mil at the time. Then G-Bomb that I traded for to replace my honey potion that I actually earned early on from Illusen's Quests, then Golden Peophin Harp about 2 mil + a PB though I forget which one at the moment, and then Downsize! for the things I BOUGHT. Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum were plot prizes, so they were free. lol 😜

I have some cheaper shields and reflectors stashed away depending on what opponents I might want to face, or in a war, have to face. I also have a Heavy Robe of Thievery for whenever they fix Stealing in the BD. 😉

I have been trying to save NP for my dream weapon, Skarls Sword. Not the most powerful, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a very decent dual-duty weapon and I've loved the graphic for it since I first saw it many many years ago. Sadly the older it gets, the higher it's price-tag gets. Last one I saw on the TP was looking for 1,700,000,000np for it. It was from the Neopets TCG code. So there are very few of them around. For SOME people, who can restock like the wind, that's not much, but for me? That's more than I've probably collectively earned in the entirety of my time on Neopets. Games and events are the main ways I pull in NP. That and now Trudy's Surprise, as well. So yeah, I'm frugal, because I kinda have to be. lol But that's fine, this is how I got so good at "budget battling" and this is the approach that I take when helping others with advice for building their sets.

Yeah, my set only has the Downsize! now for defense but I have some cheap shields in my SDB (Like the Leaf Shield) I would see what shield to equip if I had to fight harder opponents like in DoN or in a plot. But for only Koi, who I can 1 hit KO or the Skirmish opponents (where I 1 to 2 hit KO the bosses on easy) I don't need any shield other than Lens flare and Warlock's Rage. I will post in the other topic with a list of my shields and see what a good upgrade would be. I don't know too many shields.

47 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yeah, my set only has the Downsize! now for defense but I have some cheap shields in my SDB (Like the Leaf Shield) I would see what shield to equip if I had to fight harder opponents like in DoN or in a plot. But for only Koi, who I can 1 hit KO or the Skirmish opponents (where I 1 to 2 hit KO the bosses on easy) I don't need any shield other than Lens flare and Warlock's Rage. I will post in the other topic with a list of my shields and see what a good upgrade would be. I don't know too many shields.

*nods* Sure, a lot like me. Keeping some equipment out unless it's needed. 😉  Hopefully you can max out your strength and defense before the war plot. Do you use any Fortune Cookies from the NC Mall to help speed up your training?

Yeah, with Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage even freezer weapons can be kind of a moot-point, Unless you're up against someone who you need 3 free turns to beat. lol Or testing out an all-offensive weapon that you don't want to be blocked. 😉

If you don't have one already, you MIGHT consider a freezer for the battle plot, depending on what type of plot it is. Maybe even just a Scroll of Freezing or two, since they can perma-break after some usage. I'm surprised to see some as low as below 40k on the Super Wiz. But I think that's GOOD! They could certainly help in a pinch. Especially if there's a Boss opponent with MASSIVE HP that all the players have to work together to tackle. 😉

That's why I HOPE the next battle plot will see Stealing fixed. Fighting Envy during the Obelisk War, the chance of Stealing his Prismatic Mirror was just TOO FUN! Especially when it worked! It bought me a few extra turns per battle, (even though they were all losses), being able to use that. 😉

Hmmm.  I haven't trained in ages, but think I was planning to up everything to the max for my level one by one and then move up some levels and do it again?

The icons thing.  I definitely have zero idea what in the world that means, and probably more of it as well, but I've given up on reading articles since I just had no idea what was going on. 

I'd prefer to stick with things that don't break/need to be re-bought as they were one time only, I think.  Should I go for more training first or look to upgrade some of my equipment first?  I mean, I can beat the "easy" foes on their max difficulty, so I don't HAVE to do anything more, it'd just be fun, y'know?

11 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

If you don't have one already, you MIGHT consider a freezer for the battle plot, depending on what type of plot it is. Maybe even just a Scroll of Freezing or two, since they can perma-break after some usage. I'm surprised to see some as low as below 40k on the Super Wiz. But I think that's GOOD! They could certainly help in a pinch. Especially if there's a Boss opponent with MASSIVE HP that all the players have to work together to tackle. 😉

I have 9 pages of battledome equipment but I couldn't find a freezer right away. Most of it is junk from plots or dailies etc. I'm thinking of just getting a Magical Marbles of Mystery from the hidden tower whenever the discount day is. NP aren't that much of an issue for me. I mean, I can't pay like over 100 mil and I probably won't pay over 10 mil for a single weapon unless it's REALLY good but still, that's plenty to get some decent stuff.

Thanks to you and these topics I am really thinking of picking up my daily battles and training. I just hope I'll have the time. I still have 17 Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie in my SDB so if I get a Quest Refresh boon it would be a really good idea to use one!

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Hmmm.  I haven't trained in ages, but think I was planning to up everything to the max for my level one by one and then move up some levels and do it again?

The icons thing.  I definitely have zero idea what in the world that means, and probably more of it as well, but I've given up on reading articles since I just had no idea what was going on. 

I'd prefer to stick with things that don't break/need to be re-bought as they were one time only, I think.  Should I go for more training first or look to upgrade some of my equipment first?  I mean, I can beat the "easy" foes on their max difficulty, so I don't HAVE to do anything more, it'd just be fun, y'know?

I too prefer to buy weapons that don't break. I would for plots or for the DoN occasionally buy some decent bombs that were one use but still prefer to have items that can be used over and over again, even if it's only once per battle. I do understand some of the icons, enough to work with it but I'm not sure if my knowledge is enough to explain to someone else. I don't know in full detail how it works, especially with the half icons that were calculated by testers. Also, it's been too long now, I should refresh my memory before I even attempt explaining.

Hi @GillyTook. I was confused by the whole battle-system when I first started playing Neo. Heck, I thought you could fight without a weapon because pretty much EVERY game has a no-weapon way to attack. Except Neopets, though in the old BD there were some species attacks you'd auto-learn based on your pet's level. Those no longer exist.

For training. You can train your stats to double the level that you're at, except HP, which can be trained to triple your level, but if a stat goes over that formula, from a random event, visiting Coltzan's Shrine, or certain quest rewards, then you'd have to train level to train other stats. TDN's Fast Training Guide might be of use to you.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/fast-battle-training

Ah yes, the icons and boosts. A tricky concept from the beginning, imho. Basically, weapons and defensive gear focus on different amounts of icons of different types. Elemental types and then Physical. If you have a weapon that does a constant number of icons, it's easy to figure out how much damage you'll do if you know your boost.

See, your strength and defense stat numbers are pretty much meaningless unless they reach certain milestone marks, called Boosts. The boost is a multiplier. If you have a weapon that does a constant 5 icons of damage, and your strength is where your's is, between 125-200. Then your boost, or multiplier, is 3. So you would do 15 points of damage if none of it is blocked. No matter where you are in that numerical range, your boost is 3. Getting Strength and Defense to 750 maxes out your boost with a multiplier of 16. Some of us train BEYOND 750, but really, that's unnecessary at this point because a pet at 750 strength, will do the SAME damage with the same weapon as a pet with 7,500 strength. It's a unique system, to be sure. ONLY system like it that I've come across. It's pretty bizarre. 😉

You MIGHT find TDN's introduction to the battledome article series helpful. The articles are actually pretty short and there aren't a lot of them.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/introduction-to-the-battledome

Yeah, I prefer to avoid single use, or Fragile equipment too. Semi-Fragile or Once per battle I'm ok with because you don't have to buy them again.

To answer your question on Training or Equipment. I'd say training. Equipment is pretty expensive right now that it has been revealed that there will be a battle plot this year. If you want to check out the list of boosts we have a page for that too. It'll show you each boost and what the minimum requirement is for each strength/defense boost. I hope this helps!

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts

@Duma lol Same here, I've got pages of junk BD equipment too. I forget how many, but it was a lot the last time I checked! lol

The H4000 Helmet might be cheaper for you as a freezer. It looks like the Marbles are going for 7mil on the TP right now. The main difference is that the Marbles give you a 3 icon attack besides freezing once per battle.

17 Cookies? Nice! I'm glad they increased the duration of the cookies to 9 days from 7. Makes the price a bit more worth it. 😉

I'm glad this topic helped get you in the mood to train and battle again! I was hoping these topics would help people out with that. ^_^

12 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

@Duma lol Same here, I've got pages of junk BD equipment too. I forget how many, but it was a lot the last time I checked! lol

The H4000 Helmet might be cheaper for you as a freezer. It looks like the Marbles are going for 7mil on the TP right now. The main difference is that the Marbles give you a 3 icon attack besides freezing once per battle.

Yes, the Helmet is cheaper but I figured if I use it with my Kelpbeard Trident (which is my main weapon) The marbles have water damage too, so less likely to be blocked. If I use the helmet and my opponent blocks some physical and some water I end up doing more damage with the Marbles/Trident combi. I haven't used a freezer yet so I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the freezer would freeze the opponent for the next turn and not yet the turn that you use it. If it works like a sort of lens flare as in that the freezing is the same turn and they don't get to attack or defend, then it wouldn't matter what icons and the helmet could be an option. But I don't know and without a freezer to test it my gut was telling me to go for the Marbles.

32 minutes ago, Duma said:

Yes, the Helmet is cheaper but I figured if I use it with my Kelpbeard Trident (which is my main weapon) The marbles have water damage too, so less likely to be blocked. If I use the helmet and my opponent blocks some physical and some water I end up doing more damage with the Marbles/Trident combi. I haven't used a freezer yet so I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the freezer would freeze the opponent for the next turn and not yet the turn that you use it. If it works like a sort of lens flare as in that the freezing is the same turn and they don't get to attack or defend, then it wouldn't matter what icons and the helmet could be an option. But I don't know and without a freezer to test it my gut was telling me to go for the Marbles.

Hmm I believe the Magical Marbles of Mystery have 3 Physical icons only, besides the 100% freeze. But you are right that the Marbles have some attack, while the H4000 Helmet does not. Regardless of type of icon, your opponent will still take 3 icons of damage from the Marbles if you use them with either Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage abilities. The only thing you'd have to worry about with the Marbles/Trident combo, would be if they used Shhhhhhhhh.. and had something that blocked a lot of physical, such as a Winged Scarab or Altadorian Swordbreaker

My freezer, the Golden Peophin Harp, has 3 icons of dark defense. Not not as useful as often as the Marbles would be, but it's saved my rear when used against the right opponent at the right time.

Yep! You're right. If you used a freezer and Lens Flare, then your next turn will see your opponent also frozen for that round as well. So using them together does basically give you a 2-round freeze. If you use Lens Flare, then the combo of Warlock's Rage and 100% Freezer, you can get 3 free turns. At least the way the BD is currently working. If TNT fixes it so the ability "Shhhhhhhhh..!" works for use by the 1p opponents. Then that strategy won't be as foolproof as it is now.

If your gut tells you to go for the Marbles, then it's fine to go with your gut! :D

If you ever want a freezer that is a greater dual-duty, you would have to shell out a LOT more NP. Moehog Skull and Thundersticks are both the BEST in the dual-duty freezer department that I can think of. Did a little looking and Moehog Skull has 15 icon attack, 10 icon defense as well as 100% freeze once per battle. Thundersticks have 1 more icon of attack and block all Physical for it's defense. Gotta say, I'm kind of amazed with the Thundersticks, given it being a prize from the AC and all. lol Wishing I had been able to earn one from last year's AC. lol

Your strategy is fine, so yeah, if you want to go after the Marbles, go for 'em! ^_^

You're right! I was thinking of the Freezing Potion for water damage. I'll think it over what I buy. I did see the Moehog Skull and Thundersticks but they are insanely priced. I didn't know the Thundersticks were from the AC, if only I had played more. AC is my least favorite event and I usually only get to rank 1 😂

3 free turns would be great and if they change the abilities I'll see what strategy works out best then. No use speculating over it yet. Who knows what they'll do, if they even change it.

8 hours ago, Duma said:

You're right! I was thinking of the Freezing Potion for water damage. I'll think it over what I buy. I did see the Moehog Skull and Thundersticks but they are insanely priced. I didn't know the Thundersticks were from the AC, if only I had played more. AC is my least favorite event and I usually only get to rank 1 😂

3 free turns would be great and if they change the abilities I'll see what strategy works out best then. No use speculating over it yet. Who knows what they'll do, if they even change it.

OH! LOL Freezing Potion, right. lol

Yeah, well Moehog Skull is a rare scratchcard prize, not sure if it can be obtained elsewhere, as a event prize or something. Thundersticks, cost 3500 AC prize points. I'm annoyed because I could only get 1104 AC prize points last year. The tedium is my least favorite part about the AC. If our goals for YYB counted for our own prize points, and not just team rank, I think that'd get more people to play for more quality, than just quantity of games. On top of that, they released multiple stamps and such besides the Thundersticks. After the AC I remember the stamps were going for around 25mil PER stamp! Eclipsing the value, by a lot, of previous years' AC stamps. It was utterly insane!

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Soooo, basically I train to 750 ( or a few points higher in case a RE hits me) then just try to get the most icons possible?  And do you need to activate defence items, or are they automatic like shields in other games?

If you want to reach the highest boost/multiplier of 16, then yes. Getting both Strength and Defense to 750 is the way to get there. There aren't many ways to reduce stats for a pet. The Lab Ray and Coincidence can do it, and some wheels can reduce your INT. But, most R/Es and quests increase stats. I recommend working on Strength, Defense, and HP. Agility/Movement, is only needed for a couple of items, but if you want a good stealer, when TNT fixes Stealing, You'll need a movement stat of 201 for the Heavy Robe of Thievery, which is a 100% chance of a random steal from your opponent. Some opponents have junk items like Red Apples, so that you don't steal anything good. lol Sneaky TNT. 😉  Anyway, once your strength and movement reach 750 they will have no further effect on your attack or defense, so you can then focus on Level and HP. There are several other ways to train besides using the training schools that require dubloons/codestones. Kitchen Quests and Random Faerie Quests are both your best bets to supplement codestone training. For Random Faerie Quests, if you buy NC, you can purcahse Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies, the pink and gold ones, that allow you 1 faerie quest per day for 9 days from the moment you open it, you have to go to where you turn them in to accept your daily quest. Then you can either complete or cancel it. Though the amount of stat points you get is a bit higher than the training schools. I do recommend this method if you are able to do it.

Sadly, you need to activate defense items as well. As you know, each round you can choose 2 items to use for that round and 1 faerie ability. This is why Dual-Duty weapons, weapons that can do more than just attack, are so useful. But are intentionally not super powerful, or have certain limitations on them because otherwise, if they were multi-use, they'd be far too strong and give the player the advantage over whomever they were fighting.

13 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Soooo, basically I train to 750 ( or a few points higher in case a RE hits me) then just try to get the most icons possible?  And do you need to activate defence items, or are they automatic like shields in other games?

In addition to what Aquamentis said, if you play 1P battles and you know what icon types your opponent can and mostly can NOT defend against, you try to pick weapons that have the most icons of that icon type as to do the most damage possible. For shields the same way, if you know what icon types your opponent will inflict, try to pick shields that defend the most icons of that type. For the moment, if you have Lens flare and Warlocks Rage, there's two turns you don't have to worry about the icon type, you'd just pick the weapons with the most icons as those will do the most damage (and don't bother with a shield for 2 those turns, the opponent can't hit you), at least for as long as the BD abilities work as it is working now, but they have been like this for a very long time already.

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, SpideyLuc said:

Didn't mean to post on an 8 month old thread sorry

It's no problem! As Duma said, this thread is allowed to be bumped. I made it for people who would like to display their battle sets, get them rated and seek advice from the anyone who wants to give some advice.

12 hours ago, Duma said:

Don't worry, this one is allowed to be bumped if you want your battle set rated and/or some advice for improvements!

Thanks Duma! I've been hoping this thread would get some activity in it again! :D

I have been seeing advertisement on rating your battledome set. I would like you to evaluate mine. I will try to post all the information you need to make an informed decision but if more information is needed just let me know.

image.png.d65bf58bec4ed2b3a029d7d7425c3ae2.png

image.png.4eaf0332930ee4e0aae7340b55df83ca.png

image.png.b9d3a10e4074821ecc640ac142c6dd3b.png

I fight only 1 player games.  I fight the Giant Space Fungus  and the The Snowager  most always and sometimes I will fight another Challenger just because.

I use Blazing Embers, Sword of Malum, Void Blade and Varia is the Bomb. I start the fight with the Varia Bomb and the Void Blade and with the Giant Space Fungus there is death the 1st round. With the Snowager same weapons most always the same results, death on 1st hit but if I have to do a 2nd hit then I add one of the other 2 swords I mentioned. For my abilities I start with Lens Flare and if a 2nd hit is needed I use the Warlocks Rage.

Not sure if this is enough information but I don't know what else to tell you so let me know please and thank you for doing this

Hi @granny63020! Thanks for posting your set! You've got some great stats! I see that your Krawk has the maximum strength and defense boosts and a good amount of HP! For future training, I would recommend you focus on Level and HP. Training HP can be 3x your level, so you're ok so far. Training your other stats won't be of any benefit the way the battledome currently is set up for stats. The final boost for Strength and Defence is 750+ and you've got more agility than you'd ever need right now. I believe the same can be said about your Krawk's intelligence, at least as far as battledome weapons go.

I'd say your weapons are pretty intermediate. But, as a set, you've got a lot of attack options, however I see nothing for Defense. I understand that you are fighting opponents at difficulties you can easily win on. But when the Battle-plot that's been causing so much equipment inflation starts, there's a good chance you'll need some defensive gear too. Do you have defensive gear waiting in your SDB? Or are you simply an all-offense battler?

Your best Constants are the Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers. I use both of those too. Void Blade is nice, but only does 16 icons of damage if nothing is blocked. Right now the Void Blade is pretty expensive, so you could sell it if you wanted, or keep it as a gallery item. Both the Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers do more damage, in fact their stats are identical to each other. Void Blade would be good in a situation where you are up against an opponent you cannot kill in 2 turns with Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage. And the opponent can block some of your icons from either the Sword of Malum or Blazing Embers. Void Blade has some icons not in those two blades, so Void Blade would make a decent alternate weapon.

Varia is the Bomb does 25 icons of Damage once per battle, so that's a keeper too. Since it CAN be equipped with a bomb-class item, there are a couple of options. But I would suggest a Ghostkerbomb from the Hidden Tower. You might get it cheaper from another player, or on Hidden Tower Discount Day though. Alternatives are all pretty expensive these days. Like Thundersticks and Moehog Skull are way over-priced due to battle-plot inflation. Varia is the Bomb does 25 icons. Ghostkerbomb can do 21-30 icons of damage. Using those both in the same turn would give you over 40 icons, with a chance to do up to 55 icons of damage in one turn. Otherwise, you can forget getting a Bomb for now.

Depending on your opponent, defense can be tailored to that opponent. Though there are some good defensive items that do not rely on specific icon types.

Downsize! is a cheap one. It will block 50% of all damage Once Per Battle. It stocks pretty regularly at the Defence Magic Shop in the Neopian Bazaar. If you really need to block all damage, I recommend the Thick Smoke Bombs from the Ninja Academy. They are only One Use, but they block all damage during the turn they are used.
There are reflectors and the legendary Thyoras Tear which also stocks at the Defence Magic Shop, but that, and the best reflectors are inflated now too because of the upcoming battle plot.

Also, I noticed you don't have a healer in your arsenal. I DEFINITELY recommend the Feel Better Soup! It's Once Per Battle, heals 50% of your max HP and blocks 100% air icons on the turn it's used. It's roughly 500,000np right now and can be bought from player shops using the shop wiz or super shop wiz.

You could get a freezer if it takes you more than 2 turns to beat an enemy, but that's not too likely yet either.

The items you don't need equipped right now though are: Fiendish Key, Winged Palm Blade, Shining Celesta Sword and Reflecting Vanities. Your other weapons are much stronger than those 4.

That's pretty much what I can recommend for you right now. If you change to an opponent that's harder to beat, I can try to come up with defensive gear for you at the lowest prices I can find. Your offense with Sword of Malum and Blazing Embers is almost on par with the anagram swords. So I would stick with them instead of getting the any of the anagram swords.

Really, like me, the next upgrade for your offense would probably be Wand of the Dark Faerie, Grapes of Wrath, or the Attack Pea family of items. But those are all pretty inflated due to rarity and of course, battle-plot anticipation. I don't know about you, but they're sadly out of my price range. lol

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Good luck and happy battling! ^_^

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Ghostkerbomb & Feel Better Soup

I bought 1 ghostkerbomb and when I went to buy 1 of the soups my computer insisted I have 2.  Now I have an extra.

I see that your Krawk has the maximum strength and defense boosts and a good amount of HP!

Training your other stats won't be of any benefit the way the battledome currently is set up for stats. The final boost for Strength and Defence is 750+ and you've got more agility than you'd ever need right now.

So the stats on the attack and defense are equal to my HP's but they don't count in the BD? I  don't understand the whole 750 thing. The stats on the agility come from and so do a lot of my stats FQ cookies. I would rather use those cookies and get my $$ worth than to pay for those codestones than are too costly to buy and train 1 stat at a time.

Void Blade

I removed the 4 blades you said I didn't need. I don't need the NP's so I am keeping the void blade.

I see you mentioned that I play against opponents that I can beat. I play the fungus for the nerkmids and codestones. I also have been playing the snowwager for the frozen neggs. Both of them have not be a disappointment! Can you suggest an opponent that I can play with the same/similar prizes. Also I am posting a screen shot of the weapons I have now.

Downsize! is a cheap one. It will block 50% of all damage Once Per Battle.

OK I checked the SDB and I have 3 kinds of these so which one should I use?  Supersize!  //  Supersize Mega Ultra Plus  // 

Supersize Gargantuplex  // these things drive me crazy because of the movement! I don't know how or why I wil use some of these items .  I went to the ninga school and my computer bought 2 of the  Thick Smoke Bomb

as a set, you've got a lot of attack options, however I see nothing for Defense.

I didn't realize I needed defense items or that I didn't have any.  What weapon can I put in the empty spot OH never mind I am going to add a supersize after I know which one to add.

image.png.4b5a251470e12a621c570e4f9e7f01ec.png

20 hours ago, granny63020 said:

So the stats on the attack and defense are equal to my HP's but they don't count in the BD? I  don't understand the whole 750 thing. The stats on the agility come from and so do a lot of my stats FQ cookies. I would rather use those cookies and get my $$ worth than to pay for those codestones than are too costly to buy and train 1 stat at a time.

I removed the 4 blades you said I didn't need. I don't need the NP's so I am keeping the void blade.

I see you mentioned that I play against opponents that I can beat. I play the fungus for the nerkmids and codestones. I also have been playing the snowwager for the frozen neggs. Both of them have not be a disappointment! Can you suggest an opponent that I can play with the same/similar prizes. Also I am posting a screen shot of the weapons I have now.

OK I checked the SDB and I have 3 kinds of these so which one should I use?  Supersize!  //  Supersize Mega Ultra Plus  // 

Supersize Gargantuplex  // these things drive me crazy because of the movement! I don't know how or why I wil use some of these items .  I went to the ninga school and my computer bought 2 of the  Thick Smoke Bomb

I didn't realize I needed defense items or that I didn't have any.  What weapon can I put in the empty spot OH never mind I am going to add a supersize after I know which one to add.

image.png.4b5a251470e12a621c570e4f9e7f01ec.png

On the stats, you're right. Getting strength and Defense to 750 or higher gives you the top offense and defense boosts you can have. I was really confused by this when I first started battling too.

The battledome stats work on a tiered boost chart. Meaning that between the tiers, your attack and defense don't actually increase until you reach the next tier. At 750 and higher. The boost, or icon multiplier is 16. So if you attack with a weapon that does 10 icons, and all 10 of those icons get through to your opponent, then your opponent takes 160 damage. Not that you need it any longer for your Krawk, but if you want to battle with a different pet, you might find this useful. This link goes to a list of the boosts (multipliers) and what your strength/defense must be to reach each one.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts

For training, I use FQ Cookies too. So much more efficient even though you don't always get the right faerie that you want. You might also try Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island, though I recommend not doing quest that cost a lot, like over 5000np, because if you get an item or NP for completing the quest, it's rarely worth anywhere near 5000np. Though 1 stat point increase can be nice for under 5k. 🙂

Sure, it's fine to keep the Void Blade. I don't use mine, but I love the graphic so I'm keeping it since I earned it and like it's look. XD

Actually, if you're playing for Prizes, I'd say stay with who you currently battle. I battle Snowager almost exclusively these days. It's about the only way I can make some decent NP with Frozen Neggs. lol I tried Snowager on Medium and just, no. On Medium he is so strong he can one or 2-shot my pet (with over 3000hp) when I run out of defensive items. Of course I don't have much defensively equipped at the moment. But that's because I gave up trying to beat him on Medium for now. 😉

Those 3 Supersize weapons are very outdated and not good at all. Even beginners nowadays can do better than them. You can keep them in your SDB or donate or sell them.

You only need defense items when you're up against an opponent who can fight back. With your abilities of Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage, if you can beat them in 2 shots, you don't need to worry too much on defense. I feel it's good to have some defense items equipped just in case something goes wrong. I would recommend Downsize! To block 50% damage once per battle, just in case. If you'd like I can send you one. I'm sure I have some extra in my SDB and they're only about 4k-5k in user shops. You should not use your Thick Smoke Bombs unless you absolutely need to defend against an incoming attack. As I said, those are one use only, though they stop all damage that turn.

Nice that you've got a healer. This way you can heal up during your last turn in battle so that you leave the battle with full or close to full HP. Since winning no longer recovers your HP like it did in the old BD.

I think that covers everything. If you'd like me to send you a Downsize! for your set, let me know. I just checked and I've got 7 in my SDB, but you can only equip 1 per pet. lol I think I bought them long ago hoping to sell them and never got around to it. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

This is older.  Either way, with Illusen's Staff being part of the prize pool in the charity corner, would it be worth getting for single player battledome fights to replace any of my current gear?  It's the same as it was last time I posted.  I tend to stick to fights I can win in a single round (or try to) because my pet is not very highly trained, if that matters at all, though I've never really tested to see quite how far she can go.