TDN Annual Year-End Showcase Thread: What did you do in 2022?

berriganify

So it might be a bit early for this thread, but I'm pretty much done with pet stuff for the year, so I may as well start off our end-of-the-year showcase thread:

pets2020wrapup.png.cb2dac3c769c5e1b686ead134c05d661.png

Behold, all my newly-created, newly-adopted, and newly-painted pets this year! The top row is pets that I already had, but have been painted or zapped this year. Second row is all my traded and adopted pets, two of which (cocoapuff99 and stickypicky) aren't yet painted because I want chocolate and custard for them, respectively.

On the third row are the pets that I've created and painted this year, and finally on the last row are the pets that I've created, but not yet painted, either because I want lab-only colours (ice for Hyrngnar and robot for A70M), or because I haven't yet decided which of several choices I'm going with.

I'll waffle on a whole lot more under a spoiler...

Spoiler

So, this is the year that I finally sat down and hammered out an actual theme for my last two accounts. One of them has been filling out pretty nicely, and the other… the other is very slow going. My accounts are kind of in shambles at the moment, because I am still a cheapskate— I mean, responsible adult, who won’t shell out for more pet slots. But I’ll list out my new and newly-painted pets by the account they’re supposed to be on.

And as much as I love the new pet slots we got this year, it did mean that my two completed accounts are now uncompleted! So doing that will be my priority for the next year!

Main account: D&D&Darigans! (And my OSRS RNs)
- Movario… Oh, Movario. He never did end up zapping halloween, even after like 2? 3??? years of zapping! I managed to snag a PB this past Halloween.
- Melspeth, was originally supposed to be a steampunk kyrii… then the Katya outfit came out. :P I painted her orange as the base cause I like orange!
- Lowerniel is my second OSRS permie, named after Lowerniel Drakan, the fearsome vampyre lord of Morytania! I was originally going to have him made as a custom for trade, but that… uh, didn’t work out.
- Glouphrie is my *third* OSRS permie, named after a gnomish mage of… shall we say, ambiguous morality. He’s going to be woodland, for sure, although painting him is super low priority right now because I am still keen on seeing if we’ll ever get a woodland buzz or vandagyre. If not, then he will end up as a Woodland Yurble!
- Kabethari was created last august. He was my first Dragon Age inspired pet! Kabethari is a Qunlat word meaning ‘simple person,’ used to describe those that haven’t (yet) joined the Qun. While I don’t love the Qunari quite as much as I love the Avvar, I do still love them alot. I am considering painting/zapping him for island, as while I don’t really like island pets, I will always make an exception for kyriis.

In terms of future plans… I would love to get a mutant hissi! And find better names for another Darigan Ixi and Buzz. And this account would probably be the most fitting place for a steampunk kyrii, as an artificer.

side #1: the troublesome one
This account has vexed me since my return in 2019. I simply could not settle on a theme for it! I’ve tried a couple different things, but I think I’ve found the winner: an account full of super old chocolate/candy/etc pets with horrible names! There’s just… something so nostalgic about them. It’s going to be a slow account to build, though.  I’ve snagged three fitting pets so far, and otherwise the account is just storing trading fodder, and pets I know I want to keep but I’m not sure what to do with:

- cocoapuff99 is going to be my chocolate vandagyre. I was offered him twice, actually. The first time I passed him over, because while the name is ‘bad’ it’s also not particularly fun? I guess the first offerer traded him, and then the second person reoffered him, and at that point I accepted, because I did kind of regret passing (I wish I’d taken that first offer, though, it was a nameswap for a pet I didn’t care as much for).
- coooooooooooooookie is… that NAME. I couldn’t pass him up. I found him on the L&P.
- stickypicky was another pet that I was offered twice. I’m going to zap him for custard, although if he zaps candy, I wouldn’t mind that either! That being said, I do think his name is still a little too nice. But it’s cute!
- Giovannai was traded for, and promptly morphed and painted into a pirate buzz. No idea what to do with him otherwise, but… I’m attached! I might shift him over to my main, and just call him the party monk. Way of the drunken master is a monk archetype, and pirates drink a lot… it could work!

Anyway, I am considering quite a few species/colour combos for this account, although I’m trying not to lock it down 100% because I will still have to account for the names I will end up having to work with. But rest assured, there will be plenty of kyriis and buzzes!

side #2: celtic/viking/etc pets
So, this is the other account that I’ve been floudering with a theme for. Til a few months ago, all the ideas I’ve come up with were just stupidly complicated. But settled on a mishmash of nordic/scottish/pagan-themed pets. Mostly vandagyres, lol, because I’ve really grown to like them, recently! I think I have more vandagyres than buzzes, now. A horrifying thought.

- Svonclaw and Byorwing: my two newest vandagyres. If I’m going for a viking theme, a royal pair are a no-brainer! Their names are based on some homebrew Avvar gods from my Dragon Age epic.
- Brodgar is my Spotted Vandagyre, because the spotted vanda is just gorgeous! He’s named after a ring of standing stones in Scotland, buuut it is also a name with ties to an indie game I play, which is set in the Iron Age with heavy nordic themes.
- Wassailer was created not long after. I’ve always been kind of meh on the Christmas colour. But vandas are the one exception. I was originally going to wait and create her in December, but… I get real paranoid about untaken names, and I knew that no other name would ever compare if someone took it before me.
- Hryngnar is… a Dragon Age RN, the name of an ice troll from Avvar legends, and… look, I SWEAR, I thought I had searched up every single name that was even remotely related to the Avvar a few years back! But in November, I decided to just double check one more time, and… this was untaken?? I was gobsmacked. I’m zapping him for an ice vandagyre, for sure!
- Movran is another Dragon Age RN. This one I was actually aware of, I just held off on making it because I already have Movario with a very similar name, and I wasn’t sure what to do with him. But I caved, eventually. I still wasn’t sure what to do with him… but then someone on the pound chat suggested the tuskaninny outfit! It fits so well!

Ice kyrii and buzz are the next obvious choices, as well as some snow pets. The bruce also has a nice barbarian outfit.

side #3: SPACE GANG SPACE GANG
Was 100% completed… until the steampunk grundo came out. I scuttled off to get one, and recompleted it… and then the pet slots came out. Unfortunately, I actually had *two* ideas for new pets, and only one slot! But I created them both anyway, one’s on my main being zapped to robot which will probably take ages.

- Jepire was the first painted pet for this account this year! I think I posted about it on last year’s thread, but it was technically in this calendar year! She finally zapped robot, after like three years of zapping!
- Poxic the Chocolate Kacheek was traded for a royalgirl draik custom on one of my 5Ls, and promptly FFQ’d into a steampunk grundo. I was initially going for a name starting with X so he’d sit beside my other grundo, Xeneona… but the Pox+Toxic portmanteau called to me!
- A70M was one of the two pets I created in November. He’s going to be a robot zafara!
- Staardust was the second pet I created. Glam rock was my special interest all through high school, I couldn’t not have a Bowie-inspired pet, right? I'm admittedly still a bit iffy on this colour, and whether or not I want the Blumaroo Galactic outfit or not.

That’s all for now, but the next pet I will go for on this account is definitely going to be a robot grundo. Other than that, I could also see myself going for an 8-Bit Grundo, or a Robot Grarrl or Gnorbu?

side #4: my kyrii noble family and mutants
Was 100% completed until November! I did move my grey kyrii over here, but she was already painted and had her petpet.

- Glaom is my newest, created in November… I’m not quite sure what to do with. I snagged the name cause it’s a mispell of my current D&D character (or rather, his old name), originally intending to make him into a Darigan Ixi. But I also wanted another kyrii because I don’t have enoguh kyriis? So he’s a kyrii for now, the ghost PB is cheap so if I change my mind it's whatever.

I’ve also decided that I definitely want a Halloween Lupe, but I have yet to find a good name. Ideally I’m looking for a nice mispell of the name Tommy (shoutout to those who get the reference!) I’ve seen one around the PC, but I lost the thread before I’d made up my mind that I wanted to offer on it, and I haven’t seen it UFT since! Otherwise, I’ve been looking for a nice wolfish pun. A mutant lenny would also be nice… Mutant or Elderlygirl/boy Kyriis are also strong contenders!

But otherwise, what new pets do you have this year? Any other accomplishments you're particularly proud of?

On 12/21/2022 at 1:14 AM, berriganify said:

So it might be a bit early for this thread, but I'm pretty much done with pet stuff for the year, so I may as well start off our end-of-the-year showcase thread:

pets2020wrapup.png.cb2dac3c769c5e1b686ead134c05d661.png

Behold, all my newly-created, newly-adopted, and newly-painted pets this year! The top row is pets that I already had, but have been painted or zapped this year. Second row is all my traded and adopted pets, two of which (cocoapuff99 and stickypicky) aren't yet painted because I want chocolate and custard for them, respectively.

On the third row are the pets that I've created and painted this year, and finally on the last row are the pets that I've created, but not yet painted, either because I want lab-only colours (ice for Hyrngnar and robot for A70M), or because I haven't yet decided which of several choices I'm going with.

I'll waffle on a whole lot more under a spoiler...

Reveal hidden contents

So, this is the year that I finally sat down and hammered out an actual theme for my last two accounts. One of them has been filling out pretty nicely, and the other… the other is very slow going. My accounts are kind of in shambles at the moment, because I am still a cheapskate— I mean, responsible adult, who won’t shell out for more pet slots. But I’ll list out my new and newly-painted pets by the account they’re supposed to be on.

And as much as I love the new pet slots we got this year, it did mean that my two completed accounts are now uncompleted! So doing that will be my priority for the next year!

Main account: D&D&Darigans! (And my OSRS RNs)
- Movario… Oh, Movario. He never did end up zapping halloween, even after like 2? 3??? years of zapping! I managed to snag a PB this past Halloween.
- Melspeth, was originally supposed to be a steampunk kyrii… then the Katya outfit came out. :P I painted her orange as the base cause I like orange!
- Lowerniel is my second OSRS permie, named after Lowerniel Drakan, the fearsome vampyre lord of Morytania! I was originally going to have him made as a custom for trade, but that… uh, didn’t work out.
- Glouphrie is my *third* OSRS permie, named after a gnomish mage of… shall we say, ambiguous morality. He’s going to be woodland, for sure, although painting him is super low priority right now because I am still keen on seeing if we’ll ever get a woodland buzz or vandagyre. If not, then he will end up as a Woodland Yurble!
- Kabethari was created last august. He was my first Dragon Age inspired pet! Kabethari is a Qunlat word meaning ‘simple person,’ used to describe those that haven’t (yet) joined the Qun. While I don’t love the Qunari quite as much as I love the Avvar, I do still love them alot. I am considering painting/zapping him for island, as while I don’t really like island pets, I will always make an exception for kyriis.

In terms of future plans… I would love to get a mutant hissi! And find better names for another Darigan Ixi and Buzz. And this account would probably be the most fitting place for a steampunk kyrii, as an artificer.

side #1: the troublesome one
This account has vexed me since my return in 2019. I simply could not settle on a theme for it! I’ve tried a couple different things, but I think I’ve found the winner: an account full of super old chocolate/candy/etc pets with horrible names! There’s just… something so nostalgic about them. It’s going to be a slow account to build, though.  I’ve snagged three fitting pets so far, and otherwise the account is just storing trading fodder, and pets I know I want to keep but I’m not sure what to do with:

- cocoapuff99 is going to be my chocolate vandagyre. I was offered him twice, actually. The first time I passed him over, because while the name is ‘bad’ it’s also not particularly fun? I guess the first offerer traded him, and then the second person reoffered him, and at that point I accepted, because I did kind of regret passing (I wish I’d taken that first offer, though, it was a nameswap for a pet I didn’t care as much for).
- coooooooooooooookie is… that NAME. I couldn’t pass him up. I found him on the L&P.
- stickypicky was another pet that I was offered twice. I’m going to zap him for custard, although if he zaps candy, I wouldn’t mind that either! That being said, I do think his name is still a little too nice. But it’s cute!
- Giovannai was traded for, and promptly morphed and painted into a pirate buzz. No idea what to do with him otherwise, but… I’m attached! I might shift him over to my main, and just call him the party monk. Way of the drunken master is a monk archetype, and pirates drink a lot… it could work!

Anyway, I am considering quite a few species/colour combos for this account, although I’m trying not to lock it down 100% because I will still have to account for the names I will end up having to work with. But rest assured, there will be plenty of kyriis and buzzes!

side #2: celtic/viking/etc pets
So, this is the other account that I’ve been floudering with a theme for. Til a few months ago, all the ideas I’ve come up with were just stupidly complicated. But settled on a mishmash of nordic/scottish/pagan-themed pets. Mostly vandagyres, lol, because I’ve really grown to like them, recently! I think I have more vandagyres than buzzes, now. A horrifying thought.

- Svonclaw and Byorwing: my two newest vandagyres. If I’m going for a viking theme, a royal pair are a no-brainer! Their names are based on some homebrew Avvar gods from my Dragon Age epic.
- Brodgar is my Spotted Vandagyre, because the spotted vanda is just gorgeous! He’s named after a ring of standing stones in Scotland, buuut it is also a name with ties to an indie game I play, which is set in the Iron Age with heavy nordic themes.
- Wassailer was created not long after. I’ve always been kind of meh on the Christmas colour. But vandas are the one exception. I was originally going to wait and create her in December, but… I get real paranoid about untaken names, and I knew that no other name would ever compare if someone took it before me.
- Hryngnar is… a Dragon Age RN, the name of an ice troll from Avvar legends, and… look, I SWEAR, I thought I had searched up every single name that was even remotely related to the Avvar a few years back! But in November, I decided to just double check one more time, and… this was untaken?? I was gobsmacked. I’m zapping him for an ice vandagyre, for sure!
- Movran is another Dragon Age RN. This one I was actually aware of, I just held off on making it because I already have Movario with a very similar name, and I wasn’t sure what to do with him. But I caved, eventually. I still wasn’t sure what to do with him… but then someone on the pound chat suggested the tuskaninny outfit! It fits so well!

Ice kyrii and buzz are the next obvious choices, as well as some snow pets. The bruce also has a nice barbarian outfit.

side #3: SPACE GANG SPACE GANG
Was 100% completed… until the steampunk grundo came out. I scuttled off to get one, and recompleted it… and then the pet slots came out. Unfortunately, I actually had *two* ideas for new pets, and only one slot! But I created them both anyway, one’s on my main being zapped to robot which will probably take ages.

- Jepire was the first painted pet for this account this year! I think I posted about it on last year’s thread, but it was technically in this calendar year! She finally zapped robot, after like three years of zapping!
- Poxic the Chocolate Kacheek was traded for a royalgirl draik custom on one of my 5Ls, and promptly FFQ’d into a steampunk grundo. I was initially going for a name starting with X so he’d sit beside my other grundo, Xeneona… but the Pox+Toxic portmanteau called to me!
- A70M was one of the two pets I created in November. He’s going to be a robot zafara!
- Staardust was the second pet I created. Glam rock was my special interest all through high school, I couldn’t not have a Bowie-inspired pet, right? I'm admittedly still a bit iffy on this colour, and whether or not I want the Blumaroo Galactic outfit or not.

That’s all for now, but the next pet I will go for on this account is definitely going to be a robot grundo. Other than that, I could also see myself going for an 8-Bit Grundo, or a Robot Grarrl or Gnorbu?

side #4: my kyrii noble family and mutants
Was 100% completed until November! I did move my grey kyrii over here, but she was already painted and had her petpet.

- Glaom is my newest, created in November… I’m not quite sure what to do with. I snagged the name cause it’s a mispell of my current D&D character (or rather, his old name), originally intending to make him into a Darigan Ixi. But I also wanted another kyrii because I don’t have enoguh kyriis? So he’s a kyrii for now, the ghost PB is cheap so if I change my mind it's whatever.

I’ve also decided that I definitely want a Halloween Lupe, but I have yet to find a good name. Ideally I’m looking for a nice mispell of the name Tommy (shoutout to those who get the reference!) I’ve seen one around the PC, but I lost the thread before I’d made up my mind that I wanted to offer on it, and I haven’t seen it UFT since! Otherwise, I’ve been looking for a nice wolfish pun. A mutant lenny would also be nice… Mutant or Elderlygirl/boy Kyriis are also strong contenders!

But otherwise, what new pets do you have this year? Any other accomplishments you're particularly proud of?

Your pets look amazing, but your brain is even better, I don't even remember yesterday lol.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:01 AM, berriganify said:

@hrtbrk 🤩 what a gorgeous socialite! She looks like she's in the society column every week, lol! What is that base colour, though? Zombie?

Good luck with the dream pet giveaway though, mutant ixis are awesome! And what UCs are you looking forward to?

Thank you!! She's actually Elderly Girl

I had created her after watching a television show called Shining Vale. She's based off one of the characters, Rosemary, who is a demon/ghost, that haunts the woman who bought her house. She's equal parts glamorous and evil in the show however I'm having a hard time finding items to make her look evil. 🤣

I haven't done much with Neo this year to call an "accomplishment". Hopefully in 2023, especially that rumored battle-plot, I hope to do even better than I was able to in the Obelisk War! My stats have come a long way since then, since barely being able to start red-stone training, my stats have risen a lot for the casual training I put my peophin through. All his stats, not counting Movement, are getting nicely above 3000. I still wish it were easier for Defense to keep pace with Strength and Health, but oh well. lol I know training anything other than HP is kinda moot, but I don't mind. I mostly go with Faerie Quests for training these days. Might as well get stats out of those fortune cookies, even if they don't always help in actuality. Except for movement, I rarely do Air Faerie quests if I get them, and I never do Kaia quests either. As long as the rest are reasonable in price, I'll do them, especially compared to the cost of red codestone training. 😉

It's kind of funny. My stats sure have changed, but my battle set hardly has since the Obelisk War. 😉  Still the same freezer, healer, Downsize!, and bomb. The major change was switching out Stone Foam Finger and Altador Cup Throwing Star with Burning Embers and Sword of Malum to the line-up as my constant and strongest multi-use weapons. With 2 spots I can change up depending on what adversary TNT throws at us in that rumored battle plot that has inflated almost ALL decent battle equipment. So I really don't foresee changing my set anytime soon. Even if I could afford the 500% and higher mark-ups, I wouldn't buy now, on principle, as well as the fact that I make NP waaaaaaaay tooooooo sloooooooooow to replace it after such crazy price inflation if I was more than just tempted. LOL

I HOPE they fix "Stealing" for the new battle plot. I loved stealing the Prismatic Mirror from Envy during the Obelisk War, I didn't always GET it when I stole from him, but that was SUPER fun, since we players will likely never get hold of one for our own use. :D

I'm thinking the plot will be a way to test fixes to the BD, which, will PROBABLY include an end to the faerie abilities of the 1p opponents not working as well as they are meant to. So, that's gonna stink, if I'm right about that. But, oh well. TNT likes to stack the deck after all. 😉

Anyway, my Kaibajouryuuki's current stats.

Species: Peophin
Colour: Christmas
Level: 1,771
Health: 3414 / 3414
Mood: extremely happy
Hunger: not hungry
Strength: ULTIMATE (3351)
Defence: ULTIMATE (3239)
Move: ULTIMATE (1440)

Intelligence:

ULTIMATE GENIUS (3029)

I also don't think I've missed a single day of Trudy's Surprise this year, so far.

I gave up on my dream of a Pastel Paint Brush lol. I don't have the time to do restocking or other more time-efficient grinding so I rely on dailies. The upside though is that it freed me to do things I always wanted to do but have held off on doing to save NP. I got a Royal Babaa to match my Royalboy Cybunny. I think my new goal will be to get matching PetPets for all of my Neopets.

I am very excited for UC pets to drop. My childhood dream was to have a Grey Kougra. Speaking of, if anyone is willing to part with a Grey Paint Brush for 3M (all my NP), please let me know. They're currently going for 4.4M and I just don't think I'll ever get that amount at this point. (Especially as real life catches up to me.)

14 hours ago, berriganify said:

@Hidden Oracle Well, the UC survey a month or two ago hinted that you might not have to buy the paintbrush for the UC colours? It might be included in whatever system they use to UC-ify the pets.

O_O This is helpful info! Thank you!! I seriously hope we can just use NC because I don't want to grind NP lol.