IRL Advent Calendar ?

LekkerLekker89

An IRL Advent Calendar? Sorry, I haven't. But it would be interesting what Neopets would do with something like that. Maybe a keychain toy to fit behind each door? lol Anyway, if they put out merch of an IRL Advent Calendar, that would be interesting. They could certainly print item codes behind some or all of the doors. THAT would be pretty cool. 😉

It looks like it's being released by Geekify and is a traditional advent calendar with chocolate squares in "24 fun shapes molded from the world of Neopia, featuring Christmas Neggs, PetPets, scrolls and potions, paintbrushes, seasonal items, and more!" and one item code. They don't preview the inside of the flaps, so unclear if there will be daily stories.

It's a cute idea and I'm happy to see them branching out with merch, although I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much on a chocolate advent calendar - maybe if it had a pin or something larger for the 24th 🤔

10 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

It looks like it's being released by Geekify and is a traditional advent calendar with chocolate squares in "24 fun shapes molded from the world of Neopia, featuring Christmas Neggs, PetPets, scrolls and potions, paintbrushes, seasonal items, and more!" and one item code. They don't preview the inside of the flaps, so unclear if there will be daily stories.

It's a cute idea and I'm happy to see them branching out with merch, although I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that much on a chocolate advent calendar - maybe if it had a pin or something larger for the 24th 🤔

I got that one. The chocolates were pretty good. But I liked the big picture so much that I just took out the plastic tray for the chocolates so I didn't have to open up the spaces. I still have it. :D

Hi y'all! I'm actually the artist behind the front cover's art (both our first one last year as well as this year's!) and I can answer some questions! I work for Geekify Inc and we have a contract with Neopets for making officially licensed products but unfortunately we don't have as close of a connection to the actual Neopets team enough to make canon stories like the usual Advent Calendars on the site! (I wish, though!)

The inside of the flap is just going to have the chocolates, shaped into molds I helped design based on some of the items from the site, like the snow paintbrush, a Snowbunny eating a negg, a Fir, a christmas negg, a christmas-painted meowclops, an angelpuss... there's a lot of really christmassy items I picked out and cleaned up for the chocolate company to make these chocolates into, but I'm not gonna spoil all of them--then there's no surprise! 

advent announce2 copy.jpg

3 hours ago, Aimee said:

Hi y'all! I'm actually the artist behind the front cover's art (both our first one last year as well as this year's!) and I can answer some questions! I work for Geekify Inc and we have a contract with Neopets for making officially licensed products but unfortunately we don't have as close of a connection to the actual Neopets team enough to make canon stories like the usual Advent Calendars on the site! (I wish, though!)

The inside of the flap is just going to have the chocolates, shaped into molds I helped design based on some of the items from the site, like the snow paintbrush, a Snowbunny eating a negg, a Fir, a christmas negg, a christmas-painted meowclops, an angelpuss... there's a lot of really christmassy items I picked out and cleaned up for the chocolate company to make these chocolates into, but I'm not gonna spoil all of them--then there's no surprise! 

I'll modify the darned thing then! It's too cute to pass up, and my son has been hanging over my (and his dad's!) shoulder more and more lately watching us play - I feel like he would love it. I can't wait to see the chocolates, and sincerely hope that in the future the two companies can come together more for improvements! ❤️ Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me! 🙂 

7 hours ago, enitul said:

I got that one. The chocolates were pretty good. But I liked the big picture so much that I just took out the plastic tray for the chocolates so I didn't have to open up the spaces. I still have it. :D

The artwork is a selling-point for sure! Now if only there was a way to preserve the designs on the chocolates 😅

3 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I'll modify the darned thing then! It's too cute to pass up, and my son has been hanging over my (and his dad's!) shoulder more and more lately watching us play - I feel like he would love it. I can't wait to see the chocolates, and sincerely hope that in the future the two companies can come together more for improvements! ❤️ Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me! 🙂 

Depending how the box is constructed, you might be able to open it on the side, then paste/write on the inside of the flaps, before gluing the box closed around the tray of chocolates again.

22 hours ago, Aimee said:

You made a different one this time? Then I better check that out! :D