What are your favorite photography related apps?

luckyhelen

Personally I am a big fan of Adobe Lightroom. It is a monthly subscription but, I like how I can edit photos on my PC at home, as well as on my phone.

They have a bunch of other plans but I prefer the Lightroom since that's all I need myself. It's about $10.50 a month [after taxes].

One of the things I love about Lightroom is all the presets. Adobe has a nice selection of free ones, and then there are so many people out there who well sell presets that others can use as well.

Hope I at least helped a little. Congrats on your tablet, and good luck!

• 2 months later...

I don't do much photo-manipulation, but many art programs can also be used to clean or manipulate photos. I'm sure there are plenty of art programs as well you can use for iOS/Android. I typically do photo sharpening before printing photos out, since it's not a top-quality photo-printer. Just an HP Envy. That being said, I use a really ancient art program for some basic photo sharpening and clean-up. Paint Shop Pro 6. From before it was bought by Corel. I think they're up to Paint Shop Pro x7 or so all these years later now. lol The programs look more... photography based than typical digital art. I don't care for the Corel brand, or the trial period of their changes to the software since they bought it from Jasc. So I don't use the updated stuff. I'm just saying, that you don't necessarily need a specific photo app/program to make a photo shine. 😉

• 11 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 9:41 PM, burntpastryies said:

Personally I am a big fan of Adobe Lightroom. It is a monthly subscription but, I like how I can edit photos on my PC at home, as well as on my phone.

They have a bunch of other plans but I prefer the Lightroom since that's all I need myself. It's about $10.50 a month [after taxes].

One of the things I love about Lightroom is all the presets. Adobe has a nice selection of free ones, and then there are so many people out there who well sell presets that others can use as well.

Hope I at least helped a little. Congrats on your tablet, and good luck!

Wow! I use both snapseed and lighroom. Very nice photo edtors.
LR has the ability to split tone and adjust individual colors, It seems to be better for professional works.
Snapseed is faster and a better UI. Has smarter algorithms for masking and healing IMO.