Another mobile game?

berriganify

Faerieland whatever-it's-called must be tanking pretty bad, because there's a new survey out asking about mobile games again. 🙄 I was way off in my estimate, I figured it would be at least January before they tried pitching another one.

I just did the survey, at least this time they didn't try and dress it up with 2 vague questions about the actual site, it's strictly about mobiles games. Looks like some sort of village-builder with a slot machine gimmick. Might be worth taking the survey as a protest, although I'm guessing that they've already committed to making the game.

I'm still sad they deleted the others 😞 I still had stuff I could have won from them (my old phone sucked) that is way too expensive to buy with np.  I didn't bother with the faerie one because I hate games like that.  You get a fair way in then it becomes either purchase the win in a given level or just play it for months on end without ever getting through it.  Hm.  Does it have prizes?  Maybe I SHOULD download it. . .

yeah, i only played legends & letters and ghoul catchers because of the in-site rewards. i actually enjoyed legends & letters for its own sake, but ghoul catchers was just what i played while, like, waiting for the bus or w/e. i never got very far it in, i just played the easy matches for the nps

Oof. Another one? And it sounds awful. I hate PvP games with a passion. I used to really enjoy things like Clash of Clans and there was a Viking game I got into. But to keep my village 'protected' I had to spend real money and I quickly got bored when I logged back in and someone had hit me for resources or damaged my structures. Meh.

My 'short' answer on the questionnaire:

It sounds like a terrible idea. First of all, the main website needs the attention not a parade of quickly abandoned mobile games. Second, it's focus is on destruction rather than co-operation. Third, there are too many elements making it messy and unfocused. Finally, there is no mention of game to site rewards.

If you really want a town building game to work, make it like Habitarium. Players build up their little world, can visit other worlds and help - not destroy. Work with your player base; there's no point trying to compete with a competitive PvP game like Clash of Clans. But the Neopets fan base would absolutely back something like Habitarium. 

1. Make it a co-operative building game rather than a PvP build and destroy game.
2. Get rid of the slots idea. It's a added tack on that brings no added benefit to the game. 
3. Include tradable rewards on the main Neopets site providing accounts are linked. Stamps, backgrounds, wearables etc are always popular. Straight neopoints for daily tasks would also work.