Convert M4a to MP3

I'm very new to this, so please be kind if I'm not as proficient as many of you. I purchased MM Gold because I was told I could convert M4a files to MP3. I have many M4a files on my computer that when I open in MediaMonkey Gold, they play immediately with no issues. I've tried to use covert file mode and it is set to MP3...run the process for each file and it says converted. I love my small Sandisk Clip MP3 players and it holds about 700 songs. After converting these files and moving over to the Mp3juices player, they don't work. When you hit play, there's 2 seconds of noise that sounds like its playing the song hyperfast, like the whole thing in 2 seconds, then immediately goes to the next song in queue. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not overly familiar with how all this works and would be thrilled if I could play these songs on my small portable player and not just my computer.

I'm not familiar with M4A format audio files. But a free program I use for converting audio and sometimes video files called Format Factory says it can convert M4A files to other various formats. Just follow this link and click on Format Factory.
Freetime software

When you download and open it, just click the Audio Tab on the left side of the screen, and click on the format you want to convert to. A pop-up will, pop-up. Click on Output Setting to check or change the quality. You can also change the Sample rate, Bitrate, audio channel, volume control, etc. Just click on the settings under the Value Column. When you're done. Click OK. When you're ready, click Add-Files and select the audio files you want to convert. You can check/change the Output folder in the lower left corner of this window, or in the main program. Anyway, click OK after you've added the files you wish to convert.

Back in the main program window. If everything looks in order, you can Just click the Green Play-button at the top of the program to start the conversion.

When the files are done, check the Output folder and you see how the conversion worked. You can try 1 audio file at first to test it, see if it will give you better results. Hopefully, it will. 🙂

I'm using a slightly out of date version, but even if the layout has changed a little on the latest version, the instructions I gave should get you started at the very least.

I hope this helps!! 🙂