Site Glitches?

Secre

Since the password hack, I've found that the site seems to be running a lot slower in general - not a problem for general browsing, but a nightmare when opening multiple shop tabs and buying hundreds of cheap items.

I'm also coming across this error semi-frequently:

image.png.fdc4e6bb31bbebb27bf18f9c7b4b043d.png

And the Flash games have stopped scoring in Pale Moon. I got them to load yesterday but they wouldn't send scores. Now I can't even get them to load. It's just stuck on this screen:

image.png.f30a7a22f11fae3601c3ec77e3ab978e.png

Anyone else noted issues like this?

I'm also coming across this error semi-frequently:

image.png.fdc4e6bb31bbebb27bf18f9c7b4b043d.png

I've been coming across this error for months, even before the password hack, and it's been driving me up the wall. It happens whenever I do anything that'd lead me to a second page with a prize/result etc (e.g Tombola) and the site verification triggers before the page loads.

I can't speak for Flash games though, haven't played them in Pale Moon or anything like that.

@Duskitty I haven't really been all that active for a while which might explain why I didn't pick it up before.

It's doing my nut in though. Pages are taking forever to load - and no other website is affected, so it's just a neopets thing. I'm having to wait 30 seconds to a couple of minutes for single page refreshes at points. Which would be annoying if I wasn't buying a ton of junk for what may be a never happening Charity Corner. But I've bought 1000 plus items today and you can imagine how irritating it is! Then after taking forever, I have a decent chance at one of the error messages. This is one that's been cropping up as well:

image.png.097a103e96beef527c6c06a4a936b023.png

I am getting them too an it is frustrating! but a funny glitch happened to me the other day. I had an earth faerie quest looking for steam jug and when I went to turn in the item the quest changed to a light faerie for a gnome with a fishing pole. I was like what the what!? Lol

I've notice the occasional lag spike, but I just chalked it up to my internet being Like That.

That dang 404 though, I get that practically every single time I try to use the lab ray.

As for the flash, is it possible that TNT has just pulled the plug on the flash games? They did say back in 2021 that they wouldn't be supported forever, only that people could continue to play them with workarounds until they were eventually disabled.

Usually if I keep a few pages open for longer than usual, they start to make my whole computer laggy. However I've found it's only on certain pages, and not the same with others. I hope these things get fixed soon, it's not as much of a bother for me, but I can see it becoming one for others.

@berriganify Ah, yes that is possible with Flash games isn't it? Maybe the site fixes done after the password breach have killed them for good. Pity. I only just downloaded Palemoon a couple of months ago! Only took advantage of it for a little while before wandering off again. Completely my fault though on that score!

@GlitchtaleLover I don't think I was helping things by having ten shops open at once and clicking quite quickly to get as much junk as possible in as short a time frame. But it never used to cause an issue!

On 8/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, GlitchtaleLover said:

Usually if I keep a few pages open for longer than usual, they start to make my whole computer laggy. However I've found it's only on certain pages, and not the same with others. I hope these things get fixed soon, it's not as much of a bother for me, but I can see it becoming one for others.

If you are using Adblock, remove it from your browser and put on uBlock Origin instead.

The lag is caused by the Adblock extension. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:26 PM, Singledwish123 said:

I don't know if this is related, but I haven't been able to submit scores for weeks now, I only get the "Undefined" on all the buttons of the game, even after logging on/off, clearing my cache, etc. Have not received any response from support for weeks.

Scores no longer send after Neopets made the rest of the website HTTPS. Only a few games have workarounds at the moment and one of the Pale Moon  Ruffle contributors are working on a fix to get games playable and scores sendable again. I'm not sure how many people are working on the project there or if they have a time line for a fix.

14 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

If you are using Adblock, remove it from your browser and put on uBlock Origin instead.

Scores no longer send after Neopets made the rest of the website HTTPS. Only a few games have workarounds at the moment and one of the Pale Moon contributors are working on a fix to get games playable and scores sendable again. I'm not sure how many people are working on the project there or if they have a time line for a fix.

Ooh, thanks for the workaround and the Pale Moon info! I'll be excited if they get them up and running again!!

15 hours ago, Singledwish123 said:

I don't know if this is related, but I haven't been able to submit scores for weeks now, I only get the "Undefined" on all the buttons of the game, even after logging on/off, clearing my cache, etc. Have not received any response from support for weeks.

Yeah, that's what I've had on the Flash games. But the HTTPS explanation makes sense.

Ah got it thank you!!

On 8/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, hrtbrk said:

Scores no longer send after Neopets made the rest of the website HTTPS. Only a few games have workarounds at the moment and one of the Pale Moon contributors are working on a fix to get games playable and scores sendable again. I'm not sure how many people are working on the project there or if they have a time line for a fix.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, Trimologist said:

Thank you for your explanations about the flash games glitch on Pale Moon, but how do you explain the fact that some people can still send scores as it can be seen on the high scores tables ?

Turns out it's not Pale Moon, but Ruffle that is being worked on. Some scores do still send on Ruffle and more are being worked on. 

A new work-around has been posted on Reddit by the user who has taken on the project. Of course use at your own risk: https://github.com/juvian/neopets-flash-fix

Otherwise I assume people have really old computers that still have Flash on them and they are able to submit scores. 

Looks like it's gotten worse. I was trying to finish my dailies before midnight and now I'm getting this on every pageload:

image.png.c9dbb20a6c6d73013cc24060247fd907.png

I guess I'm locked out of Neopets for the indeterminable future.

15 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Looks like it's gotten worse. I was trying to finish my dailies before midnight and now I'm getting this on every pageload:

image.png.c9dbb20a6c6d73013cc24060247fd907.png

I guess I'm locked out of Neopets for the indeterminable future.

They requested on the Neoboards to submit a ticket to them with your reference number and explaining what you were doing so they can unblock your IP. 

24 Aug 2022 - 1:05 pm
Hello, Neopians! We are currently fine-tuning and improving our site security. If you happen to experience a web page that says you're blocked on our site, then please make a ticket so our Customer Support team can help you out. Please be sure to include that Reference ID you see on that page to better facilitate the process.

We're receiving a lot of feedback and greatly appreciate the messages. Many apologies for the inconvenience, we hope to get you back into Neopia soon!

2 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

They requested on the Neoboards to submit a ticket to them with your reference number and explaining what you were doing so they can unblock your IP. 

24 Aug 2022 - 1:05 pm
Hello, Neopians! We are currently fine-tuning and improving our site security. If you happen to experience a web page that says you're blocked on our site, then please make a ticket so our Customer Support team can help you out. Please be sure to include that Reference ID you see on that page to better facilitate the process.

We're receiving a lot of feedback and greatly appreciate the messages. Many apologies for the inconvenience, we hope to get you back into Neopia soon!

Good to know they're aware of the issue and are working on it! I've sent in a ticket last night with the same screenshot I posted above, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

Interesting that they just straight up block your IP. I can at least use Tor browser's encryption feature to bypass the block for the time being.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, berriganify said:

So it's the IP that's blocked, but your accounts aren't banned?

Yep - to be sure, I had my boyfriend (who lives with me) try to access the site from his computer. He was also blocked despite not having an account or even having been on the site before, so it was definitely IP related.

I've been unblocked now and haven't had any issues since. Hopefully it stays that way.