Petpet Splurge!

Secre

Well, it's been a while. I keep getting bored and distracted and wandering off only to come back to dying pets. However, I had a huge splurge today on petpets! Unfortunately due to image sizes, I'll have to post three back to backs as it will only accept one at a time.

image.png.00b91fa148f0c5221be9a32666dff9f2.png

Next up we have Voldermorts! Deliberate misspell as the actual spelling was taken. But poor little Hedwig!

No description available.

And ooh! It's letting me paste more than one image this time!! Fuzzbabies nearly ended up with a Plushie, but Turmacs are so cute!

And finally we have Grandad Eeyore! And I have no idea why it's let me do all the images now, but threw a hissy at more than one image before!

On 8/7/2022 at 2:56 AM, shauns_fiancee said:

those are just lovely!  you always have the best taste and the entire composition is always creative and beautiful!  thank you for sharing.

Thank you! I need to start moving some items to my baby side I think as my closet is a tad bare, but we'll see. I'm always hesitant to move particularly NC items from my main, despite having a ton of them just in case a custom DESPERATELY NEEDS IT in like two years time... hoarding tendency gets me every time.

The Maraquan Mazzew is just so cute .. it is a little green monster ...

so is the Juma ... Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda :D

I got another dreamie pet today

https://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Synthisia

On 8/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Angeló said:

The Maraquan Mazzew is just so cute .. it is a little green monster ...

so is the Juma ... Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda :D

I got another dreamie pet today

https://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Synthisia

Ooooh! Nice! I've got several more pets/petpets on the horizon, but I've spent more than enough for now!

And yep, I fell in love with the Mazzew on sight! The Halloween Goldie was a close second, but the colours didn't match!

Random and off topic question - I've just discovered I've got Music Lovers Backdrop in my closet. Is this something you need for your gallery or have you already got it?

5 hours ago, Secre said:

Random and off topic question - I've just discovered I've got Music Lovers Backdrop in my closet. Is this something you need for your gallery or have you already got it?

I already have this one 🙂

Did you happen to buy a 15th Unhappy Birthday Wish Candle for the NC Mall Birthday ? It has a bonus item called Dark Disco Party Background

but I've spent more than enough for now!

I have 56,000 NP in the bank. That's it !! If my Food Club bets tank tonight, I can't max bet tomorrow :D

@Angeló Oof, yeah I'm significantly higher than 56k. And I remembered to do Food Club for the first time in months! 

I didn't, I'm afraid. It's a pretty background as well. I'll put it on my NC list, but it looks like it was a bonus item and they get expensive to trade for!

@berriganify Hedwig has been the goal from the start - Voldermorts being haunted by the sad little owl appealed to me! The rest were mostly down to meandering through petpets to find one that matched somehow. It was colours for the Turmac, and I just think they are cute. Elderly match for Grandad and I have an Elderly Symol on another pet. And I just fell in love with the Mazzew.

The Weewoo was 100k odd, the Grey PB 1.3 mil. The Juma was about 400k. Turmac 1.5mil and Mazzew 700k odd I think... so 4 mil odd...  

Worth it though for this view:

image.png

Oh, the haunting story is a great idea! It's a pity there's no ghostly weewoo, but the grey does a good job at looking suitably mysterious!

4 mil isn't bad at all, considering that's three whole petpets! (i may have dropped 22m on one just a week ago lol)

What page is that, by the way, where you can see all the petpets together?

@berriganify Oh crikey! Which petpet was that!?? I thought the Candychan was bad enough at around 12 mil!! I was looking at a Dirt Symol for one of my babies - I like having a baby style theme so Birthday is also one of the possibilities. But as small children rummage in mud, it seemed fitting until I saw the price!

It's the Grave Danger page before you send the petpet off on a quest: https://www.neopets.com/halloween/gravedanger/index.phtml

I didn't, I'm afraid. It's a pretty background as well. I'll put it on my NC list, but it looks like it was a bonus item and they get expensive to trade for!

Yeah unfortunately it's a bonus item .. i know it's not easy to obtain and that's ok .. you don't have to ❤️

I can't wait til I move in with my soon-to-be-wife and use her Credit Card to buy NC :D

..................................... it's gonna be a short marriage and she's gonna kill me but at least I'll have died happy with the NC items I want

@Secre ohhh right! i haven't played that in ages. neat!

and it was the mutant yooyu. they were only 10-12m like a year ago 🥲 but they're a retired item and i know that even if the inflation does settled, they're probably not coming back down anywhere near that again, so i just went for it before they got worse. it was the last petpet i needed for that account, it's now my second account that's 100% complete!

4763657.png.ad5c71e01a33bb8c137f7e82fc3ae0f3.png

but whoo boy did that ever put a dent in my bank! i only had like a mil left. working on the rebuild now

@Angeló Hah, just remember to buy from third party sellers, not neopets itself. You get a slight discount and two boxes with each purchase which is great. You also get the NC instantly instead of on the site where it can be delayed. 

I'll keep my eyes out for the BG. You never know. It might be on someone's 'clearing out because I'm leaving' list.

@berriganify Oof, yes, it's a gorgeous petpet but I can see why it would hurt. But yeah, the only way that is going down in price is if they re-release it as a new AC prize which seems unlikely!

@Angeló (sorry, my quote function isn't working hence the tagging instead). 

So you can buy NC on the main site; 2000NC for $20. But you get nothing other than your NC. There are people who sell NC cards - they used to be ridiculously cheaper like $7 for 2000NC but TNT closed that loophole. But they are still slightly cheaper than TNT and for every card (worth 750NC you get two boxes). You also get good service, guarenteed immediate NC and no bugs or issues that will take months to resolve via a ticket.

I've used Marina: https://shoppy.gg/@ncshop and Leticia before: https://shoppy.gg/@Nccards with no issues. Others highly recommend Bruno:  bit.ly/brunonc

Currently all of them are the same price and you get 2250NC for $19.50. It's worth checking all three as occasionally one of them will have a sale and be slightly below the others.

There's the added bonus that you are supporting individuals to supplement their income in poorer countries. I think most of the sellers are from Brazil and Mexico.

@Angeló At least it's not just me! Yeah, drop down notifications don't work for me either, I have to click 'see all'. Haven't tried searching yet!

I forgot to mention, the reason the bonus boxes are so useful is that they are the only way to transfer NC items for trading or between sides. You get two per Gift Box Capsule (three if you get the bonus) which are 200NC each (100NC during Black Friday and if you buy on Black Friday itself, they give four boxes).

But not including sales or bonuses, 2250NC bought off site gets you 6 boxes, which is worth 3 GBC if you were going to use them yourself rather than trading as currency. So you are essentially getting an 'extra' 600NC worth just in a very limited form as you can't trade gift boxes. But still, any freebie is a useful freebie!

19 hours ago, Secre said:

@Angeló At least it's not just me! Yeah, drop down notifications don't work for me either, I have to click 'see all'. Haven't tried searching yet!

I noticed that too! I figured it was just NoScript being NoScipt. But it looks like this new layout's fixed everything

Also yes, the mutant yooyu is very cute! It's also literally the only petpet I could have gotten for him. Part of that pet's backstory is that he's a disgraced yooyuball player, and the other four pets in his 'group' all have mutant petpets, so... mutant yooyu was really the only good choice. But hey, what are neopoints for if not to be spent?

15 hours ago, Angeló said:

image.png.f308cf88ccfec05e32b1acfa93869f19.png

Angelo, with all the boxes you have I would have thought I would have received at least 195 gifts! I wouldn't want to use all the boxes on me, save a couple for your other friends. I'm ready, start sending!! lol  

15 hours ago, Angeló said:

Trudy's been good to me

But still those cards give more NC for the money

^_^

image.png.f308cf88ccfec05e32b1acfa93869f19.png

Oh nice! I had a backlog like this after I went crazy buying in 2020 Black Friday sales and got 4 boxes for every 2000NC! I'm down to about 70 now. 

4 hours ago, berriganify said:

I noticed that too! I figured it was just NoScript being NoScipt. But it looks like this new layout's fixed everything

Also yes, the mutant yooyu is very cute! It's also literally the only petpet I could have gotten for him. Part of that pet's backstory is that he's a disgraced yooyuball player, and the other four pets in his 'group' all have mutant petpets, so... mutant yooyu was really the only good choice. But hey, what are neopoints for if not to be spent?

Hah, true enough. I'm looking at upgrading my Battledome gear and wincing at how much this is going to cost me!