I'm Locked Out

granny63020

OK I was busy doing something on Neo when a message popped up telling me to log in. I tried and it was required I change my password to log in. I followed all the instructions and of course I'm still locked out. I sent a ticket but I wonder how much good that is going to do. UGH!

Seems they're having a mandatory password change following the data breach so everyone will be logged out at some point today. Mine was signed out and I tried logging in and it said my password was wrong. Followed the reset steps and tried to log in but it just sat at the login screen. I had to refresh the page (Firefox) a few times for it to finally allow me to sign in. Does yours come with any kind of error message?

8 hours ago, Steve said:

Seems they're having a mandatory password change following the data breach so everyone will be logged out at some point today. Mine was signed out and I tried logging in and it said my password was wrong. Followed the reset steps and tried to log in but it just sat at the login screen. I had to refresh the page (Firefox) a few times for it to finally allow me to sign in. Does yours come with any kind of error message?

No but it is just sitting on that log in screen with no error message. I'm going to go back and start refreshing like you did. I also use FF.

I have been refreshing and getting the error message now that says

Invalid Password. Please enter the correct password to continue

Do you think I should click the forgot password again and start over? If I do this can I put in the password that I just chose to use or will I have to come up with another

Well, it has been 8 hours since I posted this 1st message. All this time has been spent trying to reset the PW.  During my efforts I received a message saying I was all set and my PW had been changed. Each time I received that message when I tried to log in I would get the same error message as the one  listed above. Can't even count how many times I wanted to get a hammer. So, I just *changed the PW* again for the umpteenth time and received the message it was ok to log in with the new PW (again).  So I again tried logging in and this time I was actually able to do so. I'm not going to log out because I don't want to go through this again.  I want to say thank you Steve and Angelo for trying to help. Steve I did try several times to refresh. I also restarted the computer probably 6 times. I checked the PW's in my security section just to be sure there was no mistake with user name or password. It had to be Neo doing this and not my computer. I'm happy for those that were able to change PW's without any problems and I am feeling sorrow for those that have to go through what I did or even worse. All I have for advice is GOOD LUCK! and thanks for making it so difficult Neo.

Edited by Granny63020
update

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

Do you think I should click the forgot password again and start over? If I do this can I put in the password that I just chose to use or will I have to come up with another

I'd say try resetting it again in case something went wonky the first time. As far as I know you shouldn't have a problem using repeat passwords (after the breach obviously), I don't think they restrict that. Also as a side note in case your password is lengthy it can cause issues if it exceeds a certain amount of characters so that may be an issue as well. If it doesn't work after another reset (without having an error) you may want to try clearing your browser cache, and click the login button a few times.

42 minutes ago, Angeló said:

you shouldn't use @ or # in your password or else it will lock you out 

otherwise you can try resetting your password again 

I don't have either of those symbols in my password and didn't have them in the previous password. Just checked my email and have a message that says the reset code was cancelled and to click here to begin the reset process again.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Also as a side note in case your password is lengthy it can cause issues if it exceeds a certain amount of characters so that may be an issue as well. If it doesn't work after another reset (without having an error) you may want to try clearing your browser cache, and click the login button a few times.

I don't think it is too lengthy otherwise I wouldn't be able to remember it. Of course I know all about writing them down but who wants to look them up when you log in. LOL Trust me on clicking that *log in* button. I'm surprised I still have a button to click. I was pretty upset about  this whole thing in the 1st place and now that I've walked away for awhile I can calmly try this again without trying to break something, like a log in button.