Altador Cup Winner Announced And Prize Shops!

hrtbrk

I thought for SURE Meridell would rank 1st! I wonder what happened at the end?

Also, what's up with the price of the prizes? There are 3 stamps and when I asked someone on the TP what they were looking for, for the set of 3. He said 120m! Seriously, 120,000,000 NP! I have some MUCH OLDER AC stamps and those combined wouldn't come CLOSE to 120mil!

How is that even....?! Since I couldn't play enough to get even one stamp this year, I was counting on doing some trading. Guess I'll have to write them off and try again next year. *sigh*

Btw, those Thunder Sticks things seem pretty cool. I don't have enough points for 'em, but I looked up their stats, they kind of make the Moehog Skull look like an over-priced paperweight. lol With as hard as it would be to obtain a Moehog Skull I mean. 😉 Plus the stats are a little nicer on the Thunder Sticks imho. Similar attack in icon number, different types of course, but the defense is a bit more useful if you know you're going against an opponent that uses a LOT of Physical icons. 😉

10 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I thought for SURE Meridell would rank 1st! I wonder what happened at the end?

I'm not super invested in the AC but from what I've read on the boards... (and granted I have no idea how accurate any of this is, but...) it sounds like TNT tried to mitigate the scores of cheaters by making their scores not count toward their team scores, and a lot of legitimate players also got likewise "shadowbanned" in the process?

Either way, I don't think ANYONE expected the result we got.

If anyone is selling the stamps I'm willing to buy them! I still need all three. I'd rather buy from someone from TDN than a random stranger.

7 hours ago, Aranel said:

I'm not super invested in the AC but from what I've read on the boards... (and granted I have no idea how accurate any of this is, but...) it sounds like TNT tried to mitigate the scores of cheaters by making their scores not count toward their team scores, and a lot of legitimate players also got likewise "shadowbanned" in the process?

Either way, I don't think ANYONE expected the result we got.

Hey Brooke! Nice to see you're still around! 🙂 (Wouldn't have known if not for your sig though. lol)

That would be nice. I wish there was a better way to keep people from cheating. I mean, cheating at a FREE game? Kinda... sad really. Anyway, that's a nice idea. I just hope no legit players get caught up in that mitigation.

I really wish that YYB would reward higher scores with more prize points. Like, sure the game and the goals would count toward the team and the ranking up. But the sheer number of items that cost higher numbers of prize points is insanity this year. THREE stamps? The Thunder Sticks, as I said before, looks like a cool and worthy higher-cost weapon. But I fail to see how 3 stamps does anything good, except make those with a ton of time to dedicate to the AC to get to and go beyond All-Star, a TON of NP? I don't get the valuation there. 120mil for 3 brand new stamps that people will be claiming over several days and weeks so the supply will likely increase a little for awhile.

I mean SURE, I'm frustrated by the crazy asking prices of those stamps, AND that I didn't have time to dedicate to the AC this year. AND that I missed out on last year's prizes because I went to check the Prize shop in May and apparently I'd JUST missed it. Though as I recall I didn't have a ton of Prize points from last year, maybe around 4000? Not sure if it would've been enough for the stamp or not.

But as far as goals scored counting toward prize points? I've been wishing they'd do that for most of the last 10 years. 😉 Though with the new way YYB is timed, you can't score nearly as high as you could when it was Flash. 😉

I understand that it might lessen the amount that the support games are played, but I doubt it would be THAT big of a deal. There's still a score-send cap on the games right? So there's still only so many games of YYB that one could play/send in a day. They'd just get some extra prize points if they were skilled enough to score a lot of goals. And playing the support games would still give prize points, rank points and count toward beating the opponent team each day. So there's still plenty of reasons for most to play them.

6 hours ago, Duma said:

If anyone is selling the stamps I'm willing to buy them! I still need all three. I'd rather buy from someone from TDN than a random stranger.

LOL If I had that kind of NP to blow, I'd say "same", Duma. If the stamps ever get down to all 3 for say, 10 mil. I'd buy a set. But it takes me waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to earn NP to go for them at their current price. I hope you can find a good deal from another TDNer! 🙂

Quick question. If your team ranks in the top 3, do you get anything for it? Like, extra prize shop points or something for the players who supported the top 3 teams during the AC? Just sudden;y wondered. lol

Thanks in advance. 😉