Asking help to get certain specific NC items

enitul

Hey everyone. I'm looking to collect as many Meridell themed items as I can and I'm still missing a few. So this year I figured it couldn't hurt to ask for some help collecting the 3 Altador Cup related ones that I still need. So if you want to help and, by any chance, happen to get (or have) a: Meridell Team Crazy Wig, Meridell Team Sport Shirt, or a Meridell Team Foam Finger from a (2022) Altador Cup Retired Mystery Capsule could you please let me know? I'm willing to give something in return as a reward. 🙂 And good luck to all who are participating in the Altador Cup this year!

I don't have the items but it might be worth asking around on the boards and checking DTI's listings to see who might have them.

Values wise Meridell Team Foam Finger is around ~5, Meridell Team Sport Shirt doesn't have a value on Waka and Meridell Team Crazy Wig is ~1-2 so likely the easiest to get. Values off Waka as Owls doesn't have updated values for them. 

Sorry, I can't get my bolding to go away, I'm not shouting I promise!

42 minutes ago, Secre said:

I don't have the items but it might be worth asking around on the boards and checking DTI's listings to see who might have them.

Values wise Meridell Team Foam Finger is around ~5, Meridell Team Sport Shirt doesn't have a value on Waka and Meridell Team Crazy Wig is ~1-2 so likely the easiest to get. Values off Waka as Owls doesn't have updated values for them. 

Sorry, I can't get my bolding to go away, I'm not shouting I promise!

No worries. Thanks for the advice. 🙂 But since when do NC items have values and what are Waka, Owls and DTI?

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, enitul said:

No worries. Thanks for the advice. 🙂 But since when do NC items have values and what are Waka, Owls and DTI?

Sorry, I disappeared again.

I think NC items have always had values. Don't quote me, but I believe that's the case. Usually things are low value when they are in the NC Mall and increase in value when they retire. Things that are rarer or older are higher value.

Waka and Owls are petpages dedicated to NC values. Waka isn't being updated anymore, but Owls is newer and doesn't have values for a lot of items. It would have been better if they used the Waka values as a starting point and updated it from there, but they started from scratch. So you often have to skip between the two.

Waka got their homepage at Neopets.com

Owls got their homepage at Neopets.com

Dress to Impress is a site where you can test out wearables before getting them and people keep trading lists on there, so you can see who might have a specific item.

Dress to Impress: Preview customized Neopets' clothing and wearables (openneo.net)

Apologies again for the delayed response.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, Secre said:

Sorry, I disappeared again.

I think NC items have always had values. Don't quote me, but I believe that's the case. Usually things are low value when they are in the NC Mall and increase in value when they retire. Things that are rarer or older are higher value.

Waka and Owls are petpages dedicated to NC values. Waka isn't being updated anymore, but Owls is newer and doesn't have values for a lot of items. It would have been better if they used the Waka values as a starting point and updated it from there, but they started from scratch. So you often have to skip between the two.

Waka got their homepage at Neopets.com

Owls got their homepage at Neopets.com

Dress to Impress is a site where you can test out wearables before getting them and people keep trading lists on there, so you can see who might have a specific item.

Dress to Impress: Preview customized Neopets' clothing and wearables (openneo.net)

Apologies again for the delayed response.

No worries. I'm more surprised you answered again. :D Thanks for the info. But I got get all the items I needed. Bought like 200 retired AC capsules and got the last item after like 10. So I got stuck with a whole lot of those things. XD

15 hours ago, enitul said:

No worries. I'm more surprised you answered again. :D Thanks for the info. But I got get all the items I needed. Bought like 200 retired AC capsules and got the last item after like 10. So I got stuck with a whole lot of those things. XD

Hah! Ouch! You can offer them for trades, but people do tend to go for GBC's over retired caps - exceptions being Baby caps and Dyeworks caps which make people go insane. The AC caps have a large prize pool as well, which makes them undesirable as there is a higher chance of getting low value items.

Worth posting on the boards though to see if anyone will bite!

As a hint for future - I tend to buy in batches of 5-10 tops depending on how many items I want. That way, I'm usually only stuck with 3-5 leftover maximum!